Blogs > Blogging

It got rejected for "opinions" so I thought I'd post it here! :')

(1/3) > >>

NicholeW.:
I've never placed a link to my blog here except in my signature, but it was suggested and so, seemed to me that General Discussions might fit.

Today I remembered. Sometimes our memories unlock more about ourselves than we ever discuss on boards anyhow.

http://radnichole.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/snow-mountains-memory/

I hope you enjoy the read, if you read. Feel free to comment. Here. Or there. 

Nichole

Shana A:
I wouldn't say "rejected", that sounds like I'm grading papers and marking them with red... If it were trans specific, for example, talking about how hard it is to wear high heels in the snow, I could have posted it  ;) :laugh:

Seriously though, Nichole's blog is great and always worth reading whether she is writing about trans issues or other topics. Everyone should subscribe.

Z

Jeneva:
Where you grew up its pretty cold too, but no snow.  Several schools were closed yesterday, but it was just delays today.

I didn't realize you were from around here, it is a pretty place, but not very friendly for us.  I don't suppose you know any local ts resources do you?

NicholeW.:

--- Quote from: hiddenflame on January 15, 2009, 12:29:01 pm ---Where you grew up its pretty cold too, but no snow.  Several schools were closed yesterday, but it was just delays today.

I didn't realize you were from around here, it is a pretty place, but not very friendly for us.  I don't suppose you know any local ts resources do you?

--- End quote ---

Nope, sorry, wish I could help. I left in 1988 and haven't returned, packed a little 1976 Honda Civic throw-away to the gills and past with my things and left. The closest I've been since is I-81 on the way to Nashville and points west. :)

Sometimes I miss it, but mostly the scenery. :) The Poconos and the Catskills seemed safer. I imagine I could go back now without fear, but in 1988 that was still a ways away. :)

Thanks for reading and best of luck. Is Cowboys still operating out on Bristol Highway in North Johnson City? You might check there if it's still a gay-bar. When it was The Connection over by ETSU on Walnut Street there were three of us that were there in the early mid-80s.

Sorry, I'm sure that's like no help at all for you. Tell ya what though, Flame, check this guy: George R. Brown, M.D.
East Tennessee State University/VA Medical Center
116A/Psychiatry
Mountain Home, TN 37684

He's listed at http://www.drbecky.com/therapists03.html as still practicing. I know he's worked with Randi Ettner in Chicago as a collaborator. He might be able to assist you.

All the very best, girl.

Nichole

Jeneva:

--- Quote from: Nichole on January 15, 2009, 01:31:04 pm ---Thanks for reading and best of luck. Is Cowboys still operating out on Bristol Highway in North Johnson City? You might check there if it's still a gay-bar. When it was The Connection over by ETSU on Walnut Street there were three of us that were there in the early mid-80s.

--- End quote ---
I think its called New Beginings now, but it is still a gay bar.

--- Quote from: Nichole on January 15, 2009, 01:31:04 pm ---Sorry, I'm sure that's like no help at all for you. Tell ya what though, Flame, check this guy: George R. Brown, M.D.
East Tennessee State University/VA Medical Center
116A/Psychiatry
Mountain Home, TN 37684

--- End quote ---
I'm not a veteran and Dr Brown is marked as vet only on some of the lists (since he worked for the VA).  I've also found a few things that imply the VA shut him down.  I've never bothered to check because of that, but if I even get a green light from my wife for therapy it would be worth a try.  Most of the other resources from this area on the big lists were out of date when I called around late last year.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version