Author Topic: Has anyone ever had a loved one tell them they look awfull  (Read 304 times)

Offline Gigi Cooper

Has anyone ever had a loved one tell them they look awfull
« on: June 23, 2022, 05:38:02 am »
So the other day I dressed up, put on my Wig and makeup and took a few selfies in the bathroom mirror. Having not yet started hormones yet my face has not rounded/softened out. I thought I looked pretty good and decided to show the picture to the wife. She said i look awfull. She has always said I would never pass as a woman but it sure was a put down. Perhaps she can't see past the man she married. I think she is still trying to convince me this transitioning is a mistake but with her or without I must go on.

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: Has anyone ever had a loved one tell them they look awfull
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 06:00:48 am »
Perhaps she can't see past the man she married.

It can take a long time for those closest to you to see past the face they have known for decades. Although my wife was always kind when discussing my appearance, I was my own worst enemy. Just days after deciding to transition, I looked in the mirror and told myself that I was 'going to make one ugly woman'. It was only a few months ago when I realized I no longer saw my 'old' face staring back at me.

Sometimes being yourself isn't easy. It's as if the world doesn't like change and it fights against you. Although it may take years, be yourself. The world will adjust.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline Gigi Cooper

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 01:19:50 pm »
Thanks Jessica. It was a real downer hearing her say that and only glanced at the photo. Now she says if I ever have surgery she will file for a divorce, make your decision. I know its early on and she is struggling with this. Only time will tell what happens. 

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 02:30:21 pm »
My wife was really upset with me, but I tried to take it slow and give her time. It's unfortunate that some spouses don't even want to try making things work. As mad as she was initially, my wife decided to hang around for a while. We remarried each other as two brides on June 2021. She and I are both much happier now.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 02:34:22 pm »
My wife was really upset with me, but I tried to take it slow and give her time. It's unfortunate that some spouses don't even want to try making things work. As mad as she was initially, my wife decided to hang around for a while. We remarried each other as two brides on June 2021. She and I are both much happier now.

@Jessic_Rose
Dear Jessica:
Thank you for sharing your wonderfully encouraging
and supportive testimony about you and your wife.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 03:05:18 pm »

You and Susan have a remarkable relationship and I am happy for you!!!

I have attended two bride weddings.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: