Author Topic: I want to transition MtF but I’m physically quite big  (Read 2224 times)

Online Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
Re: I want to transition MtF but I’m physically quite big
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 01:42:14 am »
I am 6'6" (198cm) and even as a man that height gets noticed. As a woman, there is no way people won't turn heads when they see me. I am not sure if they turn heads because they see a super tall woman or they read me as trans. I'd like to think it is the former, but in reality as a pre-HRT trans person, it is probably the later or a combination of both.

In either case, there is nothing I can do about my height, so I'll just own it, show confidence and get used to people turning their heads, as long as you tell yourself its because you are awesome, you'll be fine.

Hugs,

Heidemarie

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2022, 06:20:55 pm »
Hi, I transitioned at age 49. Then I was 6'3". I am 6"1' now. I weigh 185 presently (5 pounds must come off). I was a size 13 foot and now am a size 12 woman's.

I am gendered female in person and on the phone 100% female. I pass at sex parties. I went to Dr. McGinn and I have been voted best looking and feeling vagina at parties. I am there with trans and cis woman. I once had a woman inspect my vagina at a party and tell me she wished that hers looked like mine.

This Saturday three of my girlfriends and I are making a party happen in South Jersey this weekend. From hating my body to wanting to wear my new blue dress Saturday. I guess some lipstick and eye make-up to :)

You have many options when you transition. I know a lot of trans woman and the needs and goals change with experiencing life in transition.

I am ploy and pan. I have a lot of friends and we go to parties and have a lot of fun in our community.

Rachel Lynn

MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 07:06:19 pm »
As the title says, I want to transition MtF but I’m physically quite big, I don’t mean body fat percentage big, I mean I’m 6”2, size 12 shoe, and have a big physique, I’d be a good fit in a football team for example. I do have some body fat, however I am trying to lose that, but even when I do, I don’t think that it will change much.

Part of transitioning for me is to ‘pass’ and I know everyone comes in different shapes and sizes, but it’s not quite what I’d want, is there much chance of anything changing physically about me if I start HRT, I get it won’t he miracles but any sort of change? I’ve looked into things like ‘Body Feminisation Surgery’ which makes your body shape more feminine, but say for example my shoulders, they’re not wide for a male, but they are for female, if that makes sense.

Thanks!

I know everybody’s mileage may vary. But I was 6-2 when I started and now I am 5-10. I knew I was shorter because of where I was when next to my wife but I had my endo measure me and it blew my mind that I am 4 inches shorter. My feet have stayed the same. Size 10 male and size 11 ladies doc martens and size 12 other women’s brand shoes. I am a mid range C-Cup. No hips yet but will be working on it. I’ve lost 60 lbs. was 80 then only 50 now going in the right direction again. Can’t wait till I lose 50 more. And one of the coolest things is having no hair on my body without electrolosis. Except for the face. Working slowly up the neck with the epilator. Still have not experimented with make up or wigs. I don’t want to be disappointed, But I may surprise myself. I am starting to see her more and more in the mirror. I’ll know when the time is right.

Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 08:13:14 pm »
I have to wonder if losing that much height is healthy. Usually we see that in folks with osteoporosis.
"No, her mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
She knows changes aren't permanent
But change is"

Neil Peart

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 08:37:32 pm »
I have to wonder if losing that much height is healthy. Usually we see that in folks with osteoporosis.

Lol. That’s not happening with me. I have fallen hard at least 3 maybe 4 times this year. All I was surprised I did not break something. All stupid my fault. Left a cord out. Tripped over a carpet that I knew was raising up on the end and just too lazy to fix. And the best one. Tripping over an empty box that sent me flying. And my posture is pretty good. And I am sure if my back was that bad it would have shown in the X-rays and MRIs I have had. I do have a couple bulging discs. 

Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2022, 12:10:01 pm »
Lol. That’s not happening with me. I have fallen hard at least 3 maybe 4 times this year. All I was surprised I did not break something. All stupid my fault. Left a cord out. Tripped over a carpet that I knew was raising up on the end and just too lazy to fix. And the best one. Tripping over an empty box that sent me flying. And my posture is pretty good. And I am sure if my back was that bad it would have shown in the X-rays and MRIs I have had. I do have a couple bulging discs.
Then where is the loss in height from? Loss in muscle mass wouldn't do this.
To any god or government
But change is"

Neil Peart

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2022, 12:37:47 pm »
From what I understand it is normal to lose 1 to 3 inches because of the change of the curvature of the spine. 4 inches may not be as abnormal as you think. That is the reason MtFs lose height.

Offline Gigi Cooper

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2022, 06:28:11 am »
To expect your height to shrink with HRT might be a little unrealistic, though everyone's body reacts differently.
     Muscles on the skeleton can be changed giving the body a vastly different shape. I remember my father through life, a broad shouldered (football player type) with large arms from working construction his whole life, go down to a narrow almost petite frame when he passed in his 80's.
     I am preparing to go on HRT by loosing weight and already lost at least 2" or more on my wide shoulders and now down a shirt size. Waist down 3". Went from 215lb to now 190lb Looking to loose more and get down to closer to 160. Faster weight loss tends to pull weight from muscle more than fat reserves though losing to quickly is not recommended. I've been doing about 5lb a week. Even small fasting or skipping a meal or 2 is good as long as you don't take it to the extreme. Lots of water helps make you feel full without eating.
                      I feel like the witch in the wizard of oz.. I'm melting, melting...   

Hugs Gigi
Say what you mean,
mean what you say
and don't be mean when you say it.

Be honest to yourself and others.

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2022, 06:50:22 am »
Then where is the loss in height from? Loss in muscle mass wouldn't do this.

The condition is called Lordosis, which is a normal process which happens to most women, and an undefined percentage of trans women (somewhere around half) on feminising doses of estrogen. The tension in the tendons which position the hip change and allow the hip to tilt forward, thus increasing the curvature of the spine, and shortening the overall length, typically 2 inches (5 cm) but this tends to vary. It is poorly understood by most doctors, and often mixed up with the condition HyperLordosis where the tilt is excessive or uneven and causes back and hip pain. This can be treated by physiotherapy, but Lordosis needs no treatment, just understanding!

I lost 1 1/2 inches, and my doctors could not explain why, but I found an osteopath who knew about it. I did have a little pain in my tendons for a while, and I found that with regular exercise which strengthens back muscles, Lordosis will reverse bit, and when i was walking 10 k's per day, I recovered 1/2 an inch, much to the confusion of the doctors measuring me.

Hugs,

Allie

1958 Knew I should be a girl
1961 Told my mother I was a girl
1976 told my fiance I was trans
1999 told my 2nd wife to be I was trans
2000 began being me at home
2018 Dysphoria made me seriously sick
2019 started HRT, not sick any more!
        Started electrolysis
2020 Full time, legally Me!
2021 Labiaplasty
        Divorced again and on my own

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2022, 10:28:07 am »
To expect your height to shrink with HRT might be a little unrealistic, though everyone's body reacts differently.
     Muscles on the skeleton can be changed giving the body a vastly different shape. I remember my father through life, a broad shouldered (football player type) with large arms from working construction his whole life, go down to a narrow almost petite frame when he passed in his 80's.
     I am preparing to go on HRT by loosing weight and already lost at least 2" or more on my wide shoulders and now down a shirt size. Waist down 3". Went from 215lb to now 190lb Looking to loose more and get down to closer to 160. Faster weight loss tends to pull weight from muscle more than fat reserves though losing to quickly is not recommended. I've been doing about 5lb a week. Even small fasting or skipping a meal or 2 is good as long as you don't take it to the extreme. Lots of water helps make you feel full without eating.

Hugs Gigi

Lower T and weight loss will pear off muscle mass. I've lost about 20lbs of muscle from my peak. I was around 210 LBM and now I am probably around 190 LBM. I've lost about 1.5" since I was 20, 60 now. I was 6'5.5, now a little over 6'4. I have titanium in neck and L4-5 too. Lots of disk issues.
To any god or government
But change is"

Neil Peart

Online TXSara

• Family
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2022, 01:08:55 pm »
The condition is called Lordosis, which is a normal process which happens to most women, and an undefined percentage of trans women (somewhere around half) on feminising doses of estrogen. The tension in the tendons which position the hip change and allow the hip to tilt forward, thus increasing the curvature of the spine, and shortening the overall length, typically 2 inches (5 cm) but this tends to vary. It is poorly understood by most doctors, and often mixed up with the condition HyperLordosis where the tilt is excessive or uneven and causes back and hip pain. This can be treated by physiotherapy, but Lordosis needs no treatment, just understanding!

That is really interesting, Allie!  I'll have to look this up.  I had absolutely no idea that was something I could look forward to (maybe).  5'5", here I come! LOL

~Sara

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2022, 01:52:22 pm »

Hugs Gigi

Everything regarding HRT is YMMV, so you are right to say that expecting height loss would be a mistake. But I've been on this site for well over a decade, and have seen many, many women say that they have lost height, and I have no reason to doubt those reports.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline Gigi Cooper

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2022, 06:05:52 am »
Lordoris, Thanks for setting me straight Allie. I had never heard of this. I look forward to loosing some height as well.
Hugs Gigi
Say what you mean,
mean what you say
and don't be mean when you say it.

Be honest to yourself and others.

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2022, 06:14:28 am »
Lordoris, Thanks for setting me straight Allie. I had never heard of this. I look forward to loosing some height as well.
Hugs Gigi

Gigi, it's Lordosis when you google it! Wiki has a good description, including a mention of trans people! Good luck with being one of the peole who get shorter!

Hugs,

Allie
1958 Knew I should be a girl
1961 Told my mother I was a girl
1976 told my fiance I was trans
1999 told my 2nd wife to be I was trans
2000 began being me at home
2018 Dysphoria made me seriously sick
2019 started HRT, not sick any more!
        Started electrolysis
2020 Full time, legally Me!
2021 Labiaplasty
        Divorced again and on my own

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2022, 08:34:40 pm »
I'm 6'5" barefoot, and when I'm wearing shoes/boots that goes up to 6'7".  So when I fully transition I will be a really tall woman.  Of course, I'm also be one with large feet, since right now I wear a men's size 17EE, and I haven't seen any places that sell women's 19 shoes.  I may have to get my shoes custom made.

Offline JustKate

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2022, 04:40:35 am »
Whilst I'm not as tall as some folk have mentioned (I'm 5'10" having seemingly gained an inch on HRT) I have the body of a Rugby forward...a male Rugby forward.

I don't know what the equivalent would be in other sports but I'm big and broad.

I've had no issues although I will be fair and say two things.

1. It's taken me a long time to get where I am with mannerisms, voice and general appearance so my size doesn't seem like a big deal to folk and they treat me as a woman.

2. HRT has made me pile on the weight. A lack of fat burning T has made me gain maybe 15-20KG in the last few years despite cutting back on food and things.

What I'm trying to say is, some women are big. That's all there is to it :)

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2022, 04:55:22 am »
Whilst I'm not as tall as some folk have mentioned (I'm 5'10" having seemingly gained an inch on HRT) I have the body of a Rugby forward...a male Rugby forward.

I don't know what the equivalent would be in other sports but I'm big and broad.

I've had no issues although I will be fair and say two things.

1. It's taken me a long time to get where I am with mannerisms, voice and general appearance so my size doesn't seem like a big deal to folk and they treat me as a woman.

2. HRT has made me pile on the weight. A lack of fat burning T has made me gain maybe 15-20KG in the last few years despite cutting back on food and things.

What I'm trying to say is, some women are big. That's all there is to it :)

+1 for that!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline Barri

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2022, 07:00:14 am »
6'8" here, to visualize my height...just look at a doorway in your home, that's how tall I am.
I'm broad shouldered enough to mostly fill that doorway side to side as well.
I average 250-260 lbs
Though I'm not ever going to pass as female, I'm still planning on maintaining my hormonal female levels for the rest of my life.
I'm always going to be me, I suggest you be you as best you're able.
Born 1963
Knew I should be female 1972
Grew 18" in single year 1978
Resigned to self that I never will pass regardless, and will always and forever just be seen as a giant dude, but will pursue femme self ID anyway.
started HRT 2002 DIY
Prescribed legitimately 2012
Just going to be me.

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2022, 08:34:51 am »
6'8" here, to visualize my height...just look at a doorway in your home, that's how tall I am.
I'm broad shouldered enough to mostly fill that doorway side to side as well.
I average 250-260 lbs
Though I'm not ever going to pass as female, I'm still planning on maintaining my hormonal female levels for the rest of my life.
I'm always going to be me, I suggest you be you as best you're able.

18" in a year? Wow. I grew 5" over a summer and I though that was a lot. There is a tall woman on Instagram, BlissfullEllie. She's 6'5, but skinny as a stick. There's also a tall women's organization. The Tall Society. THere's also the tall club international. I think thin would help. At one point I got down to 208(I'm 6'5) and I was a size 14/16 bottom, 18 top. It made a big difference in look, but difficult to maintain.
To any god or government
But change is"

Neil Peart

Offline Barri

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2022, 09:23:44 pm »
18" in a year? Wow. I grew 5" over a summer and I though that was a lot. There is a tall woman on Instagram, BlissfullEllie. She's 6'5, but skinny as a stick. There's also a tall women's organization. The Tall Society. THere's also the tall club international. I think thin would help. At one point I got down to 208(I'm 6'5) and I was a size 14/16 bottom, 18 top. It made a big difference in look, but difficult to maintain.

Yeah, back then they told me the "growing pains" would go away...40+ years and still waiting...still get asked the basketball question nearly daily, but even if I'd ever been interested in any sports, no way to play when your joints have been stretched loose that much by bones growing faster than tendons can restrain...(lots of casts for 3 years)
I never could pass as female so, I gave that pipe dream up years ago. I have been to several tall club things...not my bag.
Born 1963
Knew I should be female 1972
Grew 18" in single year 1978
Resigned to self that I never will pass regardless, and will always and forever just be seen as a giant dude, but will pursue femme self ID anyway.
started HRT 2002 DIY
Prescribed legitimately 2012
Just going to be me.

Tags: