Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Recent posts

Cooking / Re: What are you having for di...
Last post by LoriDee - Today at 05:00:03 PM
Tonight will be roasted cornish hen, potato wedges, and Brussels sprouts.
Member Blogs / Re: The Story of Lori
Last post by davina61 - Today at 04:57:23 PM
Better than a floordrobe, 50 min wash and dry setting is my normal and then hang it on the drying rack in my bedroom for a few days. Sometimes it just gets folded and goes on the chest of drawers.
Opinions & Editorials / Re: Anti-LGBTQ+ bills keep fai...
Last post by BlueJaye - Today at 03:18:33 PM
I certainly hope that we are hearing the death rattles of MAGA.
Quote from: LoriDee on Today at 02:28:08 PMI was told that T is a much more powerful hormone than E. Which is why we get T-blockers in addition to E. They suspected that like you said, my T was being converted from E. So they took me off Spiro and put me on two other blockers. One prevents T from being produced. The other blocks the T receptors, so if any E is being converted it will have no effect. They still haven't figured out why my E is so low despite continually increasing my dosage over four years. But the small improvements I have experienced are very affirming, like seeing a photo or a glance in the mirror and realizing that is you!

No, for me my E levels are good.  However, before I started HRT, I had been tested a few times for my testosterone levels over my life, and they always showed me testosterone back then being on the border of being low.
Last post by LoriDee - Today at 02:30:29 PM
My typical laundry schedule:

Wash Machine: 40 minutes
Dryer:  50 minutes

Folding and putting away:  3 - 5 business days.

That's why we have chairs in our bedroom.  ;D
Hormone replacement therapy / Re: Third Year Of HRT Changes
Last post by LoriDee - Today at 02:28:08 PM
I was told that T is a much more powerful hormone than E. Which is why we get T-blockers in addition to E. They suspected that like you said, my T was being converted from E. So they took me off Spiro and put me on two other blockers. One prevents T from being produced. The other blocks the T receptors, so if any E is being converted it will have no effect. They still haven't figured out why my E is so low despite continually increasing my dosage over four years. But the small improvements I have experienced are very affirming, like seeing a photo or a glance in the mirror and realizing that is you!
Fun and Games / Re: Bad jokes and puns
Last post by davina61 - Today at 01:37:02 PM
What's brown and come steaming backwards out of Cowes, the isle of Wight ferry.
Research Topics / Re: Dissertation Research
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Today at 01:36:19 PM
I have approved the requested survey by new member sp884 and it is now approved and posted on the Forum.

Undergraduate Dissertation Research- Grammatical Gendered Languages
Link -->  https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247894.0.html

Danielle 
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 15, 2024, 09:09:42 PMNot just at the three year milestone, but earlier, my face filled out.
My rear has not, thus there is not a 10-12 inch difference between my waist and hips.

Smooth skin?  Or perhaps better said as smoother feeling skin?  Yes, some of that too.  Not to be mistaken with softened hot water and soap when taking a shower, that feels smooth too. 

Chrissy

I'm noticing that my face is getting more feminine—-of course because of my intersex condition it never really developed the brow ridges and other masculine features (from what my doctors can tell for most of my life before HRT my testosterone was sitting right on the border of the "crossover" zone where the say if males are in there they have low testosterone but if women are in it then they have high testosterone.  So they figure my natural estrogen during my puberty was doing more than most males—-however I also carried a lot in the stomach so they think a lot of my testosterone was converted to estrogen from the aromatase in my belly fat), so I never had those strong masculine facial features and it also helps explain why I have managed to maintain my early-twenties look when I am in my early-forties.

Last night I was out for dinner with a group I volunteer with, and I'm not out to them, however I just saw a photo on Facebook and I was in the back in the photo, and at first I was like "Who's that woman?  I don't recall seeing her there."  Then I realized that it was me!  The way I had my hair, I really had that feminine look even though I was presenting male.
Last post by LoriDee - Today at 12:25:37 PM
I got an update on my voice training today.

{Back Story} The VA Trans Care Coordinator submitted a request for the lessons. The request was approved and the Voice Coach at the Iowa City VA called and set up an appointment for my first visit. I was to go to my local VA Clinic and we would do a telemedicine appointment there.

About a week before my appointment, my Care Coordinator said my appointment had to be canceled due to "technical issues". She agreed to look into it and said if the issue could not be resolved, they would give me an iPad so I could do the lessons from home. Our VA Clinic here in Rapid City is brand new. Very modern looking with state-of-the-art technology. I assumed that some IT guy checked the router and ... no router. But such was not the case.

Two weeks went by and I asked my Care Coordinator if they had fixed the "technical issue" yet, and if it was going to take time (ordering parts or whatever), then they should set me up with the iPad and reschedule my appointment.

This morning the Care Coordinator told me that the reason they canceled the appointment was not due to telemedicine connection issues. The problem is that the VA in Rapid City does not have an "agreement" with Iowa City to provide care to me, since I am not a patient of Iowa City VA.  ???

The paperwork has been submitted so that the VA can share my records with the VA and I can be treated by the VA.

Meanwhile, they cannot seem to figure out who is entering someone else's information into my records. Apparently, it is acceptable to reference (in my records) someone who has a different name and a different Medicare account number. Apparently, it is acceptable to allow someone to change my Primary VA Healthcare Facility to places I have never been to. However, when it comes to in-house VA care, they will not allow the VA to access my VA records without an agreement between the VA and the VA.  ???

Fortunately, I have been in contact with our Privacy Officer whose job it is to ensure that medical data is kept confidential. He is quite concerned that I have someone else's data in my records and this is under investigation. I have since had my files marked as "Private" which does nothing to prevent information flowing one way or the other. It causes a log to be created that can trace any information changes so I can find out who requested it.

So other than that, my day is going great.  ;D