General Discussions > Wiki

Driver's License Sex Change in WA State

(1/2) > >>

Basically this is what you need to have.

1.  Letter from MD, signed, stating that you have gone through or are going through a gender change.
2.  Letter from you explaining your request.  You can keep it short and sweet.
3.  Copy of your Driver's License

Send all those in to:

Department of Licensing
ATTN: Assistant Director's Office
PO Box 9020 Olympia, WA  98507-9020  

Make sure you include your phone number and address.

I was called about 3/4 days after i sent it in, told that it would take aprox 10 days to receive their approval.  Once received I go to any DOL office with $10 and current license.

That is way cool, JT.

Oregon is just as easy.  Letter from your therapist ( must be state approved ), proof of address, old license, and $20.

In California it gets even simpler. There's just one form that you jot down your info, doctor writes a brief explanation and signs, and you give that to the DMV along with your current license and like $20 or something. They give you a temp license right there, the actual license comes 7-14 days later. Simple as that.

California has much more important things to worry about, like the budget.


--- Quote from: tekla on August 07, 2008, 08:22:08 pm ---California has much more important things to worry about, like the budget.

--- End quote ---

must be sooo nice for everybody elses state to do this, Ohio sux!!! >:( i'm sorry but even if you have surgery you'll be lucky to change your marker without a good lawyer. i need to move.

Warrior Princess Mickie


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version