Author Topic: This is sort of off topic. I just need to vent.  (Read 258 times)

Offline Angélique LaCava

This is sort of off topic. I just need to vent.
« on: November 24, 2022, 08:42:49 pm »
Ok, me and my husband bought a brand new mobile home at a mobile home community. I was told by the property manager that the home was ready to go and live in, but yesterday when the water was turned on the water pump didn't have a cap and water shot up and out of the pipe and her handy men turned it off. Today, the property manager told me to turn it on and make sure there are no leaks. I turned it on and went inside and there was water all over the kitchen because the hot water heater wasn't properly closed, so water shot out the front of it. I know I have water damage because it went into and out the other side of the walls. The guest bathroom sink, tub, and toilet doesn't drain.Would y'all consider that home as she said  "complete"?

I feel scared to even live there because I don't know what else is wrong. It's obvious the water heater was installed poorly.

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: This is sort of off topic. I just need to vent.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 07:48:26 am »
That's awful! Hopefully the property manager will cover all of the repairs and any losses caused by the repair crew. It sounds like they are somewhat incompetent, or possibly just did a rush job and didn't make sure everything was set up properly. There definitely should have been a checklist involved, and a home inspection to make sure everything was working. I hope they are able to get everything taken care of soon. Good luck!

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 08:07:50 am »
Ok, me and my husband bought a brand new mobile home at a mobile home community. I was told by the property manager that the home was ready to go and live in, but yesterday when the water was turned on the water pump didn't have a cap and water shot up and out of the pipe and her handy men turned it off. Today, the property manager told me to turn it on and make sure there are no leaks. I turned it on and went inside and there was water all over the kitchen because the hot water heater wasn't properly closed, so water shot out the front of it. I know I have water damage because it went into and out the other side of the walls. The guest bathroom sink, tub, and toilet doesn't drain.Would y'all consider that home as she said  "complete"?

I feel scared to even live there because I don't know what else is wrong. It's obvious the water heater was installed poorly.

I can understand your disappointment!
There should have been a thorough set of checks made by them before you took possession.
Obviously that inspection was not as complete as it should have been.

I hope that all damage is quickly repaired.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 09:01:46 am »
Yikes! Sorry the leaks are raining on your parade.

However, welcome to home ownership. What you experienced is something you will experience again and again, more or less. SNAFU (situation NORMAL all fudged up) is the operative acronym in home ownership.

For example, my last home was new built. The roof leaked in five places. I had the garage doors on my new home replaced last summer. I repaired them twice this summer.

I could literally give you dozens more examples, but my story is every homeowner's story. Focus on the positives. Fix the negatives and know you're not alone.

P. S. - Due to various SNAFUs, it took me a year to get a first floor toilet installed on my current home, but oh, am I happy it's here now!

Offline Angélique LaCava

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 04:41:24 pm »
Today i went and looked at thr place with the property manager and her handymen and they looked at everything to make sure everything is fine. Thankfully all the water marks dried and you wouldn't know there was a leak if you wasn't there when it happened. Me and my husband got lucky.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 05:00:20 pm »
Hi Angelique,

Good to hear the leaks were fixed!

Enjoy your new home!

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 05:33:51 pm »
Today i went and looked at thr place with the property manager and her handymen and they looked at everything to make sure everything is fine. Thankfully all the water marks dried and you wouldn't know there was a leak if you wasn't there when it happened. Me and my husband got lucky.

I am SO happy for this positive outcome for the two of you!

Hugs,

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 05:47:00 pm »
Water leaking from the walls happened to me when I rented that apartment for a year. There were doing remodeling across the whole complex. Plenty of nails being driven through walls causing leaks in multiple apartments. Because of this I never got my deposit back since they probably used it on repairs from the damage they caused. I got favor to get out of the lease without giving notice. This could cause problems for employee that wrote up my release with the 90 day notice to keep me from staying in the apartment longer. I did not push getting my deposit back since I did not want to get both her and me in trouble. I quietly got out of there without making a fuss. It was favor of God. I been stuck with no way to pay. My parents retired and could not keep paying the rent. It would have ruined my credit. I am glad you have no further trouble.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2022, 10:15:43 pm »
@Angélique LaCava
Dear Angélique:
I am so very glad to read that there was minimal damage from the water leak....
.... yes indeed, you and your husband were very fortunate....
NOW,.... enjoy your new home.... and do the things that you want to do to make it "your" home!!!!

Again, I am very glad and happy for you... thank you for your update.
HUGS,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Tags: