Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Recent posts

Fun and Games / Re: Bad jokes and puns
Last post by Jessica_K - Today at 12:26:11 AM
Organisations finances stretched after acquiring a failing knicker elastic company.

In other news:

Man spreads bird on bread as he could not tell stork from butter.

Police seek dish after reports that it has ran away with a spoon.

Experimenting ophthalmologist made a spectacle of himself.

Health guru say only cut pizzas into 6 prices as 8 is too gutty.
Transsexual talk / Re: One valuable thing that Su...
Last post by imallie - Yesterday at 11:25:05 PM
Finding this place prior to finding a therapist (and in fact finding a therapist through a fellow member here), this place was a godsend in feeling part of a community.

I'm not sure it's about meeting people "like you" necessarily, either. People come from all different walks of life, are in all different stages of transition (or some are never going to, and being here is as close as they will come)... but there is a kinship, a lingua Franca that I never had with anyone else in my life before.

I could share these thoughts and feelings, and read something that someone wrote and I would say  "yeah, that reminds me of when I felt like that" and it made me both less alone, and validated.

And even now, as my real life support system grows bigger and deeper roots, it's hard not to be drawn back here often, again to people who speak the same language ... but also to also try to in my own tiny way, pay back the kindness I received in my early days by trying to share things that might make others who feel alone say "yeah, I've felt like that."

Love,
Allie

Transsexual talk / Re: One valuable thing that Su...
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 08:24:47 PM
I am not telling anyone how to dress, I am just giving information about the things that have
worked well for me in my unique situation. 
Everyone has different personal, romantic, family, and employment situations that require a
"custom" approach that they have to determine for themselves and adapt to.

In many of my comments and posts around the Forums I have stated many times about when I relocated
to a small rural conservative town in 2017 when I first came out where I live now as a full-time
woman and started my own woman owned CPA and Financial Advising small business, that because I was
dealing with the financial affairs of my business and individual clients I made a point to blend-in
and not stand-out when attending social events, the town's business meetings and civic events.

I always dress conservatively, no flashy skin bearing outfits, and I always try to exhibit the visual
and personal traits of a responsible and respectable woman. That includes not only appearance,
but also language and importantly, for me, a pleasant, helpful and encouraging demeanor.

My opinion is that flying "under the radar" is a good plan for most coming out transgender men and women
and seems to work well for me in my situation.  When I finally came-out and revealed my "secret" to the
entire town and my new friends... I also made a point to not shove my trans-status in anyone's faces.

In my opinion I feel that I was overwhelmingly accepted because I became involved in local charity events
and various private clubs, gum gals group, running and jogging clubs, hiking clubs, book clubs,
cooking clubs and other activities where I could meet and greet a variety of people, many of which have
become good friends.

My personal motto is if you want friends, smile, be friendly, and be willing to be the first to
say hello and start a conversation.

I regularly invite people to my home for game nights, dinner gatherings, etc.... and I never refuse a
reciprocal invitation, if done too many times one could end up being taken off the invitation list.

You can read my first years at my new home town in my Hunted Prey blog thread
                          I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles   
and my other blog threads shown in my signature line at the bottom of any of my postings.

HUGS, Danielle

Political and Legal News / Re: Nebraska’s proposed transg...
Last post by BlueJaye - Yesterday at 07:28:18 PM
An update on this. Thanks to the testimony of a gay senator, two GOP senators were persuaded to vote against it, which was just enough to prevent it from going any further.

Member Blogs / Re: The Story of Lori
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 05:46:32 PM
When rent goes up it is not always the result of the Landlord's greed....
...increases in property taxes, maintenance costs, changes in local regulations, and
price increases related to additional financial burdens on the Landlord are not
always in their control.

The financial uncertainty in the world today is causing much difficulty for
both Landlords and Renters..... and everyone else.

HUGS, Danielle
Birthdays / Birthday Celebrations - April ...
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 05:30:21 PM
@RaymAnthony   @Foxtran

Dear Members:
  2 members Birthdays to recognize on April 18, 2024
    Wishing each of you a very Happy Birthday
          :icon_flower:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_flower:

What are your plans for your Birthday? 
        Dinner out with friends and family?
            Cake?  Candles?  Special trip?

On your Birthday, check your profile for a special gift...

Again, wishing you well and enjoy your special day.
Warm Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]

Last post by davina61 - Yesterday at 03:40:57 PM
Good news, my rent support was doubled this year .
Member Blogs / Re: Gina's journey
Last post by davina61 - Yesterday at 03:38:17 PM
Take all the wins dear, BTW she was correct.
Last post by LoriDee - Yesterday at 03:29:01 PM
A busy morning today. I had to submit letters of income verification to the property management. My rent is based on income and there are tax credits and things that offset how much my rent is.

The certification came back approved so I had to go back to the Property Manager's office and sign a stack of forms. But my lease has been renewed for another year with no increase in rent. WIN!  :eusa_dance: <--- this is me doing my Happy Dance.  ;D
Introductions / Re: Hi Everyone!
Last post by LoriDee - Yesterday at 03:20:37 PM
@sp884

Welcome to Susan's Place and thank you for the introduction!
I am happy that you have submitted the required information and look forward to helping you as much as possible upon approval. Having not seen the questions yet, I am not sure I will be much help. I am a native English speaker so do not have much experience in foreign languages. I studied Latin in high school a LONG time ago and learned German while stationed in Germany for six and half years. Again that was a long time ago and I haven't had much use of it since returning to the States. I have probably forgotten much more than I remember. Good luck with your research and again welcome aboard.