Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Recent posts

Cooking / Re: Do you enjoy Asian food?
Last post by Jessica_K - Today at 12:05:26 AM
I love and eat almost exclusively Asian or Far Eastern food. I cook it myself.

A lot are simple Indian dishes such as dhals and chickpea. Over the years like every Indian mother I have developed my own spices ( no I am not indian) so they are pretty authentic and have a very high heat tolerance so have to tone the spices down for guests.

One of my favourite dishes is a side called bhindi kurkuri
Or crispy/fried okra in English. Okra marinated in spiced Gram flour (chickpea) and baked/fried until crisp.

I have cooked a little Chinese and Japanese food, but normally I go to restaurants fave food is salt and chilli soft shelled crab (Chinese) and sushi (Japanese). I have been lucky to have gone to Japan so I know what it is meant to taste like. It's pretty good here if you keep away from the chains.

Hugs
Jessica xxx
Hormone replacement therapy / Re: Patches
Last post by LoriDee - Yesterday at 11:17:03 PM
Thanks, Courtney!

I've found I don't notice the peak, but the trough. It's more like I get moody and irritable, then I remember that tomorrow is patch day. That was with the Mylan patches. With the Grove patches, I still notice it but not to the same extreme. I also noticed that the difference between the two brands is the formulation. Grove patches deliver estradiol whereas Mylan patches deliver estradiol hemihydrate. I read the pamphlet that comes in the box with the patches.

I don't know what that means chemically, but apparently, my body knows the difference. We will see what my labs say in June.
Last post by Courtney G - Yesterday at 11:02:02 PM
Quote from: LoriDee on March 18, 2024, 09:43:15 AMIt will be interesting to see the difference. My new Grove patches arrive today, but labs are not until April 8th. Hopefully, we can both start hitting our target levels. Let us know the results, if you don't mind.

My labs results using 2x .100mg/day Grove patches + 50mg/day spiro was spot on:
Estradiol: 220 pg/mL
Testosterone: 25 ng/dL
I happened to meet with my endo today and she was very happy with the numbers. I should point out that I tested closer to peak than trough. I replaced my patches on a Monday evening and got tested on Tuesday afternoon. Even though patches are supposed to have a very even delivery rate, I've found that I can "feel" the highest E level the day after Patch Day, followed by a reduction for the next couple of days until I'm due to replace them. Most notable is breast tenderness, which always peaks on the day after I replace the patches. I still have a pretty fast metabolism, so I think I "burn up" the medication faster than some.
Birthdays / April 24, 2024 - Birthdays - M...
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 10:58:01 PM
@Late bloomer  @Shodan  @AshleyC 
@Tad  @Urban Christina  @MadisonMN

Dear Members:
Everyone here on the Forum are wishing you a  VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                                                :icon_flower:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_flower:

I hope that your birthday includes:  CAKE
                                                              CANDLES
                                                                    Friends and Family

Please be certain to look at your profile on your Birthday and find a special gift.

Warm wishes to you on your Special Day and your Birthday...
Danielle

Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 09:58:34 PM
  Fax   Facts
Last post by imallie - Yesterday at 09:49:56 PM
Quote from: LoriDee on Yesterday at 08:36:18 PMI change patches twice a week and wear three at a time. I put all three on the left side on Tuesdays and the right side on Fridays. I also use an IV Hand Dressing to cover them so clothing doesn't rub them off. The brand is IV 3000 and they work great. I like them better than Tagederm. Waterproof yet porous so skin can breathe. No problems with patch residue when they come off. It seems the residue is just dust/lint that collects on the glue at the edge of the patch. With the dressing over them, the edges are not exposed.

Yeah, I just change weekly... and I've been alternating sides.

I have no problem with the patches staying on... I do have a bit of an issue with the residue (sometimes the first night of a patch, a little gets on the sheets in the bed) but otherwise no other issues.

So I think based on what you're saying I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing — just add the second patch. So two patches on one side, and then move them to the other side the next week.

Curious to see what this 50% increase will do and if I'll notice a change!!
Cooking / Re: What are you having for di...
Last post by LoriDee - Yesterday at 08:37:36 PM
Grilled cheese sammiches. yum
Last post by LoriDee - Yesterday at 08:36:18 PM
I change patches twice a week and wear three at a time. I put all three on the left side on Tuesdays and the right side on Fridays. I also use an IV Hand Dressing to cover them so clothing doesn't rub them off. The brand is IV 3000 and they work great. I like them better than Tagederm. Waterproof yet porous so skin can breathe. No problems with patch residue when they come off. It seems the residue is just dust/lint that collects on the glue at the edge of the patch. With the dressing over them, the edges are not exposed.
Last post by imallie - Yesterday at 08:26:38 PM
Hey all - a patches question for you.

My endo just upped my dose to 0.15/week... which means a 0.1 patch and a 0.05 patch.

This will be the first time I've worn multiple patches. Is there any particular strategy to maximize efficacy? Or is it just the same as with one — meaning just put them in the same places I normally put my one, and it's fine if I put two in the same area, or one on each side of my body, etc - that doesn't matter?

Just curious how those who have done this have played this in the past.

Thanks!
Allie