Activism and Politics > Politics

Voice or no Voice

(1/3) > >>

Kate Thomas:
I ran across this quote today, and thought of the atmosphere, just a few short years ago.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Hermann Göring

Kate Alice

HelenW:
An absolutely chilling observation, KateAlice!

*shiver* Brrrr! *shiver*

LostInTime:
Divide and conquer in politics, old hat and that was before the Nazis.

However, it does remind me of this quote:

"It is not the insurrections of ignorance that are dangerous, but the revolts of intelligence."
--James Russell Lowell

and this one as well:

"The mob is easily led and may be moved by the smallest force, so that its agitations have a wonderful resemblance to those of the sea."
--Polybius

And ultimately the People are the ones to be held accountable:

"Arbitrary rule has its basis, not in the strength of the state or the chief, but in the moral weakness of the individual, who submits almost without resistance to the domineering power."
--Friedrich Hatzel

Brianna:
Oy.

I don't hate anyone - but I hate the rat <not allowed> that is doing this. I hate it for the 600,000 people it's murdered. I hate it for it's smirk. I hate it for destroying the country I used to think was full of good people.

Bri

cindianna_jones:

--- Quote from: Brianna on October 25, 2006, 06:13:18 pm ---Oy.

I don't hate anyone - but I hate the rat <not allowed> that is doing this. I hate it for the 600,000 people it's murdered. I hate it for it's smirk. I hate it for destroying the country I used to think was full of good people.

Bri

--- End quote ---

He can't do it alone.  Our people have let him do it.  It's too bad our society can remember only a couple of years at a time.  Those who can not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

Cindi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version