Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Recent posts

Military Veterans Confab / Re: Austraian ANZAC day
Last post by Allie Jayne - Today at 01:02:34 AM
Lest We Forget, the legacy of the ANZACS waned late last century, but it has been revived in recent decades.

Hugs,

Allie
Cooking / Re: Do you enjoy Asian food?
Last post by Jessica_K - Today at 12:37:10 AM
I was going to say US Chinese is very different to UK and I am not so keen on it. Similar US Indian food has been modified for US palette too. Here in UK there are parts where large numbers of Indian descent live and that influenced the food.
Last post by Maid Marion - Yesterday at 11:07:18 PM
A lot of "Chinese" food has been adapted for Americans but if you hunt around you may be able to find authentic Chinese food that may be more to your taste.
Last post by Oldandcreaky - Yesterday at 10:16:57 PM
I ate Japanese tonight. Yum. And I love Indian cuisine. And I WISH I loved Chinese food, for it seems so healthy and is so pretty, but I'm not a big fan of their spicing.
Birthdays / Members - Birtthdays - April 2...
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 10:00:52 PM
@Ryan55  @Sena   @jacob.ayden.averi

8 Members Birthdays to recognize on April 25, 2024

Wishing each of you a very Happy Birthday
          :icon_flower:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_flower:

What are your plans for your Birthday? 
        Dinner out with friends and family?
            Cake?  Candles?  Special trip?

On your Birthday, check your profile for a special gift...

Again, wishing you well and enjoy your special day.
Warm Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]

Member Blogs / Re: Live From NY...It's Me :)
Last post by JamieInNYC - Yesterday at 09:44:34 PM
I've gotten wigs from Amazon. eventually/ultimately I will have to get to someplace to get mine styled, and/or upgrade things a bit. odds are the hair won't ever be where i'd like it to be naturally, so wigs work.

everything else is amazon/torrid for me.
It would be nice to know what he has to say. But only share what you are comfortable sharing.
I was taught that 90% of the things we worry about never happen.
Good luck tomorrow. Hoping for good news for you.
Military Veterans Confab / Austraian ANZAC day
Last post by Sarah B - Yesterday at 08:34:53 PM
Hi Everyone

Today is  ANZAC day here in Australia a national public holiday.  I asked Danielle on where I should post a story on this auspicious day.  She replied to me and said; "in my own blog". So I created the post and posted it in 'Sarah's Story', click on this link to read it, Australia's ANZAC day.

Danielle informed me that Military Veterans Confab is not just American and can have posts from other countries as well, including British commonwealth countries, it is an international forum.

This special day here in Australia is extremely important and should be told far and wide.  Danielle, using the information from my post, wrote the following post and asked me if I would post it here in the Military Veterans Confab, thread, If I wanted to do so.  My answer is an emphatic 'Yes', with out any further delay here it is:

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on Yesterday at 05:06:45 PMPlease feel free to post this... it is a very important thing to share.
HUGS, Danielle

Topic subject title :  ANZAC - Australian and New Zealand Army Corps day
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
                  ANZAC - Australian and New Zealand Army Corps day

Today is the 25 of April (25/04/2024) and here in Australia, is a national public holiday, where everything
is basically shut down, except the few places, usually gas stations that are open ...
...recognizing the importance of ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps day).

ANZAC Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates
all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations"
and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served."

I have watched many ANZAC parades that take place along George Street, when I lived in Sydney. 
Over the years the parade has got bigger and more elaborate.

At the commemoration ceremonies that take place around the country, even the smallest town does
not let this day go by.

My heartfelt THANK YOU to our military Veteran's that fought for our freedoms.

Sarah B and Danielle

I have included Danielle's name (underlined) at the bottom as I recognize that importance of this day being spread far and wide.

Thank you for reading.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Member Blogs / Re: Davina's diary
Last post by imallie - Yesterday at 07:54:17 PM
Haven't tried actual baking in the air fryer - curious as to how it goes and what are the benefits?

Made sweet potato fries in the air fryer to go with our dinner tonight and I think I've both finally got them as crispy as I can, and accepted that sweet potato fries simply don't get nearly as crispy as regular fries so there's a limit.

Quote from: LoriDee on Yesterday at 07:16:10 PMHello Dogstatic!

Welcome to Susan's Place.

I am on different medication than you are, so my experience would be different. If this is something that is concerning to you, I would highly recommend that you speak to your doctor about it. I say this for several reasons. No one here knows your medical history and we cannot dispense medical advice. Your doctor will know what meds you are being given, and at what dose, and can make adjustments as needed. Your doctor can also perform a breast exam or even order a mammogram to see what is happening there. If there is a problem, your doctor will know how to handle that.

It may not be a problem at all. Breasts do change size and shape throughout our lifetimes. It is not always about hormones and diet. The endocrine system is a complex part of our bodies and I think that your best option is to talk to someone that knows you and your body.

I hope this helps in some way.

Again, welcome to Susan's Place!

Lori Dee

Thanks for the reply!

I see what you mean, I'm actually seeing my endocrinologist tomorrow, so I'm going to bring it up to him and see what he has to say. I have a tendency to jump to the worst possible conclusion, so it doesn't really do me much good to obsess over this stuff, I really hope he can help clear this up for me.