Author Topic: What Made You Happy Today?  (Read 236933 times)

Offline Ryno

What Made You Happy Today?
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:43:14 pm »
This topic was a sticky on an old forum I used to be a member of, Queer Attitude. I thought it was a pretty uplifting idea, writing about whatever made your day amazing. Each day is open to a whole new opportunity for morale-boosting events, so why not share them with everyone on the forum?

My day was made when I got a call from Home Depot in the city I'm moving to in two days telling me they want me in for an interview next week.

I just finished my job here in the city I currently live in, and though I was spitting out resume after resume for months now, no one had been calling me. And I'm pretty friggin sweet in interviews, so I'm fairly confident I'll have a job to pay rent.

PLUS, I'm full-time, passing as male, so this job will be my first job where EVERYONE knows me as Ryan. :D:D:D Not to mention Home Depot is renowned for being Queer-Friendly. ^^

Needless to say I'm happy.

Now it's your turn. :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:33:24 pm by Ryan J »
Пудник

Offline Padma

• Polysensual
  • Family
  • Sex: F - Gender: None
Re: What Made You Happy Today?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:57:05 pm »
Small big things: I've had several lovely "I'd like to get to know you" messages today, and a phonecall from a Susanite in England :) - I've made an appointment with Dr Perring (God of Trans, apparently 8)) in London - and I've got rid of that man-flag on the left there, and feel unburdened (and my hair is growing, and I have a date to change its colour over the weekend - watch this space!)
Womandrogyne™

Offline Robert Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:18:51 pm »
My kid refered to me as he today.

My dog who had to have an emergency run to the vet last night is doing great today.

I get to do a legal training for youth tonight on name changes, birth certificate changes etc

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:54:22 pm »
I got an email today from one of our friends here at Susans, she is doing fine! that's why I'm so happy!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:04:56 am by Tracey »
Veteran, US Army

Yakshini

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:01:56 pm »
Today my significant other used a pet name while talking to me that actually made me feel like we were really in a relationship, when most of the time he is in denial that we actually have a serious relationship. He insists to people that he has no desire to date, but when he opens up a little bit it makes me really feel like he really does feel that we are a real couple.
I gave him the rest of my chocolate covered raisins and he said, "Thank you, sweety."

And this didn't happen today, but it's too cute...
So a few days ago my SO requested a few hours alone so he could go job application hunting and work on filling out applications because he is more productive when he is by himself. When he eventually picked me up and brought me back to his house, the stuffed frog he won for me at an amusement park was sitting on the couch when usually it sits on the bed.
"Why is Clydefrog on the couch?"
"I don't know. I guess he somehow just made it out here."
"Did you bring him out here?"
"Maybe."
"While I was gone were you cuddling Clydefrog and playing video games?"
"... maybe."
So this guy, whom is 6'2" and 230 lbs of solid muscle, referred to as a "tank" by people who are scared of being heard saying anything bad about him out of fear of being totally annihilated cuddles with stuffed animals when I'm not around. It's also not uncommon for me to see the sock monkey I made for him curled up in his bed the day after a night I stayed at home.

Offline angiejuly

• Friend
  • Incarnated Angel
    • blogspot
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:11:32 pm »
I was told I`m loved and told chin up. and it is!!!! :)
We must value ourselves to our attributes and contributions to others and environment and not our ability to aquire monitery value through means of greed and backstabbing. In this system the greedy would eat what the dogs dont want.
a blog on truth,   http://angiejuly.blogspot.com/

Offline Marie Sue S

• very mixed up at this point
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 11:01:49 pm »
my granddaughter come over today

Offline Lacey Lynne

• Five Years & Two Months on HRT - Offering Encouragement.
  • Family
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 12:58:35 am »
The fact that I will be starting laser beard removal in about 3 weeks.  The fact that I'll be getting a professional wig fitting and styling for a new wig in about 3 weeks.  The fact that I'll finally be fulltime in about 3 weeks.

Lastly, I'm way grateful for life itself and for good health.  I'm grateful ... way grateful.

Peace    ;)   Lacey
Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!

RabbitsOfTheWorldUnite

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 01:47:18 am »
I've felt incredibly pleased with everything these past two days, bubbling over with joy. It's not about anything specific, just a heightened sense of well-being. My sister scored 3rd place in a statewide competition today, my tenant paid up his late debt today, I cleaned up my hose today, I got a fabulous black silk shirt from bebe today, and to top it off I got laid today! Oh, and a couple hours ago a frind brought over a bagful of sweet pastries for me which I've been munching on!!

Doesn't get much better than this :-)

shortnsweet1004

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 01:52:51 am »
There was a get-together near my hometown by some acquaintances that a friend went to yesterday. I wouldn't have been able to go since I'm away at school. My friend told me today that I was thought of and people would have liked me there.

CindyJames

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 02:28:09 am »

I bought two new sets of ear rings. Oh my Goddess is that news >:-) >:-)

Offline justmeinoz

• Family
  • New hair style.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 02:35:24 am »
I have finally got the jungle that was my backyard under control, which means the snakes and rabbits will be visible. :o
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"

Offline Constance

• The MTF formerly known as Shades O'Grey
  • Family
  • I know what "ALL" means.
    • doubleinvert
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »
My son, who's not too enthusiastic about my transition, is taking me out to dinner tonight in celebration of the HRT letter I got yesterday.

Offline Ryno

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 05:08:13 pm »
haha sounds great everyone, keep it up!!

I just moved into my new place with JayUnit, and after only like, three days of living here pretty much everything is put away, looks like we've been living here for a while. I also just bought a cheap clearance $400 couch that will arrive on Thursday morning :) The landlady is crazy awesome, the tenants are extremely friendly and the whole city is soo much nicer than where I used to live. :D
Пудник

Brayden

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 06:54:23 am »
:D haha today I got my first stp packer :D

Offline justmeinoz

• Family
  • New hair style.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:31 am »
Several things actually.

Had a nice ride on the bike to Melbourne. Warm, sunny day, light traffic and bike is running like a sewing machine.

I found a plum coloured mascara, and had my eyebrows waxed.  No-one stared or called me 'he' all day.  I found a great pair of boots that are actually in my size.

Oh, and my Endocrinologist says I CAN GET ON THE DRUGS!!!

So all in all, not a bad sort of a day.

Karen.

Yakshini

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 04:06:31 pm »
I had my first job interview in a long time today. :)

Offline justmeinoz

• Family
  • New hair style.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 07:24:52 am »
Congratulations, the hardest part of looking for work is that there is no sign of progress until you get to an interview.  Good Luck.

I am happy because I  AM NOW ON THE DRUGS!  Must say I don't feel any different yet. ;D

Karen.

ShippoFox

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 06:23:18 am »
Hmmm.... umm... playing with kitties & watching Stargate Atlantis.

Tamaki

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 01:21:28 am »
A friend of my wife's told her that I'm more feminine than she is! We also had a fun weekend together and it wasn't raining.

Tags: