Activism and Politics > Politics

FEMA Pays Man for SRS/GRS!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sandi:
Having taken a couple of FEMA courses (just in case of a disaster in my area), I can say that these cases are fraud and criminal.

FEMA monetary assistance is given for a specific purpose only. The recipient must use the money to meet the need for which assistance was provided and must comply with specific regulations applicable to each type of assistance.

* If the assistance is for housing rent, it must be used only for housing rent.
* If for home repairs it can only be used only for home repairs.
* If it is for groceries it can only be used to only buy groceries
* If the assistance is in the form of a loan, it not only must be used for the stated purpose, but recipients must be judged able to pay back the loan.
However with the Katrina disaster more latitude was given on the emergency block grants that were in the amount of $2000 (I think it was). And while not specific, it was given only for emergency needs use, and was a forepayment to the specific monetary assistance provided.

In the past the government has prosecuted assistance fraud cases as well they should. I'm sure there is quite a back-log on Katrina cases.

taylor:
How do they know what it was spent on? How do they know how to track it?  I mean if they can track it now, why in the world did fraud happen to begin with?

I am glad the individual that used it for transition did that. It is not like desperate is not a word some cannot relate to! Now my question is how did they do it with the doc having to receive the payment, did the doc not know...it is wierd to me how this even happened, and yet like I said, they can supposedly track it all now..hmmm.

Peace,
Taylor

stephanie_craxford:
What are my thoughts... well given the apparent lack of control of these funds it's not surprising that these enterprising individuals took advantage of an inept system.  It was inevitable I guess. 

--- Quote from: Melissa ---... before he's thrown out of office in order to establish control even after he's not president anymore.
--- End quote ---

And as far as Bush being "thrown out of office" wasn't that boat missed during the last Presidential election?  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Bush outta there anyway at the end of his current term?

Steph

jan c:

--- Quote from: Stephanie Craxford on June 14, 2006, 06:17:19 pm ---enterprising individuals took advantage of an inept system. 

Steph

--- End quote ---

Ooh Ooh Ooh
that's good stuff Steph.

Melissa:

--- Quote from: Stephanie Craxford on June 14, 2006, 06:17:19 pm ---What are my thoughts... well given the apparent lack of control of these funds it's not surprising that these enterprising individuals took advantage of an inept system.  It was inevitable I guess. 

And as far as Bush being "thrown out of office" wasn't that boat missed during the last Presidential election?  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Bush outta there anyway at the end of his current term?

Steph

--- End quote ---

I was referring to impeachment.  There definite talk about that going on.

Melissa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version