Community Conversation > Hormone replacement therapy

3 years on HRT and they still say Mr, Señor to me, should I give up?

(1/2) > >>

Babushka:
Hi, I'm new here. I hope you understand my English. I been very sad a while now. Almost 3 years now I been on HRT. I think this is a long time and I was hoping I should pass now without makeup and girl clothes. Yes, I still wearing my same old clothes and no makeup. Been scared to start and scared people laugh at me because I don't pass as a girl.
The last 6 months I got a lot of changes on body and face but still I get this Mr or señor from people in stores and restaurants for example. That makes me very sad.
3 years is a long time for HRT. Shouldn't i pass now without makeup?
My question is should I quite, is it a waste of time and money. I guess some won't pass, maybe I am one of them.
Or should I just start with makeup and change clothes and that will be better?
Please give me some advice.

Maid Marion:
There is more than looks to how people gender you.
How you walk is important.  It may help to learn how to walk in heels.  Even learning how to walk in 2 inch heels may be useful.

There is also mannerisms and social interactions.  Body language.  How your body responds in social interactions.

Marion

Jessica_Rose:
Hello @Babushka , welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I noticed this is your very first post at Susan's Place! We hope you will find this a safe and friendly place to share information and read about the experiences of others. Susan's Place can be an amazing resource for advice, support, and sympathetic friends. Please feel free to comment on posts, ask questions, or share parts of your life. Some of our members even create their own blogs to document their journeys.

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to introduce yourself and very briefly tell more members something about yourself!

We suggest that you read through our rules and other Terms of Service (TOS). Please review the links at the end of this message. The links include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features.  

Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to private messages, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me via email at Jessica_Rose@susans.org

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

Jessica
Global Moderator

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should readSite Terms of Service & Rules to Live ByStandard Terms & DefinitionsPost Ranks (including when you can upload an avatar)Cautionary NoteReputation rulesNews posting & quoting guidelinesPhoto, avatars, & signature images policyMembership Agreement

Jessica_Rose:
First, your English is fine. I've lived in the US all my life and sometimes I don't speak English very well either! People who can communicate in more than one language have my respect.

It sounds like you are having difficulty passing in close-up situations, which can be hard for all of us. Hormones can help quite a bit, but some of us (like me) may need additional help. Learning how to use make-up really helps, but there is more to passing than lipstick, blush, and mascara.

Facial hair can play a big role. Even if you shave twice a day, it can be easy to see a facial 'shadow' of hair. If you have dark facial hair and don't want to use make-up, hair removal is very important. Some people have good luck with facial hair removal using medical-grade lasers. If you have light-colored hair or if lasers are not effective on you, the only permanent solution is electrolysis.

Your voice is also very important. If your voice does not sound feminine, seek out a voice therapist or find some information on the internet about training your voice.

Hairstyle can also play a big factor. There are many hairstyles to choose from, but in many places women usually have longer hair than men. If I see someone with very short hair at a distance, I usually assume they are male.

Clothes can be extremely important. If I wore no makeup, male clothes, tied my hair back, and put on a baseball cap, I would probably be misgendered often. You may have heard the saying 'clothes make the man', well it goes both ways. Male clothing hides a more feminine body shape. Finding clothes which compliment your body and accentuate your curves is one of the most important things you can do.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Babushka:
Thanks for the reply. I have done a lot of work on my face. Remove my face hair with needle epilation. I went to Istanbul several times to do this. Once a month I do face treatment with dermaroller I bought from Istanbul. I have got very good results from the treatments and my skin is very soft and bright. This I done for almost 3 years now.
My body is very feminine and I got nice curves. I get a lot of looks from man and girls.
I don't look like my passport picture anymore. My face have changed a lot. But I was hoping to pass without makeup. But maybe this is to much to hope for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version