Author Topic: Do you enjoy eating mashed potatoes?  (Read 494 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you enjoy eating mashed potatoes?
« on: August 10, 2022, 09:14:46 pm »

Adding garlic makes for a nice taste too.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Do you enjoy eating mashed potatoes?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 09:19:54 pm »
Mashed Potatoes served with gravy (lots of gravy) is on my comfort food list.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 09:21:30 pm »
Mashed potatoes served with gravy (lots of gravy) is on my comfort food list.

I like to eat turkey Manhattans and beef Manhattans, with lots of gravy.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 09:26:35 pm »
I like to eat turkey Manhattans and beef Manhattans, with lots of gravy.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I will usually make my version of a Beef Manhattan with Hamburger, and yes, lots of Gravy.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 09:28:19 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I will usually make my version of a Beef Manhattan with Hamburger, and yes, lots of Gravy.
Danielle

I have been favoring turkey; but, for a beef Manhattan I will use sliced roast beef.

Chrissy

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 10:01:57 pm »
Sometimes, but real mashed potatoes. Sometimes I do garlic MP. Wasabi is interesting too. I don't mind a little stiff or chunky either.
"No, her mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
She knows changes aren't permanent
But change is"

Neil Peart

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 10:04:14 pm »

I have been favoring turkey; but, for a beef Manhattan I will use sliced roast beef.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I like to keep it simple and fast....
I fry up hamburger meat with chopped onion and some other spices, make a nice beef gravy and then smother my mashed potatoes.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline big kim

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 01:57:19 am »
I love them with sausages & gravy despite having them for months when I had a brace. Sometimes put cheese in the mash.
I also like them with eel & liquour, I always have that everytime I am in London though 2 of my favourite eel pie & mash shops are gone now. Roys of Dagenham & Nathans, round the cornr from the old West Ham FC ground

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 03:03:56 am »
Bacon, runner beans and mash with brown sauce mmmmmmm
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Rakel

• rah KEL
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 05:21:55 am »
Sorry, but creamy mashed potatoes are not my favorite. Just a little too bland for me regardless of what you put over it.

I prefer smashed. I like a few lumps in the mix and often I will add a second vegetable in the smashed mix. Sweet potatoes and zucchini make an interesting combination. Instead of gravy, I put a little salsa or guacamole on top.

Never heard of this? Neither have I. A few years ago, I was a little hungry and I was looking around my home for something to make and I came up with this. Quick and easy to make. Tasty and definitely different.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Traci M Knight

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 09:25:09 am »
Oh yes, fresh made or even the package mix. Got to have garlic. Muah!
Traci Melissa Knight

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 08:03:54 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I like to keep it simple and fast....
I fry up hamburger meat with chopped onion and some other spices, make a nice beef gravy and then smother my mashed potatoes.
Danielle

Daniele,

I just go to the super and buy the roast beef at the deli.  That is pretty simple and the potatoes and gravy and  bread is easy peasy.

Many super tasty Manhattans are wished for you too!

Chrissy

Online ImAllie

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2022, 12:28:57 pm »
I will share with you all my secret to making creamy mashed potatoes - and by this I mean the creamy “mouth feel” … not necessarily lumpy or not, that’s easily done with a ricer and/or forcing through a strainer.

But if you’ve ever had mashed potatoes that eat sort of gluey? And you keep adding milk/cream and they’re still pasty? It’s because the starch is seizing up.

Two keys:

1. Always rinse your potatoes before you boil them. That will get a lot of the starch out of the water.

2. While the potatoes are cooking, in a second pan warm your milk or cream (I prefer heavy cream) and butter in a pan.  So that way you ONLY add WARM liquid to your hot potatoes.  Cold liquid will cause the starch to seize and become gluey… and the only thing people can do to prevent is to flood them with way too much liquid until they’re basically running potatoes. 

But if you use warm butter and cream, they’ll come out great every time.

Love,
Allie

(P.S - ok a 3rd little tip - a small splash of EVOO stirred in IMMEDIATELY before serving also is a nice touch in terms of texture)

Offline Kalandrina

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2022, 12:42:14 pm »
Love my mashed potatoes.

Fav options are to make with cream and add some wholegrain mustard :) or add in a spoon of Truffle powder.
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive
It's my life

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2022, 12:53:58 pm »
I'm not entirely sure there is a bad way to do any potatoes, let alone mashed. Everything from mashed potatoe sandwiches to mashed potatoe pancakes. I seriously can't think of a time in my life that I have ever gotten up from the table thinking that those potatoes weren't very good. If anything, I get up thinking that there weren't enough potatoes.

Allison
I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender.

If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.

Be tougher on yourself than anyone else is, love yourself more than anyone else does, and if there is something you don't want to do at all, best if you do it right now.

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2022, 04:06:52 pm »

Adding garlic makes for a nice taste too.

Chrissy

Yes!! With extra thick Yorkshire gravy and chorizo sausages. That is like comfort food to the max.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2022, 08:03:52 am »
Yes!! With extra thick Yorkshire gravy and chorizo sausages. That is like comfort food to the max.

Not sure if I ever have had those types of pork sausages.  I doubt it, or I just did not know I had them.

Chrissy

Tags: