Author Topic: Getting Clocked:  (Read 2440 times)

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
Re: Getting Cloccked:
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 10:27:46 pm »
Hey Barbie,

You look like you are in front of La Bonbonera, "The Candy Bowl" soccer stadium for the La Boca soccer team in the La Boca district of Buenos Aires.  I have had dinner just around the corner from there, and I also lived in Buenos Aires for over 10 years.  A wonderful place.  You see those men looking at you?  They are not only working class but alsothey and no one else sees women there in the streets in any kind of shorts!  I really like your look there.  Thanks for bring back great memories.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Gabrielageo

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 07:39:26 pm »
yeah, that's another issue, In NY I'd sometimes wear the stuff you're just wearing at the market, but I'm in Bogota, fairly safe but still, don't wanna push the envelope; mostly because I tend to go out at night rather than during the day, things change drastically here after business closing

In South American cities, I tend to care about security, and do not wear high heels. I wear flat sandals or athletic shoes for running away at any time.

@Buenos Aires

barbie~~

Offline Gabrielageo

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 07:46:55 pm »
Right, that's the other thing, I was amazed when my wife made me realize: ALL women here use pants! only grannies or fancy ladies going out use skirts or dresses, it's cold all year round
Hey Barbie,

You look like you are in front of La Bonbonera, "The Candy Bowl" soccer stadium for the La Boca soccer team in the La Boca district of Buenos Aires.  I have had dinner just around the corner from there, and I also lived in Buenos Aires for over 10 years.  A wonderful place.  You see those men looking at you?  They are not only working class but alsothey and no one else sees women there in the streets in any kind of shorts!  I really like your look there.  Thanks for bring back great memories.

Allie

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 02:03:43 am »
Hey Barbie,

Allie

Yes. That's right. I forgot the team name, but you made me recall it. Thanks.
I didn't realize that most women were wearing long pants. I checked the photos taken there, and could confirm it. I saw the Tango dancers wearing a dress.

It took 36 hours by 3 air planes from Seoul to Buenos Aires via Abu Dhabi and São Paulo. I am not quite sure whether I will visit there again.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline barbie

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 12:52:15 pm »
I think you are talking about just a very few European countries, maybe in Holland and maybe Sweden but in most  European countries there are very few women over 6 feet tall sadly. In Manchester I haven’t come across one woman as tall as me (im 1.88m) - it is different in Holland I know.

At Frankfurt airport, I saw a young woman whose height was probably 2 meters (6'7").

Here in Jeju island, I have seen a few young women whose height is as tall as me, but nowadays most of them tend to be obese and unbalanced in body shape. Occasionally, I see well-balanced and beautiful tall women in Seoul, and they also watch me.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline barbie

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 01:03:07 pm »
yeah, that's another issue, In NY I'd sometimes wear the stuff you're just wearing at the market, but I'm in Bogota, fairly safe but still, don't wanna push the envelope; mostly because I tend to go out at night rather than during the day, things change drastically here after business closing

My impression solely based on the media reports here is that Bogota is the most dangerous city in the world. One of my colleagues said to me that he just stayed within the hotel during his visit to Bogota. But I guess the safety there might have been improved recently.

Here I can walk on heels alone at midnight.

Cheers,

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 05:19:37 pm »
Hi all,

I thought getting clocked was also an expression for when you are out as your true self and someone who you know sees you, but they don't know your are transgender and you can see their look of confusion because they cant think why you are familiar and then it dawns on them.

various outcomes are

you going over and saying it's me "Dave" and they hadn't seen you and it was just your paranoia

them responding yes I know, everybody knows

You hiding and hoping they didn't see you and avoiding them for months just incase

them coming over and chatting you up still without recognising you

them telling you you remind them of someone

A text message arriving on your phone

Carla

Carla

Offline Gabrielageo

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2020, 09:41:36 pm »
yeah, I know, people just make assumptions, it always amazed me when people would come up to me (I worked in tourism) and tell me how dangerous NYC was, go figure
My impression solely based on the media reports here is that Bogota is the most dangerous city in the world. One of my colleagues said to me that he just stayed within the hotel during his visit to Bogota. But I guess the safety there might have been improved recently.

Here I can walk on heels alone at midnight.

Cheers,

barbie~~

Offline Froodah

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2020, 01:16:36 am »
I always was clocked, I was pretty transparent, not really understanding what gender they were supossed to be. They need more information before deciding if they feel like a girl or a boy. You have to be one or the other apparently.

Offline sushi776

Re: Getting Clocked:
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2021, 04:42:32 am »
I hardly get clocked nowadays. 3 years post op, also 8 years since start of transitioning. thankfully. a lot of effort was put into my appearance, getting used to the new voice I trained. before my voice was fully female, I had to use speech patterns to make myself more feminine. but now that my voice is more stabilized, based on my personality I rather speak more dominantly. a lot a lot of effort was made for me to reach this stage today.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 01:01:57 pm by Northern Star Girl »

Tags: