General Discussions > Islam

Transsexual Muslima

(1/8) > >>

maidenprincess:
Asalaamu Alaikum.

I am now in a place where I am comfortable and happy in my womanhood. Then I found Islam. It feels right to me. The God I had prayed to all my life finally called to me one day and I realized that I had been Muslim all along. But does this religion accept someone like me? That is the struggle I find within myself now. I cannot back down from being female, and I cannot denounce my faith in Allah subhanu wa ta'ala!!! I will not do either. Where do I fit in this grand scheme of things as a Muslim transgender? What is God's plan for me? Why did He send me on these paths??

While I'm most blessed and happy that I have finally found the truth and right path... I cannot help but feel that being transgender is going to prove difficult in my relationships with other Muslims. I know mukhannathuns are referenced in the Qur'an, Hadith, and Surrah, but is there a place for us here?

I would not have become a follower of Islam had I not truly believed in the Shahada.  And I would not have transitioned had I not felt I was really a woman inside.  All of what I do is because I believe it to be so.  How do I handle the brothers and sisters who cannot accept? 

Janet_Girl:
In the same way we handle all those who do not accept us.  Through pray and faith.  Faith in ones self, in our decision and in our personal gods.  May you find those among your faith that will be accepting.

Blessed Be
Hugs and Love
Janet

maidenprincess:
Jazakallah Janet (May God reward you!) for your support.  I am trying to be strong!

Janet_Girl:
That is all we are ask.  To be strong.

Blessed Be
Hugs and Love
Janet

accord03:
In the koran - It supports and believes in transexuality but believes homosexuality is a sin.

Iran and Afghan government actually pays half of your surgery cost cause they'd rather have people who change and like the opposite sex then have two people of the same sex.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version