General Discussions > Help and How to

Improved makeup application

(1/3) > >>

jennyclassgal:
I am wondering how some of the girls I see achieve such a flawless, smooth look with their makeup. Is there any way to mask or fill in facial pores? I know you an't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, (I am 48), but is there a foundation that meets this purpose?

Thanks, Jenn

stephanie_craxford:
Hello there.

I use a product produced by "Clinique" called "Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector".  It is a little pricey but the results are wonderful.  You apply a small dap to the finger and spread it over the area you with to treat.  It really works, pores are filled and after a few seconds you can apply your make up over it.  It comes in several colours, and I use "01 Invisible Light".

See www.clinique.com and go to skincare, pores.

Steph

jennyclassgal:
Thank Steph ... you are a doll. I don't know how you do it, but you seem to have the right answer for everything. I'm so glad I found this site!
Jenn

tinkerbell:
Hi Jenny:

I use a primer prior to applying makeup; the primer is 98.5% pharmaceutical silicone and fills in pores completely; it also creates a smooth surface for my makeup which also has a silicone base.

you can try both products at:    www.hsn.com

go to the beauty section and then click on the brand signature club A, you can then scroll down to the different products they sell and choose something that fits your needs.

tinkerbell
[Image Removed]

Kendall:
The main natural pore remedies astringents are

Witch Hazel
Lemon Juice
Talcum Powder
Rubbing Alcohol
Oatmeal

These are made to shrink and constrict tissue. I mainly use alcohol, witch hazel, and lemon juice. Not made to cover them, but shrinks them some.

Extremely large pores it might not close up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version