Activism and Politics > Discrimination

And the bigot of the month award goes to...

<< < (2/3) > >>

jaded:
again sorry bro i hate that you had to go through that but it is something i have already gotten used to

Julie Marie:
Rafe, who knows what her problem was.  It's possible she thought you were handing her a false ID.  She saw a guy but your ID had an "F" on it.  No matter, she was way out of line.  And her refusal to cooperate with your requests reeks of discrimination.  If you want her fired, go for it.  But maybe meeting with her manager and having her apologize, while you act in a civilized manner, will show her you're a person deserving of her respect instead of an irate customer who wants her head.  If she got fired she'd carry this prejudice with her a long way, blaming you and "your kind" for losing her job.  Revenge usually keeps the flames fanned.  If it's possible, don't give her any more fuel to keep the fires of prejudice blazing.

Julie

Fusion:
Its this kind of discriminatory behavior that gets me so angry and all riled up. usually I dont get mad about things...but its this kind of stuff that makes me want to stand up and do sumthin about it.  >:(

umop ap!sdn:

--- Quote from: Julie Marie on October 23, 2006, 10:46:53 pm ---If she got fired she'd carry this prejudice with her a long way, blaming you and "your kind" for losing her job.
--- End quote ---
I have to agree. It's awful that this happened to you, Rafe, and I know all too well the sense of defensiveness and wanting to retaliate that we get when we're discriminated against, but I also know what it's like to be on the receiving end. :-\

Mario:
Dude,
    She was way out of line no matter what she thought. See if they had one of those signs on the door "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" if they don't, then there's a lawsuit for ya.

Marco

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version