Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Recent posts

Same as Chrissy, I haven't needed to change my birth certificate. I have state and federal photo IDs and if I go to get a passport, my old birth certificate and name-change order are sufficient. There is no longer a requirement to document gender change. You choose what you want even if it doesn't match your other documents.
Member Blogs / Re: The Story of Lori
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 09:13:16 AM
I can put "tons of books" on my electronic tablet yet its weight remains constant.

Absolutely amazing.

Hehehe I am a silly woman at times.
Member Blogs / Re: The Story of Lori
Last post by Sarah B - Today at 09:07:09 AM
Hi Everyone

Arriving in Sydney 35 years ago and within 3 months I was living and working as a female.  I had no makeup or voice lessons.  I taught myself and of course there was no YouTube then to learn from.  In addition I dressed appropriately for my age, work and the social occasion.

The only information that I had at the time was a book on plaits and a book on makeup (I'm not sure on this book).  If I do have that book it is still within my collection of books.  I will soon be unpacking my books and when I come across those books I will list those books that helped me no end.

Why after all that time, would I still have those books?  Simple, I love books.

I keep my privacy private, in other words I do not tell any government department about my 'medical condition' and that includes 'doctors' or any organization as well, except for the few doctors that I have revealed my condition to recently, I emphasize that is not to be recorded in their computer systems.  This ensures I have no hassles whatsoever.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend that is coming your way

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
I have not had my documentation changed but when I want to I would like to be able to, wherever I may be in the USA.

I do not seem to need to show my ID much at all except at airports, and very occasionally when I use a credit card that is handed over to a cashier.   Most of the time you can use those credit card readers.
Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 08:55:55 AM
Giving receiving
Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 08:55:19 AM
Musical
Cooking / Re: What are you having for di...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 08:54:29 AM
Yesterday I had a half slab of Saint Louis style pork ribs.  This cut of rib is the same as untrimmed pork spare ribs.
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 08:52:48 AM
On Wednesday I had salmon.
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 08:52:24 AM
Tuesday I ate some crabmeat (canned) on top of a typical salad.
Member Blogs / Re: Davina's diary
Last post by Maid Marion - Today at 08:36:53 AM
Except for my willow, I don't recall seeing a successful examples of pollarding in USA.

I have seen a lot of disasters with ornamental cherry trees. Way too much cutting and not enough leaves for the plant to survive, much less thrive.
I was able to move my weeping cherry tree after ten years to a protected spot near a boxwood hedge.  It is doing great and has gotten bigger! I may let the hedge grow tall near the tree as the bloom is better if the cherry branches are protected and not so much bloom at the top.