Site News and Information > Introductions

Hello im Luna

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gigi Cooper:
Hello Luna and welcome to the forums.
Coming out to loved ones can be a huge relief. How they handle it might surprise you. I presented as anti gay/Transphobia man most of my life as a defense mechanism to hide my true self as a trans woman. I never came out to my parents about being trans instead waited till they passed away. I did however have a dream the other night where I was was walking with my Dad the night before my GRS surgery and he said he was so proud of me for finally doing it. I woke up feeling as if I had actually talked to him.  One thing we must always do is live our lives and be true to ourselves and not let others control how we live or perceive how they want us to live. Most parents only want what makes their kids happy.
Being trans is not something we choose to be but something we are born with. Counseling helped me deal when I couldn't tell anyone my secrete and having a therapist who I could confide in helped immensely, might help you if you haven't already looked into it. Many therapist and endo's have months of waiting lists so be patient. I am still waiting for my appointment to start HRT.
Keep us informed on your progress. You have friends here if you need to talk or unload.
Love Gigi

Maid Marion:
I had a toxic family so I moved away from home many time zones away.
Twenty years later I had a co-worker who also had a toxic family.  His mom and sisters would routinely gaslight him.

It helps if you can do what is necessary to move away from a bad situation.
It may take some time and effort to do that, but sometimes moving away to a better place is the best solution.

Marion

tgirlamg:

--- Quote from: Margrit on July 31, 2022, 06:06:29 am ---Hi Ashley

You expressed it wonderfully .
-uplifting and motivating-
I am absolutely agree with you  :)

It was nice to read your post and I appreciate it.

Best wishes
Margrit

--- End quote ---

@Margrit

Awww!… Thank you so much for the sweet words sister!!! 💕

Hugs!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

tgirlamg:

--- Quote from: Gigi Cooper on July 31, 2022, 08:25:35 am ---Hello Luna and welcome to the forums.
Coming out to loved ones can be a huge relief. How they handle it might surprise you. I presented as anti gay/Transphobia man most of my life as a defense mechanism to hide my true self as a trans woman. I never came out to my parents about being trans instead waited till they passed away. I did however have a dream the other night where I was was walking with my Dad the night before my GRS surgery and he said he was so proud of me for finally doing it. I woke up feeling as if I had actually talked to him.  One thing we must always do is live our lives and be true to ourselves and not let others control how we live or perceive how they want us to live. Most parents only want what makes their kids happy.
Being trans is not something we choose to be but something we are born with. Counseling helped me deal when I couldn't tell anyone my secrete and having a therapist who I could confide in helped immensely, might help you if you haven't already looked into it. Many therapist and endo's have months of waiting lists so be patient. I am still waiting for my appointment to start HRT.
Keep us informed on your progress. You have friends here if you need to talk or unload.
Love Gigi

--- End quote ---

@Gigi Cooper

A very nice post Gigi!!! … I have seen so many over the years who have agonized and put themselves through so very much around the issue of “coming out” to friends and family… It is so easy for many to become paralyzed with the fear of the reaction they feel they may receive 🌻

There are always some truths that are wise to keep close at hand when the voice of fear seeks to be the dominant voice in the future scenarios we envision… One truth is that our worst fears seldom come to pass… the process may be bumpy but, as with all things, equilibrium returns and things eventually settle in a manner that works best for all 🌻

Many times we can be pleasantly surprised with the reaction we get right off the bat… in other cases, a negative first reaction can be thrown up as something of a defense mechanism as others sometimes feel overwhelmed with the thought of remaking the way in which they have always viewed us… In time, after they have a chance to digest things… the negativity can slip away and a new, even closer relationship is forged because now, at long last, they are finally connecting with us at a new and deeper level 🌻

I have often described that announcing to the people in your life, that you are going to transition… is a bit like announcing that you are going to go climb Mt Everest…

Some in your life will not understand and will think you are crazy for wanting to do this… that is okay… Perhaps, in the passage of time… they will understand… Others in your life will think the climb is an awesome idea and will want to go along with you… and… the part that many don’t see at first, is that along the way… new faces will appear along your journey… new people to love and be loved by… these new faces will know only the brave climber… having never met the person you were at the foot of the mountain… When you arrive at the top… You will look out and see the world in new ways and, through new eyes… You will see that transition, and what you saw before as a huge mountain… was really just a stepping stone towards all the amazing things yet to be 🌻

May All Your Journeys Be Blessed!

Onward We Go Brave Sisters!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Gigi Cooper:
Ashley,
Thank you for the kind words.
 Hugs Gigi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version