Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Recent posts

Member Blogs / Re: A day in the life of Jessi...
Last post by REM.1126 - Today at 09:34:54 PM
Yes, a backlash is happening.  Of course, where I live it never got better, so the backlash is getting worse than ever.
Member Blogs / Re: Jessica's Rose Garden
Last post by REM.1126 - Today at 09:07:39 PM
My grandfather, father and father-in-law all worked and saved to the end.  They did enjoy some nice things, but particularly my grandfather and father lived on a small fraction of what they earned.  My grandfather never went on a single vacation (was worth millions). My dad went on a few, but was afraid to be away from his business more than 4 days.

Maybe they enjoyed working?  Maybe I tell myself they did because otherwise it is sad.

My father-in-law planned to see the country when he retired, with his wife in an RV.  Then, his health became so bad he had to quit work, and wasn't able to travel. 

My advice is, work some, play some, save a good bit, but spend wisely on yourself and those you love.  Make memories with the people you love. Spend time with them doing stimulating things. And, see what you can of the world.
Birthdays / Re: April 26, 2024 - Member Bi...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 07:23:55 PM
Happy birthday to each of you!

Chrissy
Cooking / Re: What are you having for di...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 07:22:59 PM
Looks like it will be a Chinese buffet meal this Friday evening.

Chrissy
White House bolsters transgender health protections, rolls back Trump admin rule

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/white-house-bolsters-transgender-health-protections-rolls-back-trump-admin-rule/ar-AA1nJY0w?ocid=windirect&cvid=b808de6a3fae42559df255deb930308f&ei=61

Story by Nathaniel Weixel (26 April 2024)

The Biden administration is bolstering health care protections against discrimination for gay and transgender people, reversing a Trump administration rule that gutted the protections.

In a wide-ranging final rule released Friday, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) strengthened the Affordable Care Act's (ACA) rules that prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex, including on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity, in certain health programs and activities. 

"Today's rule is a giant step forward for this country toward a more equitable and inclusive health care system, and means that Americans across the country now have a clear way to act on their rights against discrimination when they go to the doctor, talk with their health plan, or engage with health programs run by HHS," HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra said in a statement.

The rule involves protections in Section 1557 of the ACA that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age and disability in certain health programs and activities.

Advocates were concerned that the previous policies would have made it easier for doctors, hospitals and insurance companies to deny care or coverage to transgender and nonbinary patients, as well as women who have had abortions.

If I were a librarian in Alabama, I would post a sign at the library entrance stating that children under a certain age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian as required by state law. Let the parents fight the legislature for you.
Last post by LoriDee - Today at 05:18:53 PM
My favorite meal is breakfast. I hate cooking in the morning, and usually not very hungry then anyway. But I love breakfast foods. So I have breakfast for dinner. Tonight will be apple pancakes and eggs.
Member Blogs / Re: Danielle's Continuing Life...
Last post by LoriDee - Today at 05:17:06 PM
Beautiful scenery and yummy food.
And friends and shopping.
What a vacation! Thanks for sharing!
Be safe.
Last post by Maid Marion - Today at 05:16:18 PM
Takeout sushi. 
After a busy time at my office during the tax season ... especially March and
the first half of April, I am taking time off to take take a mini-vacation
and time off to take a road trip with my Tooth Fairy around the state.

Started out on Wednesday morning April 24th...
On my vacation road trip with my Tooth Fairy....
... at noon we arrived in Fairbanks.... time for shopping at a big mall
where there is a large variety of clothing and home goods that are not
readily available where we live.
We stayed the night in Fairbanks then the next morning we continued on
our way with our trip, planning to get back home on the weekend.

Thursday, April 25th:  We have been on the road all day, we stopped at a
nowhere little side of the road town and checked in to a motel and now we
are getting dinner....  Turkey Club sandwich and Clam Chowder for me, and
Tooth Fairy has a Deluxe Cheeseburger and Onion Rings....

It tasted as good as it looks..... and we were hungry...
we didn't stop for lunch after we had breakfast.    I could not eat it all,
so I took the left overs into our motel and might have the rest for lunch
tomorrow.... there is a small refrigerator in the room so that is a good thing.

Lots of nice scenery today....

Friday, April 25th:  As I had mentioned, Tooth Fairy and I started out
going to Fairbanks on Wednesday .... a nice bigger city with lots of shopping that is not
available where we live.... we kinda went nuts buying clothes....  on the way
back from heading in other directions around Alaska we are going back to Fairbanks
to fill the SUV to overflowing with a final shopping trip to Costco for some
groceries and other stuff.

I will update later as my time permits....  returning home on Saturday or Sunday.

HUGS, Danielle