Author Topic: How long after starting HRT did you notice your skin changing?  (Read 380 times)

Offline NancyDrew1930

So today's been 1 month since I started MTF HRT, and today I found that as I was taking a mug of chicken broth out of the microwave, it was a lot hotter to touch than other times.  I had it in for the same amount of time as I've always done in the past, and even though it was hot, I could handle it.  But today I had to get a plate and carry the mug from the microwave to the table on the plate, because it was sooo hot to hold. 

So how long after starting HRT did the rest of you find that you couldn't touch or hold onto things that were as hot or cold as they usually are?

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: How long after starting HRT did you notice your skin changing?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 05:21:11 am »
While many people who start hormone therapy report many unusual changes to the way they preceive things, I did not notice any changes in my perception of hot or cold.

Maybe I felt so much better about myself that I just did not notice any other changes. One thing I am certain of, is that the changes I experienced are the most excellent experiences in my entire life.

I wish you the same. Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 05:39:52 pm »
Heat or coolness perceptions did not change for me.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline traci_k

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 07:21:09 am »
Likewise, no change in perceptions of hot and cold. After several months I thought I could detect subtle changes in softness but it could also have been wishful thinking.

After a year on hormones and electrolysis, I can most definitely feel a change in facial skin.

Changes take time.

Misty
Traci Melissa Knight

Offline KrystalDragon

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 12:02:51 pm »
I noticed in the shower after about the 3rd week,
normally I crank the lever all the way to hot and have a hot shower every morning, when suddenly it was like WOW who messed with the hot water heater, they realized its one of those modern safety shower valves that doesn't let you run it too hot.

Online Kaleig_hC

• Neighbor
Women have warmer cores, but cooler extremeties. You also have a slighter lower temperature when using a skin thermometer. These factors may affect your cold and hot tolerance. Weight affects cold tolerance too. Skinny people like me feels the cold more since your body has less fat insulation. I take fairly hot showers but I have not much in the way of needing to turn the temperature done at least yet.

Tags: