General Discussions > Paganism

So...what flavor of pagan are you?

<< < (2/21) > >>

Janet_Girl:
I am Wiccan, of the Cunningham Tradition.

Constance:
Ecclectic Solitary, drawing primarily from Wicca and Asatru. My matron is Pele, my patron is Perkunas, and my Spirit Ally is the Lost Bison.

However, it's probably best to say I'm a Buddhistic-Christo Pagan and count among my spiritual ancestors the Buddha, Jesus, Mary, and Judas Iscariot.

Gia:
Times change, so do the available churches.

My main church is in Hawai'i.

rejennyrated:
I am a very broad minded and relaxed solitary witch.

I hold onto my beliefs lightly and regard the profession of certainty as a very dangerous error.

The states of absoluter certainty and death have a lot in common.

Certainty is usually accompanied by a cessation of questioning. Some who is certain about everything will therefore exhibit very little brain activity and could be mistaken for brain dead!

It is always better to have questions and be alive!

Gia:

--- Quote from: rejennyrated on October 14, 2010, 04:34:44 am ---Certainty is usually accompanied by a cessation of questioning. Some who is certain about everything will therefore exhibit very little brain activity and could be mistaken for brain dead!

--- End quote ---

Found this via /. :

--- Quote ---People's brains are more responsive to friends than to strangers, even if the stranger has more in common, according to a study in the Oct. 13 issue of The Journal of Neuroscience. Researchers examined a brain region known to be involved in processing social information, and the results suggest that social alliances outweigh shared interests.
--- End quote ---

Source: Imaging study shows brain responds more to close friends, Medical Daily: http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20101013/2597/imaging-study-shows-brain-responds-more-to-close-friends.htm

So somebody that seems brain dead may simply just need friends. No need to assume with any certainty that person doesn't need friends. Friends may be the only thing needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version