Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Recent posts

Tennessee schools would have to out transgender students to parents under bill heading to governor

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tennessee-schools-would-have-to-out-transgender-students-to-parents-under-bill-heading-to-governor/ar-BB1lG2X6?ocid=windirect&cvid=ceda0d9c41df4752a53c8a531c828292&ei=28

Story by JONATHAN MATTISE and KIMBERLEE KRUESI (15 April 2024)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee would join the ranks of states where public school employees have to out transgender students to their parents under a bill advancing in the Republican-supermajority Legislature.

During Monday's limited but heated House floor hearing, Democrats took turns alleging that their Republican colleagues were constantly finding new ways to bully LGBTQ+ kids.

"These are the most vulnerable kids in our state who are just trying to make it out of middle school alive," said Democratic Rep. Aftyn Behn. "And we are weaponizing their identities instead of actually passing bills that help Tennesseans."

Audible gasps could be heard from the public galleries when the bill's sponsor, Republican Rep. Mary Littleton, argued that the legislation was needed so parents could know if their student would need therapy.

"I feel like the parents, they have the right to know what's happening in the school with their children," Littleton said. "And I also think that possibly they could get that child some therapy that could help them solve their problems and make their way through school."

Littleton also confirmed she did not speak to any transgender students before introducing the proposal but said some teachers had told her that they did not want the responsibility of having such information.

Supreme Court allows Idaho to enforce its ban on gender-affirming care for transgender youth

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/supreme-court-allows-idaho-to-enforce-its-ban-on-gender-affirming-care-for-transgender-youth/ar-BB1lFWd6?ocid=windirect&cvid=403731e81dae4f04ba6a4a4dcf038819&ei=17

The Associated Press (15 April 2024)

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is allowing Idaho to enforce its ban on gender-affirming care for transgender youth while lawsuits over the law proceed, reversing lower courts.

The justices' order Monday allows the state to put in a place a 2023 law that subjects physicians to up to 10 years in prison if they provide hormones, puberty blockers or other gender-affirming care to people under age 18.

The court's three liberal justices would have kept the law on hold. Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson wrote that it would have been better to let the case proceed "unfettered by our intervention."

A federal judge in Idaho had blocked the law in its entirety after determining that it was necessary to do so to protect the teens...

Lawyers for the teens wrote in court papers that the teens' "gender dysphoria has been dramatically alleviated as a result of puberty blockers and estrogen therapy."

The American Civil Liberties Union... called the Supreme Court's order "an awful result for transgender youth and their families across the state. Today's ruling allows the state to shut down the care that thousands of families rely on while sowing further confusion and disruption."

Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by Gina P - Today at 05:54:08 AM
Its always good to be prepared but not to worry to much about the 'what if's'. Let yourself enjoy the moment and things always go smoother than trying to rehearse every scenario. 
I met an old friend in a dinner for my first coming out. She just stared at me for a few minutes then it was as if nothing was different. I look back at those days and the anxiety was incredible. Now, as all things, it gets much much easier without the 'firsts.' 
Hugs Gina 
Crossdresser talk / Re: Feminize for my Wife only
Last post by SatinLover - Today at 05:42:28 AM
Quote from: she she on Yesterday at 10:12:09 PMThere is a forum that would fill your interest.    I would PM it to you in your private message's but my attempt to sent it to you fails

Thanks for your efforts to help me.. I don't know why it failed and IDK how PM works over here.. Getting error "You are not allowed to access this section" when I click member name.. and there is no option to send a message in PM section :(
Cooking / Re: What are you having for di...
Last post by big kim - Today at 03:49:10 AM
Last of my sausage casserole
Member Blogs / Re: Davina's diary
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:18:51 AM
Thanks every one, the ex and the kids all sent a text. Debs came over and brought me a box of dark chocolates and red wine and then my eldest came over with card and wine. Was a good day, back rested and cooking came out great. Ate to much with 2 bowls of trifle and a load of chocs.
 Off to do my friend in the hot rod club wiring on his 48? Vauxhall Velox with a 350 Chevy engine, looks like it will be a head scratcher to sort. 
Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:08:29 AM
indulgent           frugal     
Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:06:50 AM
recharged
Member Blogs / Re: Sarah B's Story
Last post by Sarah B - Today at 01:45:00 AM
Hi Paulie

Welcome to my Story!  You mentioned in your post

Quote from: Paulie on Today at 01:18:24 AMI'm not a fan of changing times and I much prefer face to face too.  I hope you don't have much to talk about with your telehealth call.  We're looking to hear more good news.

Seems odd, one does hope they know what they're doing.

No, there will not be much too talk about as there will be only two issues, the 'hip' problem and of course the weeing problem.  The first will take time to heal and the second problem there are only three options, do nothing for the time being, take tablets to relieve the symptoms and the final option is surgery.

I do not like taking tablets unless its absolutely necessary and these tablets would 'out' me as they are only for males and I do not want that, so I will put up with weeing problem.  Which leaves surgery and this is what I want without hesitation.  I had already decided this outcome after finding out that I had BPH.  However this surgery is not lightly entered as the main concern is incontinence.  The other two concerns were taken care of long time ago, when I had surgery!  So I will wait and see which way the wind blows.

So long story short I will know a little bit more about what I'm going to do in the future.  Old age is creeping up and its only recently that I have been more cognizant of that fact and I don't like it one bit.  "Such is life".

Quote from: Paulie on Today at 01:18:24 AMGlad  you're in overall good health.

Warm Regrds,
Paulie.

Thank you for your kind words and I hope you are well also and things are going well with you.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@Paulie
Member Blogs / Re: Sarah B's Story
Last post by Paulie - Today at 01:18:24 AM
Quote from: Sarah B on Yesterday at 09:35:11 PMI still have a problem with weeing.  When I last visited my current GP this particular issue was not discussed, because if I remember Dr Alice was waiting on results from scans on my kidneys and bladder.  I have made a future appointment, which will be a Telehealth Phone call in a couple of weeks, yes that's right, times are changing.  I prefer face to face, but distance and time precludes from having the face to face talk.

I'm not a fan of changing times and I much prefer face to face too.  I hope you don't have much to talk about with your telehealth call.  We're looking to hear more good news.

Quote from: Sarah B on Yesterday at 09:35:11 PMI believe at the moment it is a tear and Dr Alice ordered a couple more tests, xray and ultra sound, the technician that did the ultra sound did extensive scanning of the bones, and very little time was spent on the area where it is painful.  Go figure.

Seems odd, one does hope they know what they're doing.

Glad  you're in overall good health.

Warm Regrds,
Paulie.