Activism and Politics > Politics

Well said.

<< < (7/7)

jan c:

--- Quote from: HelenW on April 21, 2006, 04:01:18 pm ---Food should not hurt.

helen

--- End quote ---
you would hate my cooking then. HOT sauce rules OK!

(that said, I voted precisely once in a presidential election, a Nook-you-ler physicist, one James Carter, ran against a B-movie actor, one Ronnie Raygun. {Zap!} I did not see as much diff between EG: Tipper's hubby and Georgie Porgie 2, and next stolen election time, Kerry wanted so much to prove he was macho and behind the 'war on terror' - besides which, in CA, the electoral college going 'D' is a foregone conclusion - I could not make the leap even symbolically... and I think Nelson Rockefeller would have made a better president than any one of these candidates)

Alexandra:
Posted at: April 25, 2006, 12:04:06 AM[/size]
--- Quote from: HelenW on April 21, 2006, 04:01:18 pm ---Try reading it as a metaphor for the sameness of the two parties.

--- End quote ---

surely you're jesting here. Can you list five major national issues where the views held are the "same" in both parties?

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Posted at: April 25, 2006, 12:06:55 AM
--- Quote from: jan c on April 22, 2006, 11:25:48 am ---I voted precisely once in a presidential election . . .

--- End quote ---

I'm not quite sure of the point you are trying to make by making this comment. The race for president of the United States starts at the state level with primaries and ground work at the local level. Did you vote in any primary election? Did you partipicate in any local campaign to get a canidate's run for office off the ground?  Every primary and national election is determined by the free will of the voters. Are you suggesting this be changed and people refrain from voting?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version