General Discussions > Other

Taoism

(1/5) > >>

PidgeTPN:
So, I consider myself Taoist. Not a very good one, but being "devout" takes practice and patience.

For those that don't know, Taoism is not a religion. A religion is a spirituality with a higher power. Taoists live of the land, living life as it goes on, no pride, prejudice, greed, no sins at all.

Anatta:
Kia Ora Vakarian,

::) If you're not a very "good" Taoist...This would mean you're not a very "bad" one...So you're just going with the "flow" in a balanced kinda "way"...

Metta Zenda :)

PidgeTPN:

--- Quote from: Zenda on May 21, 2011, 06:35:04 pm ---Kia Ora Vakarian,

::) If you're not a very "good" Taoist...This would mean you're not a very "bad" one...So you're just going with the "flow" in a balanced kinda "way"...

--- End quote ---
:P Very true! What I meant, though, is that I still judge people. I try to catch myself before I do, though. I have a bit of a short temper, and such.

Anatta:

--- Quote from: VakarianPride on May 21, 2011, 06:43:43 pm ---:P Very true! What I meant, though, is that I still judge people. I try to catch myself before I do, though. I have a bit of a short temper, and such.

--- End quote ---

Kia Ora Valkarian,

::) Because you are becoming more "aware" of what you consider your faults/flaws, this could also means your mind is becoming more open/receptive, allowing the chi to flow more freely/naturally...Hence making "going with the flow" easier...

" Something there is
Before Heaven and Earth existed,
Silent and void,
Eternally it goes on and on.
It is worthy to be the Mother of all things.
I do not know its name, so I called it the Tao [Way]..."[/b]

So just practice what Lao Zi preached and "Just go with the flow and enjoy it!" 

Julie Marie:
I've read almost all the verses of the Tao Te Ching.  I don't know that there is anything about achieving perfection as it applies to being a good Taoist.  It seems more about acceptance.

The other night I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  My mind was reeling with 10,000 things.  But it wasn't the 10,000 things Lao Tzu often refers to.  It was just life stuff.

Anyway, I got out of bed and grabbed my book and began reading verses of the Tao.  When I got to the 39th verse I read:

" When man interferes with the Tao, the sky becomes filthy, the earth becomes depleted, the equilibrium crumbles, creatures become extinct."

That certainly sums up what we've been doing.  And to think, Lao Tzu wrote this some 2500 years ago.  I guess we didn't listen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version