Community Conversation > Non-Op

I had to laugh ...

(1/2) > >>

Cowardly Lioness:
Hi everyone  ;D

Just wanted to say hi (since I'm new here) and tell a quick story.

I'm in my 40s and married and have tried to contain my TS feelings for a very long time (without much success) including growing a full beard to make me feel more manly.  Recently I have let my hair grow, got my ears pierced and began removing body hair.  Not too long ago I shaved my mustache and beard.  Now I am not fooling myself ... I look like a man.  My body and facial structure are masculine and it would take more than a layer of make up and some pretty clothes to cover it up.

Anyway ... My wife and I were out shopping.  I was dressed in my usual guy clothes (casual and loose).  We walked into a plus size women's clothing store to look around and the clerk walked up and asked ,"Can I help you ladies?"  :o  I turned and stared in shock (probably looked like a deer in the headlights), my wife started laughing and finally said no thank you. 

I personally think the clerk just has very bad eyesight ... but I did get a good laugh out of it 8)

Jay:
Wow. Its brilliant when these things happen. And the fact you weren't even dressed Absolutely brilliant. :)

Jay

tekla:
Actually it speaks more for my thesis that people are paying a lot less attention than we think they are.

finewine:
I got hassled by the religious police once in Saudi because they were behind me, saw long hair (that I had at the time) and bare arms...they came around all set to give me a beating (cane at the ready and everything) when they saw my face and went "aahh ok".

But that wasn't funny - I didn't laugh at all.  I can look back on it now with a smile, if I overlook what those policemen represent.

Just Kate:
Aww, I like ironic/funny stories.  I have one:

Back when I was living as a girl, I got to know this awesome guy at work.  He was tall, handsome, intelligent, yadda yadda yadda.  He was one of the few who knew I was trans because he was one of the managers of the business. 

Anyhow, after working up the courage to talk with him, he and I developed a friendship, and he started inviting me to his upscale apartment to hang out with him.  Well after about a month of hanging out, I told him I'd really like to make dinner for us one night - to which he agreed.  It was that night I intended to... well, make my intentions known, and hoped we could hook up.

Dinner was served and I was so excited and nervous.  We sat down together to talk over dinner and, reading my mind and intentions, he said, "I want you to know that I really like you, I think you are terrific, but I could never have a relationship with you."  He then said, "I'm gay." 

I thought, "ok.... I can work with this" so I replied optimistically, "Well, I know you know I am trans, so is that still a problem?"

He laughed and said, "I know, but I absolutely cannot see you as male.  I tried, trust me, I thought I could make it work, but the more we hung out the more I realized I wasn't physically attracted to you."

I went home to my roommate... and cried....  oh the irony.  Funny now looking back at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version