Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Recent posts

Political and Legal News / Re: This trans teen delivered ...
Last post by Devlyn - Today at 08:23:39 AM
Quote from: Asche on Today at 08:16:40 AMWhich state was this?

The article mentions New Hampshire several times, I'm guessing that's where it happened.

Hugs,  Devlyn
Cooking / Re: Do you like to eat a pasty...
Last post by Devlyn - Today at 08:18:40 AM
Quote from: ChrissyRyan on Today at 07:48:09 AMDo you like to eat a pasty?  ("Pass tee")

Apparently from Cornell, England it is big in northern Wisconsin and the Upper peninsula of Michigan (yes, there is a lower peninsula of Michigan), and Australia.

The pasty is in the way similar to a big empanada, almost with a stew inside.  Meat, carrots, onions, potatoes are some ingredients. 

I do, but I'm mainly here to see the moral outrage you're going to cause by saying it's from Cornell.  :laugh:

Also, it's taboo to call one that wasn't made in Cornwall a Cornish pasty. Just like the difference between champagne and sparkling wine.

We ate at the Cornish Pasty Company in Phoenix, Arizona. (I didn't name the restaurant!) They had some crazy variations on pasties, I think I had the Reuben. Delicious...but blasphemy. Definitely blasphemy.

Hugs, Devlyn

*edit: Also, where I lived in Biggleswade there was a local bakery that sold Bedfordshire Clangers.
Political and Legal News / Re: This trans teen delivered ...
Last post by Asche - Today at 08:16:40 AM
Which state was this?
People news / Chest binding made me euphoric...
Last post by Jessica_Rose - Today at 08:15:23 AM
Chest binding made me euphoric. But doing it wrong almost ruined my life.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/chest-binding-made-me-euphoric-but-doing-it-wrong-almost-ruined-my-life/ar-BB1lJ3Fy?ocid=windirect&cvid=8cc362e8eb9443a397d0ccdd9f80eca6&ei=52

Story by Molly Sprayregen (18 April 2024)

In my early thirties, I suffered a binding injury that would end up defining my career... The more I experimented with genderqueer expression, the more apparent it became that I was unseen by the world. And then a friend of a friend offered me one of their old binders.

It was stained from the previous owner's sweat and frayed where it had been cut shorter, but when I put that ratty thing on for the first time, I felt positively euphoric. I was suddenly aware of the dysphoria that I couldn't even name until I felt it abate.

Though binding was an integral part of how I coped with my dysphoria, I had to prioritize my physical health; I'd let it go on too long. I was too injured to bind for short periods—even when it mattered most. Whenever I put on my binder, the crushing ache in my chest became intolerable almost immediately.

In 2015, I heard about a new, safer binder called gc2b. I purchased one immediately. The euphoria returned the minute I put it on. I'd been frozen in place on my gender journey. Now I finally resumed becoming my truth in the world.

Education news / School board reverses decision...
Last post by Jessica_Rose - Today at 07:57:46 AM
School board reverses decision to cancel gay author's talk after community complaints

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/school-board-reverses-decision-to-cancel-gay-author-s-talk-after-community-complaints/ar-AA1nEiVQ?ocid=windirect&cvid=61c9420d806744b9ac9c747b760ba3ce&ei=14

Story by Daniel Villarreal (25 April 2024)

After widespread disapproval, a Pennsylvania school board has reversed its decision to cancel gay actor Maulik Pancholy's anti-bullying speech at a middle school. Board members initially canceled the speech over worries that he'd "impose" his "activism" and "lifestyle" onto students, but it's unclear if Pancholy will re-accept the school's invitation to speak.

On Wednesday night, community members packed a high school auditorium and criticized the board for several hours over its April 15 decision to cancel the talk. The board ultimately voted 5-to-4 to reinstate the invitation, The New York Times reported.

Pauncholy, an Indian-American actor who performed on the comedy TV series 30 Rock and in the children's cartoon series Phineas and Ferb, has authored children's books about gay characters and allies who stand up to bullying and discrimination. He was scheduled to give a talk to Mountain View Middle School in Mechanicsburg.

"While the issue of 'political activism' was cited, statements made publicly by individual board members identified Mr. Pancholy's sexual identity as a factor, an identity shared by many members of our school community," the letter continued. "In doing so, Mr. Pancholy's personhood was reduced to a single aspect, and his ability to communicate a message of anti-bullying and hate was discredited."

Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by Jessica_Rose - Today at 07:52:34 AM
Since   cents
Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 07:49:07 AM
Sects sex
Cooking / Do you like to eat a pasty?
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 07:48:09 AM
Do you like to eat a pasty?  ("Pass tee")

Apparently from Cornell, England it is big in northern Wisconsin and the Upper peninsula of Michigan (yes, there is a lower peninsula of Michigan), and Australia.

The pasty is in the way similar to a big empanada, almost with a stew inside.  Meat, carrots, onions, potatoes are some ingredients. 

Hormone replacement therapy / Re: Patches
Last post by KathyLauren - Today at 07:25:42 AM
Quote from: imallie on April 23, 2024, 08:26:38 PMHey all - a patches question for you.

My endo just upped my dose to 0.15/week... which means a 0.1 patch and a 0.05 patch.

This will be the first time I've worn multiple patches. Is there any particular strategy to maximize efficacy? Or is it just the same as with one — meaning just put them in the same places I normally put my one, and it's fine if I put two in the same area, or one on each side of my body, etc - that doesn't matter?

Just curious how those who have done this have played this in the past.

Thanks!
Allie

I wear two patches, changed every 3.5 days.  I don't notice peaks or troughs.

I change the location on my belly every time I stick on a new pair.  With the old Sandoz generic patches, which were enormous, there was only room for three sites.  So each site got only a 7 day break.  The combination of that plus the caustic adhesive caused severe, painful rashes.

Now I use Estradot patches, which are much smaller and have a more benign adhesive.  There is room on my belly for eight different locations, meaning that I can go a whole month before re-using the same piece of skin.  No more rashes.

The adhesive residue from the old generic patches was water-soluble (which is whey they didn't stick well in the shower), and washed of easily with soap and water.  The Estradot patches use an oil-soluble adhesive, which doesn't wash off easily.  A little bit of bath oil on a makeup pad takes the residue off in a minute or two.  I don't know what brand you use or what adhesive it uses.  But if soap and water don't remove the residue, try oil.
Member Blogs / Re: Davina's diary
Last post by imallie - Today at 06:32:30 AM
Interesting! I do have a AF cookbook, but I haven't gotten around to flipping through it yet. Now you've motivated me to do so! I will go look at the baking recipes and maybe check one out. I'm curious now!