General Discussions > Fashion

What style dress do you like

(1/5) > >>

ronniekylie90:
What type of dress do you like? I find more fitting ones to be my sort of style, as I'm quite athletic, the floral and flow dresses don't seem to fit me or my personality.

Here's a pic of a dress I got recently, wish I had more hips but hey ho!

Maid Marion:
Hi RonnieKylie90,

I've bought dresses like that on Revolve and Ebay.
I'm short, so mini dresses often reach my knees.
I bought a mini dress off Ebay that was advertised as a 30" long top!

Marion

ronniekylie90:

--- Quote from: Maid Marion on June 30, 2022, 05:30:17 am ---Hi RonnieKylie90,

I've bought dresses like that on Revolve and Ebay.
I'm short, so mini dresses often reach my knees.
I bought a mini dress off Ebay that was advertised as a 30" long top!

Marion

--- End quote ---
how tall are you? I'm also quite short between 5'5'' and 5'6'' :)

Do you prefer floral and more open? or these types of dresses?

I do love a co-ord (so like the top and skirt separate that match). there's certain types of dresses that I definitely feel would look great on certain type of woman (think Kate Middleton - very lady like)but not me.

does anyone feel the same?

Gertrude:
There are several factors one might consider: body shape/size, season, occasion, age and personal preference. Some women are averse to wear dresses as much as a man, some that's all they wear, some it depends.

For myself, being tall, it's difficult. It depends on dress construction. dresses that are seamed/cut midriff are usually too high wasted for me. I have a longer torso, especially compared to someone AFAB at my height. With that in mind, skirts with a long enough top work better. With dresses, a princess seamed sheath, which has no horizontal cut. Whatever the case, 1-2" above the knee at shortest, midi the longest. So 43-50" in length. Think of Capt. Raydor on Major Crimes or some of the women ADA's on law and order. Kate Middleton looks good, but she's a stick and I doubt she buys anything off the rack.

Maid Marion:
Just 5' 2"  so I'm short even by GG standards!  I think I lost an inch wearing heels!
But, compared to some other short GGs, by torso is shorter and my legs are longer, so my proportions look very good for a short person.  That, combined with my youthful face and salt and pepper hair, lets me wear juniors clothes without looking inappropriate for my age.  I have the hourglass figure that works with everything.

When I used to dress as a guy I'd follow the rules to make me look taller.  No busy patterns and no breaking up lines with contrasting tops/bottoms.  But I looked awful anyways as everything was too big or awkwardly cut.  Everything in men's was too big, even Chinese XS.  Everything in boys was cut for "one size fits all" and I needed something form fitting.  Eddie Bauer Petite Small tops are a really great fit for a comfy outfit that looks good.

But, as a girl, that doesn't matter.  I just bought a nice big 36mm watch on Amazon that makes my wrist look tiny!

I accidentally bought a huge wall clock on Amazon for my bathroom.  I didn't realize how big 18 inches was until I saw it in person!  But, it turned out great as I can see it just fine without my glasses!  So Amazon put two and two together and offered my a Citizen Eco Watch for $47!  Hoping that if I buy one and like it I will start buying bigger watches than the tiny ones I bought in the past!

Marion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version