Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Social Advantage to Being a Woman!

(1/3) > >>

Maid Marion:
I commented in another thread that as a small woman, I get to make the first move.
I just had a neighbor over who helped pound some roof trim back into place!
I feel so much better now that the wood is protected from the weather.

A few weeks ago he asked if I needed any help.  I initially said no, then remembered the vinyl trim that had blown off in a wind storm.  He agreed, but there were missing nails so I said we could do it in a few weeks when I got them. I bought a package of nails from Walmart for $1.

Today he was washing his car so he agreed to help while his car was between washing and waxing.
I put up the ladder and tied it down.  I also  had a cordless drill ready just in case.

With all that preparation it was an easy job!  We talked and I told him about big woodpeckers in the neighborhood he should look out for.  We talked about safety and I suggested that he call me anytime he needs someone to hold the ladder for him.  Like many couples his wife works full time and often isn't around when he is working on the house. He remarked that he's had a few close calls and having someone holding a ladder would really make a difference.

I mentioned some really healthy ground cover I wanted to get rid of and he said there was a bare patch he'd like to fill.  I showed him how well it was doing in a similar spot.  I'll have room for more roses!

Marion

MaryXYX:
We can use our 'advantage' by being smaller and weaker.  (At least seen as weaker.)  Many men will feel good about helping us with something they can do and think we can't.

Jessica_K:
I always play with the girl card when moving heavy amplifiers and speakers around. Although to be honest they are a bit heavy for me anyway and the lads are always willing to help

Jessica xx

Maid Marion:
I've found it best to socialize with the highly educated.  Doctors, Educators, and Engineers are easy to socialize with. They enjoy talking to people with the background necessary to understand what they are thinking sans translation.  Not only was I fortunate to go to some very fine schools, I had the audacity to take difficult courses outside my major!  But, by senior year, I realized that maybe I didn't really need to do that anymore, and took an easy Freshman Econ course as a senior!

While I certainly respect the work that service workers do, finding common intellectual ground is hard.

Marion

Oldandcreaky:

--- Quote ---I commented in another thread that as a small woman, I get to make the first move.
--- End quote ---

You have commented many times about your size and it seems a point of pride for you, but working alongside my neighbors has nothing to do with my size. It's about generosity and affability, theirs and mine.

--- Quote ---I've found it best to socialize with the highly educated.  Doctors, Educators, and Engineers are easy to socialize with. They enjoy talking to people with the background necessary to understand what they are thinking sans translation.  Not only was I fortunate to go to some very fine schools
--- End quote ---

We differ here too. I relate easily and gladly with tradespeople. I respect and honor those who have literally built our world and when it goes awry, who restore our world. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version