Author Topic: Utah State Senator Stands Up for Trans Intern in Gender-Affirming Care Debate  (Read 85 times)

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
   Utah State Senator Stands Up for Trans Intern in Gender-Affirming Care Debate

The ADVOCATE
   https://www.advocate.com/politics/utah-state-senator-transgender-intern

By Trudy Ring
January 24 2023 4:53 PM EST

EXCERPTS Below:  (Click NEWS Link above to view entire story)
A Utah state senator stood up for his transgender intern as the Senate debated a ban on gender-affirming care for minors.

Sen. Nate Blouin (pictured), a Salt Lake City Democrat, read a statement from the intern, Ari Webb, during last week’s discussion of Senate Bill 16.

“Even before SB 16 has passed the Senate, this bill has already negatively impacted my health and well-being and is causing adverse effects on Utah’s trans community,” the statement began. “It is a reminder of the fact that even after being able to transition and to fit in with the rest of society that people like me are not accepted by the majority of this body.

“I will have to face each of you on this floor after this vote, and each of you will have to face me and many other transgender people after today, whether you know it or not. I hope that should someone else disclose their transgender identity to you, it’s because they’re comfortable with you and not because they are pleading with you to recognize their humanity. I hope you can face these people with a clear conscience that you did the right thing today.”

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Tags: