Community Conversation > Crossdresser talk

Newbie bra advice

(1/3) > >>

josephine262:
I am fairly new to this and having a bit of a challenge finding a properly fitting bra.  I am sure many here have had the same challenge and I hope some feedback could help me solve my problem.  When I take some measurements, I've used a bra calculator and the results come back as a 38A or 38B.  Seems like 38A bras are difficult to find, I did find one and bought two of them, but the cup is too big.  I then found some B cup bras where the cup fits fine but the band is too tight.  The best fitting bra I was able to find are girls bras that fit my natural A cup perfect, but the band is a bit on the tight side.  Not horrible uncomfortable but tight enough to leave some skin indentations when I remove it.  I do love how they fit, I just wish I could find a perfect bra with better fitting band and cup.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Not sure if it helps but I am 5'8, 160lbs and the measurement under my boobs is 38" and around my boobs it is about 40".  Thanks in advance!

Jessica_Rose:
Strictly based on a tape measure I should be wearing a 36D/36DD, however I like to breathe occasionally. Going up to a 38 C/D was much more comfortable. Cup sizes are NOT equal. The cup on a 36D is roughly equivalent to the cup on a 38C. A 38D from one brand may not fit the same as a 38D from a different brand. Trying them on is really the only way to find a good fit.

For bras that are a little too snug, find a bra extender. These work really well, but I'm not sure if they are made for front-closing bras. I've discovered that for long drives, front-closing bras are much more comfortable than the standard back-buckle bras.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Northern Star Girl:
josephine262
Dear Josephine:
Bras.... finding the correct size certainly can be a mystery and many times can only be
solved by actually trying them on as our member @Jessica_Rose  mentioned
in her previous reply comment.

As you are certainly now aware, every bra, even the same size, will fit your unique body differently. 
I am a  C-Cup and I have a variety of bra styles and sizes that fit me well.  36C  38B  38C
The manufacturer and the style of the bra brings a variable into the entire matter of size and fit.

Perhaps you already know this, but there are what are called bra Sister Sizes so
a 36C bra has the same size cup size as a 38B....
This is true for most all bra cup and band sizes.... see the "sister sizes" chart below:     
Go to this link for more information:  https://themelonbra.com/bra-sister-sizes/
.... here is the easy to follow chart toward the end of the above linked page.
                (Left Click Image to Enlarge)

You can also find Bra Band Extenders that will allow the 36 band to fit a 38 underbust and so on.
      ...I have found bra band extenders at Walmart... and many larger chain stores.

https://us.shein.com/Plus-Bra-Extender-Hook-Strap-6-pack-p-841640-cat-2356.html?url_from=adplaswbra04190906639one-size&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7uOio7mI7AIVex-tBh0aJg4vEAQYASABEgI-TPD_BwE
              (Left Click Image to Enlarge)

I hope that this information assists you in finding properly fitting bras.
Thank you for sharing and posting.
HUGS,
Danielle

Maid Marion:
Walmart has bra extenders in the sewing section of the store.
You can look up to see if the nearest store has it in stock.  They will also tell you what aisle to look for it.

CaelaNotKayla:

--- Quote from: Jessica_Rose on July 20, 2022, 09:29:43 am ---Strictly based on a tape measure I should be wearing a 36D/36DD, however I like to breathe occasionally. Going up to a 38 C/D was much more comfortable. Cup sizes are NOT equal. The cup on a 36D is roughly equivalent to the cup on a 38C. A 38D from one brand may not fit the same as a 38D from a different brand. Trying them on is really the only way to find a good fit.

For bras that are a little too snug, find a bra extender. These work really well, but I'm not sure if they are made for front-closing bras. I've discovered that for long drives, front-closing bras are much more comfortable than the standard back-buckle bras.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

--- End quote ---
Josephine-

I've found the exact same thing- two bras with the same sizing (sometimes even from the same brand!!) don't always fit the same (just like all women's clothing)- and it can be a challenge the first time you walk into the intimate section of your local department store.  Trying them on is always the best option.   Taking advantage of the store's bra fitting service (if you feel comfortable using it) can help to get measurements and advice from ladies who know their entire stock.  And when I do find something that works I tend to pick up a couple of them in different colors.

Hugs!!

Caela

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version