Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Recent posts

Member Blogs / Re: Danielle's Continuing Life...
Last post by Sarah B - Today at 10:52:20 PM
Hi Danielle and Tooth Fairy

I love the pictures especially the mountain view with the water and the food looks so delicious I could eat it off the screen.

Sounds like your shopping spree is based on the; "out with the old and in with the new".  That definitely is a vacation to remember, short (should be longer) and sweet.  As long as you have fun that is the main thing.

As Lori says; "stay safe and thank you for sharing your vacation with us"

Take care and have a nice weekend and when you get home please let us know that you arrived safely.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Birthdays / Birthday Celebrations - Member...
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Today at 10:31:48 PM
@Linde  @MadelineB  @Tara P 
    @Brody Brown  @Max  @Blackwaters427 
          @MyNameIsElla  @Taius 

Dear Members:
  8 members Birthdays to recognize on April 27, 2024

Wishing each of you a very Happy Birthday
      :icon_flower:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_flower:

On your birthday, check your profile for a special gift...

Again, wishing you well and enjoy your special day.

Warm Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]

Member Blogs / Re: A day in the life of Jessi...
Last post by REM.1126 - Today at 09:34:54 PM
Yes, a backlash is happening.  Of course, where I live it never got better, so the backlash is getting worse than ever.
Member Blogs / Re: Jessica's Rose Garden
Last post by REM.1126 - Today at 09:07:39 PM
My grandfather, father and father-in-law all worked and saved to the end.  They did enjoy some nice things, but particularly my grandfather and father lived on a small fraction of what they earned.  My grandfather never went on a single vacation (was worth millions). My dad went on a few, but was afraid to be away from his business more than 4 days.

Maybe they enjoyed working?  Maybe I tell myself they did because otherwise it is sad.

My father-in-law planned to see the country when he retired, with his wife in an RV.  Then, his health became so bad he had to quit work, and wasn't able to travel. 

My advice is, work some, play some, save a good bit, but spend wisely on yourself and those you love.  Make memories with the people you love. Spend time with them doing stimulating things. And, see what you can of the world.
Birthdays / Re: April 26, 2024 - Member Bi...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 07:23:55 PM
Happy birthday to each of you!

Chrissy
Cooking / Re: What are you having for di...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 07:22:59 PM
Looks like it will be a Chinese buffet meal this Friday evening.

Chrissy
White House bolsters transgender health protections, rolls back Trump admin rule

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/white-house-bolsters-transgender-health-protections-rolls-back-trump-admin-rule/ar-AA1nJY0w?ocid=windirect&cvid=b808de6a3fae42559df255deb930308f&ei=61

Story by Nathaniel Weixel (26 April 2024)

The Biden administration is bolstering health care protections against discrimination for gay and transgender people, reversing a Trump administration rule that gutted the protections.

In a wide-ranging final rule released Friday, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) strengthened the Affordable Care Act's (ACA) rules that prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex, including on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity, in certain health programs and activities. 

"Today's rule is a giant step forward for this country toward a more equitable and inclusive health care system, and means that Americans across the country now have a clear way to act on their rights against discrimination when they go to the doctor, talk with their health plan, or engage with health programs run by HHS," HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra said in a statement.

The rule involves protections in Section 1557 of the ACA that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age and disability in certain health programs and activities.

Advocates were concerned that the previous policies would have made it easier for doctors, hospitals and insurance companies to deny care or coverage to transgender and nonbinary patients, as well as women who have had abortions.

If I were a librarian in Alabama, I would post a sign at the library entrance stating that children under a certain age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian as required by state law. Let the parents fight the legislature for you.
Cooking / Re: What are you having for di...
Last post by LoriDee - Today at 05:18:53 PM
My favorite meal is breakfast. I hate cooking in the morning, and usually not very hungry then anyway. But I love breakfast foods. So I have breakfast for dinner. Tonight will be apple pancakes and eggs.
Member Blogs / Re: Danielle's Continuing Life...
Last post by LoriDee - Today at 05:17:06 PM
Beautiful scenery and yummy food.
And friends and shopping.
What a vacation! Thanks for sharing!
Be safe.