Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Recent posts

Photography / Re: Eclipse
Last post by Iztaccihuatl - Today at 12:30:24 AM
I like this one a lot. It was taken at the end of totality with the first rays of the sun already breaking through, but one can still see a couple of huge solar flares.

Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by Paulie - Today at 12:13:17 AM
unleaded
Fashion / Re: What is your favorite unde...
Last post by Paulie - Today at 12:11:08 AM
I don't know how I missed this topic when it came out. It's one of my favorite topics too.  Bras are my favorite.  I underdressed for 20 years plus.  Panties only for the first 10 or so, and yes butt floss.  I started with very androgynous thongs for many years, and then I added panties with some lace, little bows and such.  It wasn't long before I added bras.  I was stealth at first, but now I'm padding my bras.

When I first started with the pretty panties I got a little thrill every time I had to visit the men's room at work and I got a peek at them.  Now I can take a little peek down my top anytime I want.  It's been years now and I still love seeing a little lace when I look down my front.  Now that I'm getting a little volume of my own in the cups, I find myself looking down my top more often.  Like when I'm leaning over the sink while washing my hands.  No question, bras with lace are my favorite undergarment.
Military Veterans Confab / Re: Roll Call
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Yesterday at 11:20:53 PM
I notice so many dials and things on the cockpit instrument panels.
So complex!

Chrissy
Transitioning / Re: Body dysphoria
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Yesterday at 11:16:50 PM
Quote from: Paulie on Yesterday at 10:35:01 PMDear Chrissy,

My dysphoria really only shows up when I put on certain dresses, some skirts and some jeans too.  Mostly the snug fitting dress though.  I have no shape to my waist and I have that bump in the front.  Theoretically I could do something about both; losing just a few pounds would go a long way to taking care of the waist.  Taking care of the other, well I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for that, but I'd be lying if I said that the though never crossed my mind.  For now, non-op is working for me.  I can get away with high waist or A-line skirts and dresses.  I'm not as self-conscious about the bump in jeans, and the cut of women's jeans does help. 

Dysphoria has never brought me to tears, I was sad to read that yours has.   I'm glad that for the most part you are okay and basically quite happy.  It's nice to hear that your session went well today and I think having an action list sounds like a good thing. 

Logically thinking there would be 3 basic camps on the op/non-op decision.  Those that know it's for them, those that know it's not for them and all of the rest of us somewhere in between.  I hope someday soon you know for sure, which of the other two camps you fall into.

It's good that you are taking your time and thinking it through.  I agree it's not a matter of a right or wrong decision; it's a matter of knowing what's right for you. 

Warm regards from a sister fence sitter.

Hugs,

Paulie.

Paulie,

Thank you for your sharing with me on this matter.

I think I may get a body dysphoria bump when I put on some outfits.  But, when they look nice on me, it is the opposite reaction, that is, these are pleasant, affirming, and satisfying times.  I say to myself, gee you have come a long way. 

Female voice envy gets to me, I admit that. I am a work in progress.

I am working through some needs vs. wants, and a lot of things..  This thinking is good to do.

Chrissy

Military Veterans Confab / Re: Roll Call
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 11:05:51 PM
@LoriDee
Dear LoriDee:
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures from your US ARMY service. 
Looks like you were having lots of "fun"...  Yes, can get mighty cold
in Germany in the winter, perhaps not quite as bone chilling as where
I live in Alaska.

Once again, I will THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Danielle  [Northern Star Girl]
                      US AirForce Veteran... served right after college.
                                    1st Lt   First Lieutenant
                      Much of that time at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas
                      staff at the Air Education and Training Command

Quote from: LoriDee on Yesterday at 09:29:42 PM
Since we are sharing pictures of toys we used to play with, I'll contribute a few:

I had just been assigned to the commander's tank as the gunner. We named the tank "Charlie's Angel". We were in Charlie Company and the commander's tank crew can do no wrong.  ;D

This was taken during the REFORGER war games in Germany in 1984. That was the coldest winter I ever experienced. I got frostbite on my face and I think it took years for me to shake the chill.

This was an annual ARTEP evaluation war game in Hohenfels, Germany. The fog was so thick that hiding tanks was fairly easy. You can see a tank behind the ruins and an Armored Personnel Carrier to the left of it. There are three more tanks in this picture hidden in the fog.

I loved my job!

Last post by ChrissyRyan - Yesterday at 10:53:50 PM
Quote from: Jessica_K on Yesterday at 10:05:20 PMOh Chrissy this so hard to comment on, but I must. My body dysphoria is overwhelming with nothing I can do about it.

For you this is a big step and reading carefully not one that comes naturally in the plan. But plans change, life changes. Questioning is part of life. And good that you can talk about it with an expert, something said many many times to others. And you have plenty of time.

I know the decisions made by you will come from careful assessment of all the facts that will help you to know your path. As said many times we are all different, we are all women inside, what is outside is our difference.

Love you sister
Jessica.

Thank you for your sincere thoughts on this Jessica.

Chrissy
Last post by Paulie - Yesterday at 10:35:01 PM
Dear Chrissy,

My dysphoria really only shows up when I put on certain dresses, some skirts and some jeans too.  Mostly the snug fitting dress though.  I have no shape to my waist and I have that bump in the front.  Theoretically I could do something about both; losing just a few pounds would go a long way to taking care of the waist.  Taking care of the other, well I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for that, but I'd be lying if I said that the though never crossed my mind.  For now, non-op is working for me.  I can get away with high waist or A-line skirts and dresses.  I'm not as self-conscious about the bump in jeans, and the cut of women's jeans does help. 

Dysphoria has never brought me to tears, I was sad to read that yours has.   I'm glad that for the most part you are okay and basically quite happy.  It's nice to hear that your session went well today and I think having an action list sounds like a good thing. 

Logically thinking there would be 3 basic camps on the op/non-op decision.  Those that know it's for them, those that know it's not for them and all of the rest of us somewhere in between.  I hope someday soon you know for sure, which of the other two camps you fall into.

It's good that you are taking your time and thinking it through.  I agree it's not a matter of a right or wrong decision; it's a matter of knowing what's right for you. 

Warm regards from a sister fence sitter.

Hugs,

Paulie.
Transgender talk / Re: For those who think it's o...
Last post by Jessica_K - Yesterday at 10:27:24 PM
Well it seems that here in the UK we have gone back 14+ years with the Cass report on transgender care for young people. It is now saying that being transgender does not really exist and these thoughts are caused by mental illness or other factors such as autism. That talking therapies, a euphemism for conversion, is the way forward.

They are also talk of extending this into adulthood, to 24. Life is going to be dire here soon. Give it a few years and all transgender medical help will tbe banned as we are all ill, and all our human rights will be removed.
Last post by Jessica_K - Yesterday at 10:05:20 PM
Oh Chrissy this so hard to comment on, but I must. My body dysphoria is overwhelming with nothing I can do about it.

For you this is a big step and reading carefully not one that comes naturally in the plan. But plans change, life changes. Questioning is part of life. And good that you can talk about it with an expert, something said many many times to others. And you have plenty of time.

I know the decisions made by you will come from careful assessment of all the facts that will help you to know your path. As said many times we are all different, we are all women inside, what is outside is our difference.

Love you sister
Jessica.