Community Conversation > Significant Others talk

What about parents?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Leigh:

--- Quote from: wajdi on July 09, 2005, 04:41:04 pm --- Too bad there isn't some sort of test folks have to take to prove their fitness prior to becoming parents.

--- End quote ---

There is a test.  Its called being heterosexual.  That fulfuills all the criteria the states and feds care about.

Shelley:
I'm with you Wadji,

As a parent of six I can't understand parents who don't just love their kids as they are.

Ellen:
I agree completly
i have three wonderfull kids and i would support them what ever they choose , i might try to see if they really know what they are doing but i wouldnt try to change their minds.
well mayby try a little, have to butt in some... Ellen

Svetlana:
hmm... a parents test...

unfortunately, sex is held sacred above all else in this society, it seems, goodness knows why.  held above childrens' best interests... in lots of ways... a "good parent test" or equivalent being one of them... and not even the worst one (!!)

that makes me really sad, you know :'( people will put another session of selfish animal pleasure seeking above their responsibilities to the creation of new lifeforms... and the rule of law teaches them, "that's perfectly okay.  your children ARE your property - and the more you have, the more money we'll give you, thus instilling that impression!"  i for one (amongst many) don't think that's right.  "oh, and we could never, ever dare do anything to restrict people having sex whenever they damn well felt like it without giving a damn about the consequences."  no, you couldn't do that, could you... that would be morally wrong, wouldn't it?  sheesh.

you seem like one of the best parents in the world.  i echo that sentiment completely, made by many others here.  i also, sadly, realise that perhaps my own parents aren't quite as good as i think of them as.  and that's the first time i've ever said, or seriously considered, that.  they're nothing, absolutely nothing, like the kind of people i was having a go at in the above paragraph, nothing at all like that.  yet with all else the love you might hope for they show me - two things stand out - neither will call me properly - neither will talk about it.  so unusual of them.  don't know why, just don't know why.  so confusing.

i am jealous.  she is really lucky.  it's a sad fact that you have to be "lucky", but it's true.  you have entirely a great attitude.  i'm sure your daughter's life is made a lot easier for it... really i couldn't explain all the difference even the smallest little thing makes in this way... good for you.

Leigh:

--- Quote from: Svetlana on August 08, 2005, 01:18:07 am ---

that makes me really sad, you know :'( people will put another session of selfish animal pleasure seeking above their responsibilities to the creation of new lifeforms... and the rule of law teaches them, "that's perfectly okay.  your children ARE your property - and the more you have, the more money we'll give you, thus instilling that impression!"  i for one (amongst many) don't think that's right.  "oh, and we could never, ever dare do anything to restrict people having sex whenever they damn well felt like it without giving a damn about the consequences."  no, you couldn't do that, could you... that would be morally wrong, wouldn't it?  sheesh.

--- End quote ---

I find it difficult to understand your rambling but:  Are you advocating if its not for procreation sex should be abstained from?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version