Community Conversation > Hormone replacement therapy

Cancer resulting from HRT

(1/3) > >>

tiffani66:
Hi, everyone.  I have been on HRT for almost 13 years.

In 1995, I began to notice an enlargement of my right testicle.  I tried to let my endocrinologist know but he wasn't paying attention at that time to what I was asking.  It took two more visits (about one year) and a much greater degree of enlargement before he would listen to me and finally sent me to a hospital for a biopsy.

The biopsy came back showing malignant cancer. I underwent removal of the testicle  on September 5, 1996.

I was very lucky.  After further examination, I was informed that the cancer was on the verge of metastasizing when the testicle was removed.

I have been cancer-free for almost nine years now, thanks to a relapse rate of only five percent.

Has anyone else experienced anything of this kind while having HRT?

Tiffani

Cassandra:
Tiffany,

Haven't gotten cancer, but thank god they caught it in the (ta da) nick of time. Guess you got a little unplanned bottom surgery. Well at least that's one thing out of the way, or is it two.  :angel:  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Cassie

tiffani66:
Only one; I would have a lot less difficulty if it were both.  *Sigh*

Tiffani

nicole_dianelle:
maybe i got my info mix up...but i read somewhere that if u got castrated...or ur ball remove. it create scaring around there...and later on if u want SRS. it be extremely difficult. I could be wrong. But i'm glad that nothing bad happen to ur health.

tiffani66:
Hi, Nicole.  It did leave a scar, about 5 or six inches directly up into the abdomen from the scrotal sac.

That was almost nine years ago; there is no actual scar tissue remaining, just a very faint reddish line.

The choice that I had was remove the testicle or the cancer would spread to the rest of my body.

No real choice at all in my mind.  Funny thing: no real choice in the minds of the doctors either.

I could wish that they had removed both but, unless you are getting your SRS, any removal is "emergency procedure" only. 

Tiffani

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version