Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Recent posts

Member Blogs / Re: Davina's diary
Last post by davina61 - Today at 04:44:45 AM
Well dear hearts I made my flask and lunch box to go to my workshop, not feeling it now .My boss said I can have a rest day ,yup I am the boss of me!!
 Laptop slow as since my security system is doing a check only 1% done so far so how long it will take I dont know.
 Debs rang and said she managed to get an oak sapling planted at her sons grave, well sapling that is 12ft tall. Anyway trying to find a rice and veg recipe to go with my pork and mushroom curry.
Biden Title IX rules set to protect trans students, abuse survivors

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-title-ix-rules-set-to-protect-trans-students-abuse-survivors/ar-AA1nhZH3?ocid=windirect&cvid=2019be25438042aba36048ad28213c96&ei=15

Story by Laura Meckler (19 April 2024)

The Biden administration on Friday finalized sweeping new rules barring schools from discriminating against transgender students and ordering significant changes for how schools adjudicate claims of sexual harassment and assault on campus.

The provisions regarding gender identity are the most politically fraught, setting up an election-year culture clash with conservative states and school boards that have limited transgender rights in schools, banned discussion of gender identity in classrooms and removed books with LGBTQ+ themes. Mindful of the politics, the administration is delaying action on the contentious issue of whether transgender girls and women should be allowed to compete in women's and girls' sports.

The long-awaited regulation represents the administration's interpretation of Title IX, a 1972 law that bars sex discrimination in schools that receive federal funding. Title IX is best known for ushering in equal treatment for women in sports, but it also governs how schools handle complaints of sexual harassment and assault, a huge issue on many college campuses.

Now the Biden administration is deploying the regulation to formalize its long-standing view that sex discrimination includes discrimination based on gender identity as well as sexual orientation, a direct challenge to conservative policies across the country.
Cooking / Re: Do you like to eat a Pho B...
Last post by Paulie - Today at 01:27:06 AM
It's Pho Chay for me.
Opinions & Editorials / Re: Anti-LGBTQ+ bills keep fai...
Last post by Jessica_K - Yesterday at 11:02:52 PM
Whereas here in the UK it keeps getting worse !!!
Member Blogs / Re: The Story of Lori
Last post by Paulie - Yesterday at 10:40:23 PM
I liked it when records were kept in a file drawer in the Dr. office.  Not as convenient but much more secure.  I'll take the more secure option any time. 

I hope they get the situation straightened out.
Cooking / Re: What are you having for di...
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 09:56:28 PM
A nice salad tonight...

Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by Oldandcreaky - Yesterday at 09:26:53 PM
I look forward to that update. In the meantime, I'm thinking good thoughts for you, Allie.
Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by imallie - Yesterday at 08:49:10 PM
Countdown has begun. T-24 until the email to my sibs goes out. Ran the letter by the boy today. He liked it. He was especially a fan of the line where I said he'd been "incredible" through all this. I told him that still might not make the final edit.  ;D

I'm not scared, but I am anxious. It's akin (sorry for always rolling things back towards sports and/or writing, but it's in my DNA) to the night before an NCAA game. The 4-5 days leading up to it can kind of be a bit exciting. Frenetic, even, as you try to dot ever i, cross every t to get ready. But by the night before? You're just SOOOO ready for it to start you're almost a bit jaded, like "come ON already, let's get this over with."

That's a bit where I am right now.

BTW, I am not saying this will be the case, but I think it's at least possible that I will go dark here at Susan's for a few days, just logistically. Don't read anything into it if that happens. Believe me, if the world blows up I will most certainly find my way here to seek support.

But in all likelihood I will try to post some sort of update on Saturday night, after all the dust settles.

Love,
Allie
Hormone replacement therapy / Re: Third Year Of HRT Changes
Last post by NancyDrew1930 - Yesterday at 07:10:12 PM
Quote from: LoriDee on Yesterday at 02:28:08 PMI was told that T is a much more powerful hormone than E. Which is why we get T-blockers in addition to E. They suspected that like you said, my T was being converted from E. So they took me off Spiro and put me on two other blockers. One prevents T from being produced. The other blocks the T receptors, so if any E is being converted it will have no effect. They still haven't figured out why my E is so low despite continually increasing my dosage over four years. But the small improvements I have experienced are very affirming, like seeing a photo or a glance in the mirror and realizing that is you!

Sorry, I got interrupted earlier, however, before I started HRT, what the doctor's think was happening was that a vast majority of my testosterone was being converted to estrogen by the belly fat (dietitians have concluded that I'm genetically disposed to being overweight) that I had, and since I had had the situation since I was a baby, possible even in the womb (or I might also have PAIS), my body developed as intersex, because my estrogen was probably at the same level as my testosterone or slightly higher, to where my body developed both male and female characteristics and neither to a fully developed form.  (https://health.usnews.com/health-care/for-better/articles/extra-abdominal-weight-in-men-health-risks) (It's interesting how U.S. News mentions 'Belly fat converts naturally-made testosterone into estrogen, which promotes the development and maintenance of female characteristics.')

So as I was saying, before I started MTF HRT, I had never really fully developed my male facial features or other male things. Of course I didn't fully develop my female features either.  However, since starting MTF HRT it is helping my female features to come out more to the world.
Political and Legal News / Trans women sue Montana over n...
Last post by Jessica_Rose - Yesterday at 07:01:58 PM
Trans women sue Montana over new policies that risk their public safety

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trans-women-sue-montana-over-new-policies-that-risk-their-public-safety/ar-AA1ngqNV?ocid=windirect&cvid=c4507d932c714e558e1312aead9786b0&ei=14

Story by Daniel Villarreal (18 Apr 2024)

Two transgender women have filed a class-action lawsuit against Montana and several state agencies over the government's policy forbidding people from changing sex markers on their birth certificates. The inability to change this document puts trans people at risk of discrimination and harassment, the lawsuit's plaintiffs say.

The lawsuit takes issue with a 2022 rule by the Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) stating that the department would only change gender on birth certificates if an individual's sex assigned at birth was misidentified or incorrectly recorded. DPHHS officials said they would not change birth certificate gender markers based on "gender transition, gender identity, or change of gender."

The plaintiffs have asked the court for an injunction against the aforementioned policies. The two plaintiffs say that they represent "all transgender people born in Montana who currently want, or who in the future will want" the sex designation on the identity documents changed. They are represented by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the ACLU of Montana, and the law firm Nixon Peabody LLP, The Hill reported.