Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Recent posts

Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 04:11:22 AM
bile
Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 04:10:03 AM
sum   some
Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by imallie - Today at 01:42:09 AM
My wife applauded my self-restraint on this one today:

One of my sisters sent along a note in our siblings text chain - my pregnant niece (her daughter) would be posting a video for us soon. Or as she put it "There will be a big family gender reveal next month!"

To which I said to my wife... Yeah, maybe one more than they think, you know?

We both had a good chuckle about that one... and I do hope that's the kind of thing I can remember to tell them all about after the fact.

Vial     Vile 
Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by Paulie - Today at 12:48:06 AM
icky
Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on Yesterday at 11:54:20 PMHere are a couple of things you can do:

• Paint your fingernails. Clear matte top coat is not recognizable at all, clear glossy top coat feels really good and most people wouldn't recognize it immediately either and some neutral colors, like OPI's "Put it in neutral" is difficult to spot, especially if you only apply one coat and finish it off with a matte top coat.
  • Wear a sports bra. As long as the bra doesn't have hooks, or other adjustment hardware, is isn't noticeable at all. I do that all the time. You could even put a little breast enhancer into the bra, it is usually indistinguishable from moobs, especially if you wear a more baggy shirt or a jacket over it.
  • Wear jewelry. I regularly wear a necklace, a ring and a bracelet. All of them are themed according to my #1 hobby, so if anyone asks I have an explanation. If you feel adventurous, you could even get your ears pierced.
  • Buy androgynous clothing that was designed for women. Nobody will notice if you wear women's jeans or a denim jacket, women's polos and turtleneck / mock neck sweaters are fine too. T-shirts are not a problem either as long as the neck line isn't cut too deep. I also regularly use a women's winter jacket without issues.
    BTW, when wearing a turtleneck I often wear my necklace on the outside and I have received a number of compliments from women about it. It looks very feminine, but people really don't conclude I am trans. That's just a leap too far for most people.
  • Use a handbag. Coach, for example has a line designed for men, but isn't too different from bags designed for women, so that could work.

Also, please keep in mind that even if somebody notices anything, they usually don't say anything. They might think to themselves that you are a weird guy and move on.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

Heidemarie

Thank you so much! I just pierced my right ear a few weeks ago. I've always had my multiple piercings in my left ear. A bra is a great idea. I just ordered a bralette a few minutes ago, and have to pick it up after I get my pedicure tomorrow morning. I'm definitely going to order a purse soon. I want one SOO badly. My issue is I still live at home, and have a family member that is very against me being feminine in any way shape or form, so I have to walk a very fine line in expressing myself in a feminine manner. 😞
Your're 100 percent right in saying people won't say anything. I walked around all of last summer in sandals with painted toenails, and nobody ever said anything to me. I also wear the most blatantly feminine scented perfumes, and nobody has ever said a thing to me.
My drivers license has always said 6'0" from when I was a teenager.  I don't know if I shrunk or if it's always been wrong. I'm closer to 6'0" than 5'11", so I sticking with 6 feet if anyone asks.

Come to think of it, they don't let you put your hight in less then one inch increments on your license. So maybe I didn't shrink.  ;D

Paulie.
Here are a couple of things you can do:

• Paint your fingernails. Clear matte top coat is not recognizable at all, clear glossy top coat feels really good and most people wouldn't recognize it immediately either and some neutral colors, like OPI's "Put it in neutral" is difficult to spot, especially if you only apply one coat and finish it off with a matte top coat.
  • Wear a sports bra. As long as the bra doesn't have hooks, or other adjustment hardware, is isn't noticeable at all. I do that all the time. You could even put a little breast enhancer into the bra, it is usually indistinguishable from moobs, especially if you wear a more baggy shirt or a jacket over it.
  • Wear jewelry. I regularly wear a necklace, a ring and a bracelet. All of them are themed according to my #1 hobby, so if anyone asks I have an explanation. If you feel adventurous, you could even get your ears pierced.
  • Buy androgynous clothing that was designed for women. Nobody will notice if you wear women's jeans or a denim jacket, women's polos and turtleneck / mock neck sweaters are fine too. T-shirts are not a problem either as long as the neck line isn't cut too deep. I also regularly use a women's winter jacket without issues.
    BTW, when wearing a turtleneck I often wear my necklace on the outside and I have received a number of compliments from women about it. It looks very feminine, but people really don't conclude I am trans. That's just a leap too far for most people.
  • Use a handbag. Coach, for example has a line designed for men, but isn't too different from bags designed for women, so that could work.

Also, please keep in mind that even if somebody notices anything, they usually don't say anything. They might think to themselves that you are a weird guy and move on.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

Heidemarie
Introductions / Re: Returning Member
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 10:38:37 PM
Dear Veronica J ....
Welcome back to the Forum... I am glad that you found us again after our New Year's day site crash.

I will be sending you a personal Email asking some questions and looking for answers so that you can
have access to your previous profile.

If you don't receive my Email soon please let me know here on this thread and/or send me an Email.

Again, Welcome back.

NOTE: I see that one of our Official Greeters @LoriDee has replied to you with
some important information for you as a returning member.

Warmest Regards,
Danielle
  [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator      Email:  alaskandanielle@yahoo.com

Quote from: Veronica J on Yesterday at 07:30:51 PM
Hi There,

I am back, how do i go about getting my old profile details changed so i can access it again?

my old profile was Veronica A, i am uploading a recent photo of myself now..

ps dont know how o change my profile picture :)