Blogs > Member Blogs

Quotables

(1/2) > >>

MacyG:
"It does no good to tell a [transgender person] that this is all old ground and to get over yourself, any more that it does to tell this to a fifteen-year-old. There is nothing as annoying as someone for whom the world is new. At least to those for whom the world is old."
-Jennifer Finney Boylan, She's Not There

Looking around this wonderful site and community helping each other through this life, I'm struck that -- as unexpected, weird and disruptive as this experience is for each of us as individuals -- none of it is that really all that uncommon, abnormal, or tumultuous (in the grand scheme of things).

So here's my go at a blog then. The theme: un-originality. Or, more specifically, the it's to be the thoughts of others as they relate to the path we're headed down; hoping that what lands for me, lands for another reader or two. I think I'll be able to find words far more useful than anything I can personally conjure up.

After all, in the words of Jennifer Boylan, "For me, of course, the party was just beginning..."

Northern Star Girl:
@MacyG
Dear Macy:
I am very glad to see that you have now started your own personal blog/thread that you can consider to be your journal here on the forums.  As you post your thoughts, ideas and questions you can expect that you will have "followers" that will keep abreast of what you post about going on in your transition life.... and you can then expect comments from like-minded members here that will be pertinent to what you are posting.

I keep a personal thread journal here on the Forums, in fact I have a couple of them listed at the bottom of my profile on my page after any comment that I post.  You might find them informative and will want to take a look at them if you have the time.
Very importantly I also keep a more personal (for my eyes only) old school pen&paper journal at home complete with colorful doodling and a snapshot picture every so often.   On a cold rainy night, I can be found in my comfortable chair in front of my fireplace reading my journal for hours, sometimes with tears in my eyes, tears of joy and sometime tears of disappointments.

The good thing regarding keeping personal journals is that you can write about your successes and good moments and when you have not-so-good moments you can write out your frustrations, discouragements and failures... in other words you can use your journals to "vent"... which can then allow you to ponder and think about your life situation and then try to formulate positive actions that will bring improvements...  this is all very good therapy for sure.

Here on the forums we are ALL wishing you well and rooting for you success... we will rejoice with you when you report good things and when you report not-so-good things we will lend you our ear to listen and will offer our shoulder for you to lean on.

I will be eagerly looking for your future postings as you feel so led to share them.

HUGS and best wishes to you as you continue in your journey.
Danielle     northernstargirl@susans.org
Global Moderator

MacyG:
"If soul mates do exist, they're not found. They're made. People meet, they get a good feeling, and then they get to work building a relationship."
-The Good Place

I came out to my wife last week. The details are for just the two of us, but suffice to say it went very well and she never ceases to amaze me with what an incredible person she is, and how very lucky I am. No doubt, we're in a honeymoon period and hard times are over the horizon. But I finally know that those hard times will push us together, not apart.

Ever since I heard the quote on The Good Place, I've loved the sentiment: soulmates don't really exist: but you can build them. However, it looks like I need to add:

"We meet our soulmates when we're on our soul path."
-Unknown

Northern Star Girl:
@MacyG
Dear Macy:
Thank you for sharing and posting your very good news regarding coming out to your wife!!!

I am very, very happy for you.
Please continue updating your Blog thread as you feel comfortable sharing.

All of us here on the Forums are rooting for your success and happiness.
HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

Sephirah:

--- Quote from: MacyG on July 04, 2022, 09:22:41 am ---I think I'll be able to find words far more useful than anything I can personally conjure up.

--- End quote ---

Not sure about that, sweetie. Give it a try. After all...

"When you stop believing you can inspire, you're left believing only that you can expire." ~ Me... just now. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version