Site News and Information > Community alerts

USA Today

(1/2) > >>

Leigh:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/jobcenter/workplace/2005-06-09-transgender-usat_x.htm

Transgender employees see changes in colleagues, too
By Stephanie Armour, USA TODAY
David Rosen was one of the guys at work, a married father and a former wrestler who joined in the office football pool and joked with colleagues who'd swing by for the peanut M&Ms he always kept in a jar on his desk.

Then he became Donna Rose, and things changed. When he started to become a she — a process of changing gender with hormone treatment, electrolysis, breast augmentation, facial cosmetic surgery and sex-reassignment surgery — co-workers at his pharmacy benefits company walked by to gawk. Then they stayed away.

4years:
Thank you Leigh that was quite interesting.
It is nice to see some of the big named companies playing fair.

beth_finallyme:
Thanks Leigh,

I read this article in USA today, it is excellent especially because it is in a mainstream paper. the article was on the cover of the business section with large pictures, and continued on the next page as their "cover story".

I believe that we should support those corporations that support us. I wish i had a complete list of the 60 companies in the fortune 500 that have TG non discrimination policies. I will only buy Chevron gas from now on, there is no BP in this area. I believe that we should all make our choices of what companies to support by those that support us. I guess it is my background in motorsports that taught me what a powerful tool this is. Maybe we should start a thread, or have a wiki section for those companies that are gender friendly. Everyone could list companies they know about. We might have a section for those companies and institutions that are reported to have fired someone legally or not because of gender differences. I would never spend money with those companies. Our voices are small individually but we can roar together.

beth

Leigh:
Use this to search for employers and their policies.

http://www.hrc.org/Template.cfm?Section=Search_the_Database&Template=/CustomSource/WorkNet/srch.cfm&searchtypeid=1&searchSubTypeID=1

Sandi:
Donna Rose also has a great website though I have referred to it here at Susan's before in the past.

Sandi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version