Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Recent posts

Member Blogs / Re: Marion's Retirement
Last post by Maid Marion - Today at 07:36:51 AM
I got my new flannel lined Eddy Bauer jeans!  They fit perfectly with no need for hemming or a belt!

Dropped an large ugly branch off my maple tree. Most of it, anyway. 
I'm thinking of cutting off the bark near the trunk to let the wood season in place.
Then dropping a much lighter log onto the ground.
I chop up the wood with a bow saw and put it on a huge compost pile!

I harvest the compost or "black gold" to feed my rose bushes.
I know it contains no herbicides, a danger if you buy soil amendments.
The lack of persistence is what makes RoundupSpecial. 
It allows quick replanting without the need for a long wait.

Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by imallie - Today at 07:14:19 AM
All sorts of lovely, lovely responses from my wife's side. In fact we've heard from 6 of 7 sibs already... and assume it's only because the 7th hasn't read it yet.

We have a dinner with four of them (previously planned) for Saturday, we just added a walk on the beach with one sister and brother-in-law when we arrive tomorrow morning, and lunch with another on Sunday on our way home.

So all is good. Not that, in this phase, I really ever had the slightest of doubts.

Still, it's all nice to hear and anytime you can check something off a list for someone like myself, it is extremely satisfying.
Tennessee lawmakers OK bill penalizing adults who help minors receive gender-affirming care

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tennessee-lawmakers-ok-bill-penalizing-adults-who-help-minors-receive-gender-affirming-care/ar-AA1nFVNT?ocid=windirect&cvid=051d8f393abf49eea674ee15b04963f3&ei=38

Story by KIMBERLEE KRUESI (25 April 2024)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee's GOP-controlled Statehouse on Thursday gave their final approval to legislation penalizing adults who help minors receive gender-affirming care without parental consent, clearing the way for the first-in-the-nation proposal to be sent to Gov. Bill Lee's desk for his signature.

Lee, a Republican, hasn't publicly commented on either bill, but supporters are confident he will sign them into law. Lee eagerly approved a sweeping abortion ban and a ban on gender-affirming care for children. He has also never issued a veto during his time as governor.

While the Republican supermajority touted the proposed statutes as necessary to protect parental rights, critics warned about the possible broad application. Violations could range from talking to an adolescent about a website on where to find care to helping that young person travel to another state with looser restrictions on gender-affirming care services.

"Tennessee lawmakers are on the verge of enacting more than twice as many anti-LGBTQ+ laws as any other state, a staggering assault on their own constituents," Cathryn Oakley, senior director of legal policy at the Human Rights Campaign, said in a statement.
Last post by imallie - Today at 06:24:12 AM
Quote from: davina61 on Today at 03:14:53 AMYes if you get invited to the wedding you will have to buy a posh dress, something else to worry about (just kidding dear!!)

😂😂
Member Blogs / Re: Courtney's life begins her...
Last post by Gina P - Today at 05:39:04 AM
Keystone was certainly a fun time, Courtney. Imagine, if you will, a world where Courtney can be out every day. Every day is Keystone and those feelings of comfort in your skin last all day, every day. Not pushing you, but its possible. Hugs
  Your friend Gina
Hormone replacement therapy / Re: Patches
Last post by Moonflower - Today at 05:34:55 AM
Dotti?

My wife is using up her Mylan dots. Her next box is Dotti because that's the only generic brand we found available nearby. Has anyone had experience with it?
Colorado allows anti-LGBTQ+ group to pursue law outing trans students to parents

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/colorado-allows-anti-lgbtq-group-to-pursue-law-outing-trans-students-to-parents/ar-AA1nG5J8?ocid=windirect&cvid=72c79634b6fa4947a71b18e6cf91693a&ei=26

Story by Daniel Villarreal (25 Apr 2024)

Colorado's Supreme Court has said that an anti-LGBTQ+ "parents' rights" group may start collecting signatures to approve Ballot Measure 142, a proposed law that would require schools to out transgender students to their potentially unsupportive parents.

The Colorado Parent Advocacy Network (CPAN) — a group who believe that a "radical agenda" of "indoctrination" in schools has "exploited" children by teaching them "x-rated sex acts" and giving them access to gender-affirming care — wants voters to support a law that would public school representatives to notify a student's parents if their child experiences gender incongruence (that is, identification with a gender different from the one they were assigned at birth.

"We believe this measure is so supportive of our kiddos that do identify as LGBT," Lori Gimelshteyn, CPAN's executive director told KUSA.

"Do people not have anything to do than to interfere in the lives of someone that's different from them?" said Mardi Moore, executive director of Out Boulder County, the local LGBTQ+ advocacy organization. "This is specifically an anti-LGBTQ initiative. The folks behind it have been clear."

A 2022 Trevor Project survey revealed that only 32% of trans and nonbinary youths felt that their home was a supportive and gender-affirming environment.

I think climate change drives transphobia. Our future is so uncertain, so the return of fascism and its promise of certainty, as in "Only I can fix this problem," is driving transphobia. A central tenet of fascism is othering. We're the others. Not even a rich TERF like Rowling is immune to the coming climate reckoning.
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:14:53 AM
Yes if you get invited to the wedding you will have to buy a posh dress, something else to worry about (just kidding dear!!)
Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:08:09 AM
worms