Author Topic: At what point did your GD subside/go away  (Read 463 times)

Offline Gigi Cooper

At what point did your GD subside/go away
« on: August 14, 2022, 08:53:13 am »
At what point during your transition did your Gender Dysphoria go away and you just go about living without thinking about it.
I get up thinking about being a woman full time and think about it all day long. I look in the mirror and think if my nose was smaller, my chin less square, bigger breasts, etc., I could pass better. No matter what I'm doing the feelings are always there.
At what point during your transition did these feeling begin to abate and do they ever totally go away?
Still living mostly stealth mode but hopping to be starting HRT in a few weeks.
Gigi
Say what you mean,
mean what you say
and don't be mean when you say it.

Be honest to yourself and others.

Offline TXSara

• Family
Re: At what point did your GD subside/go away
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 09:41:00 am »
At what point during your transition did your Gender Dysphoria go away and you just go about living without thinking about it.

Hmmm...

I think this just is how my brain works, but I don't allow myself to dwell on it very much.  The dysphoria is always there, but I refuse to allow it to be a negative influence in my life.  Instead, I use it as a motivator to do the things that will allow my reality to come as close as possible to the world I would like to live in.

Obviously, there are things that I cannot control -- for everything else, there is GD-fueled motivation.  Things may not always work out as well as I would like, but I'll never have to look back on my life and say that I didn't give it my all.  That helps the dysphoria a LOT.

~Sara

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 10:03:52 am »
I am fully aware of the unrealistic expectations our society has on females.
Taylor Swift, a wealth and gorgeous singer, has publicly stated that the demands on how she should look were simply impossible.

I've always been able to look in the mirror without dysphoria but have made changes to improve how I look.
I had  bunch of dental surgeries to replace all my missing teeth.

I have a balance beam scale next to the dining room table so I constantly know exactly what I weigh.
My waist to hips ratio is now the best it has ever been.  24 inch waist and 34 inch hips.

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 10:42:28 am »
Gender dysphoria has not gone away.  I realize it is there, sometimes very strongly present. 

But I cope with it and I can cope with it better than ever.   That does not make me superior in any way to others than have a much more difficult time with their gender dysphoria.  This simply means I have adapted and can tolerate it.  It is a struggle.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 10:55:02 am »
Hi Gigi Cooper

For me it was exactly in the minute I woke up from GCS and the surgeon said to me „it went well and all looks good“. Precisely in that moment my dysphoria was completely gone and the dysphoria never returned.
I felt so much calm, peace, relief, love, holistically and complete the human I am.

Best wishes
Margrit 
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 02:38:43 pm »
About five months ago. I finally looked in the mirror and saw myself, not the person I used to be. About five years after starting HRT, and about one year after my last surgery. I'm a slow learner, but it was worth the wait.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline Rakel

• rah KEL
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 03:41:58 pm »
Like Margrit, the moment I woke up from my GCS, my gender dysphoria was gone and never returned. This gave me the freedom to pursue all the other things I needed to do to fully become who I am today. Everybody has their own priorities and for me genital surgery was my number one priority.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 04:42:00 pm »
Gender Dysphoria is that negative feeling we get when our self perception and gender identity don’t match. We each have different perceptions of our selves, and therefore different priorities and triggers. At different times in our lives, dysphoria will be strongest and weakest. I believe all trans people experience gender dysphoria, but many never realise what it is.

Like many others, I experienced a significant reduction in dysphoria after GCS, but it certainly has not gone! I still have sufficient incongruence to continue the agony of electrolysis, to commit to breast surgery, and to avoid having my picture taken. I know I will never completely rid myself of dysphoria, but I have already got it down to levels where it no longer affects my health.

Hugs,

Allie
1958 Knew I should be a girl
1961 Told my mother I was a girl
1976 told my fiance I was trans
1999 told my 2nd wife to be I was trans
2000 began being me at home
2018 Dysphoria made me seriously sick
2019 started HRT, not sick any more!
        Started electrolysis
2020 Full time, legally Me!
2021 Labiaplasty
        Divorced again and on my own

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 05:12:49 pm »
Like others, pretty soon after GCS. But FFS and voice surgery, both of which happened prior to GCS, helped a lot because I could pass real well after those procedures.

Sarah
----
50 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 09:29:35 am »
For me it was post op.. once healing was out of the way, gender dysphoria was replaced with gender euphoria..
and whilst it is now getting all 'normal' and life continues apace. That horrible feeling of GD has not returned and I doubt it ever will.
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Tags: