Community Conversation > Male to female transsexual talk (MTF)

Labels

(1/6) > >>

stephanie_craxford:
I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before but here goes.

I recently posted to one of the forums and unwitingly used a label that on reflection was not totaly appropriate.  Now being trans (another label) we face this everyday, some a generic and seem harmless, others can be nasty or percieved as nasty if used the wrong way.

What do you think - is there a label that gets under your skin  ??? - it doesn't have to relate to anything on this site just generally..

Mine is "The moral majority" - what makes them moral and evryone else not.

Leigh:
The use of the word
--- Quote ---"we"
--- End quote ---

I really dislike it when someone speaks for me and I have no inclusion or identity with that particular subject.

beth:
I don't like the term "open minded" because invariably most everyone that uses it thinks it means believing, or liking the same things that they do and that has absolutely nothing to do with being open minded.     

:eusa_wall:

beth

Terri-Gene:
  "Mine is "The moral majority" - what makes them moral and evryone else not."

Greater Vocal Numbers and organization would be my guess.

yes, the Topic, well, if there were a word I hated most, it would be "<transgender person>".  to me that creates an image of incompleteness and conflict.  that doesn't have to be true, but it's how it affects me.

I dislike this term so much because at present I would fall under that label when it is used, making me half male, half female, a condition of absolute confusion to me and its part of the process I have to go through, meaning if the term is applied to me, it makes me uncomfortable with myself.  I can accept most of the terms that have logic in applying to me, but "<transgender person>" is offensive to me and against everything I feel inside must be done for my own peace of mind.

Terri

Terri

Susan:

--- Quote from: Leigh on June 29, 2005, 08:30:18 pm ---The use of the word "We" I really dislike it when someone speaks for me and I have no inclusion or identity with that particular subject.

--- End quote ---

We doesn't have to include you unless you want it to. We indicates a group and inclusion in a group is generally voluntary. You are always free to say I disagree or to state your own opinion if it differs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version