News and Events > People news

Life as a transsexual

<< < (2/2)

4years:

--- Quote from: Svetlana on May 25, 2005, 08:35:42 pm ---i think: you'd have to be insane to choose this path.  to contemplate it, or to travel it... not necessarily.  only insane to choose it.  and as we each know, we didn't choose it.

--- End quote ---

Hum… excellent point and I concur.
Although, I’d have to wonder about one who contemplates it much ;)

Terri-Gene:
"Fwiw, I've wondered what in tarnation I am doing quite a few times. This path isn't something any sane person contemplates let alone travels along"

Sanity is a very relative thing, what to one is insane, to another is perfectly reasonable and correct.  Choice?  Many years ago, I made a concious choice and worked hard to make that choice stick, as it turned out, the choice to turn my back on it in total was the ultimate insanity and as such, in it's own way, drove me to the brink of insanity.

Since realizing the above nearly 10 years ago and again making a concious choice to accept my lot in life for what It was and is and deal with it constructively, the insanity has diminished, but to many of the results of living contrary to myself are still all to evident, but time will overcome, I know this, and as of now, nothing that can happen and no matter what the future outcome, I am happier as a person, even if it does mean being something few really understand outside of simple live and let live.  The more I gravitate toward those who can look beyond what was and accept what is, the more I am sure of this.

michelle:
I am just slugging it out day today.   Some days make sense some days don't.    I feel that I am just following a path that  life has chose for me.   I know how I feel but I don't always know what to do with it.    The end of the tunnel seems far away.  I accept that I am female,  but exactly what that means is not clear to me.

Terri-Gene:
 "exactly what that means is not clear to me. "

Nor can it be until you have totally immerced yourself in it, lived by it's realities, and accept the difference in realities as being part of your life as a woman.

to know what you are within yourself is not the same as the experience of living by it within the actual environment of it.

4years:

--- Quote from: Terri-Gene on May 28, 2005, 11:18:05 am ---... Sanity is a very relative thing, what to one is insane, to another is perfectly reasonable and correct. ...

--- End quote ---

Heehee! That is SOO true!

I’ve also been exceptionally fond of the “in the eye of the beholder” type quotes and variations, as they are so true.  Tis a shame, I don’t think enough people pay enough attention to that.

--- Quote from: Terri-Gene on May 28, 2005, 02:17:21 pm ---... to know what you are within yourself is not the same as the experience of living by it within the actual environment of it. ...
--- End quote ---

That is exceptionally true, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version