Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Recent posts

Member Blogs / Re: A day in the life of Jessi...
Last post by imallie - Today at 01:40:59 AM
Quote from: Jessica_K on Yesterday at 10:27:14 PMCan't sleep,

I am wide awake @ 3am, and I need to be up at 6am for my 100 mile trip to work.

Why I can't sleep? Cos so much is going around my head. Still no response for my request for a docs letter for a passport update. More battles with the NHS to attempt to get surgery and it looking more and more that I will not get it unless I go private and no chance of that.

I am in limbo and losing hope rapidly. If I was 20 years younger I know I would take all this in my stride. "It will happen at some time" would be my hope for the future. But I don't seem to have that hope anymore, still years of waiting, getting older, getting to old, perhaps losing my health in the waiting years.

I would say I am wondering why I get up in the mornings but for that I have to sleep. I am beginning to think this is the end of my journey.

The NHS would love for my mental state to deteriorate as then they can deny treatment. But this is putting a big stress on it. So giving up is probably better. I will keep taking the pills, keep spending my days as an incomplete woman for as long as I can but this is not the life I was hoping for. 

Jessica

Jessica -

I'm so so sorry you're dealing with all that! Please don't give up hope, though. As you mentioned, that's always what the powers-that-be want... it makes it easier for them when people just give up because of all the walls they put up. Continue to be a rabble rouser.  ;D

But most importantly, you were a complete woman the day you were born. You've spent your life on the journey to get all the pieces aligned in a way that makes you the most fulfilled, and that's valid and wonderful... and while you're a beautiful woman now, if there's more that you personally need, then your journey continues. However please never for a second feel that at whatever point in the journey you are makes you somehow "incomplete." Nothing could be further from the truth.

Love,
Allie
Introductions / Re: Hello, Everyone
Last post by Sarah B - Today at 12:13:24 AM
Hello Yvanektara

My name is Sarah B and I would like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

I glad that Danielle our Forum Administrator has greeted you warmly to Susan's.

I had my surgery like you many years ago and unlike you I like working behind the curtain. I'm a teacher by trade and my philosophy on life is "to pass on my knowledge to others".  I have loved and been loved and so near to being married yet so far.  It hurts you deeply when someone you love dies.

Your experience and knowledge will help other members of Susan's.  You can read about my story (still in progress), in a link listed below my signature.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are transgender and others realize they are non-binary, while others may feel they fit best somewhere else along the gender spectrum. No matter where that may be. You will always be welcome at Susan's Place.

Once you feel comfortable here and if you like maybe you could add a little bit more about yourself in the Introductions Forum. I'm always learning something from other members of Susan's.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact, the Forum Admin Danielle Northern Star Girl alaskandanielle@yahoo.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter

Things that you should read

Member Blogs / Re: Ashley’s Corner 🌻
Last post by tgirlamg - Yesterday at 10:50:59 PM
Quote from: imallie on Yesterday at 07:56:00 PMAshley -

Thanks for posting the photos, I guess.. but you are an AWFUL photographer.

You promise photos of some "old lady" but the way you've cropped them, we can't see her at all!

There's this gorgeous young woman who, apparently, is standing directly in front of your shot in each picture and completely blocking her.

Please.. try to do better in the future. ;)

Love,
Allie

P.S. Yowsa, sweetie. You look amazing!!!!

Allie!

😅 Ha!!! Thanks for the kind words beautiful sister and, of course, the no holds barred critique of my photographic approach... honest feedback is the only way I will grow my photographic skill set!...

You're the best girl!... Thanks again!

Hugs!

A 😀💕🌻
Last post by tgirlamg - Yesterday at 10:42:24 PM
Welcome Aboard Dear Sister!!!

Onward We Go!

Ashley 🙋�♀️💕🌻
Member Blogs / Re: A day in the life of Jessi...
Last post by Jessica_K - Yesterday at 10:27:14 PM
Can't sleep,

I am wide awake @ 3am, and I need to be up at 6am for my 100 mile trip to work.

Why I can't sleep? Cos so much is going around my head. Still no response for my request for a docs letter for a passport update. More battles with the NHS to attempt to get surgery and it looking more and more that I will not get it unless I go private and no chance of that.

I am in limbo and losing hope rapidly. If I was 20 years younger I know I would take all this in my stride. "It will happen at some time" would be my hope for the future. But I don't seem to have that hope anymore, still years of waiting, getting older, getting to old, perhaps losing my health in the waiting years.

I would say I am wondering why I get up in the mornings but for that I have to sleep. I am beginning to think this is the end of my journey.

The NHS would love for my mental state to deteriorate as then they can deny treatment. But this is putting a big stress on it. So giving up is probably better. I will keep taking the pills, keep spending my days as an incomplete woman for as long as I can but this is not the life I was hoping for. 

Jessica
Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by imallie - Yesterday at 10:06:00 PM
Quote from: Oldandcreaky on Yesterday at 08:48:26 PMFunny story, Allie.

On the serious side, I predicted who would and wouldn't be an ally and seriously erred several times. For example, my brother and I were close and he's a liberal and a social worker and therapist. Yeah, he checked all the boxes, but I missed his pattern of anti-LGBT behaviors over decades and that's how he framed me, so I missed out on his support. He goes through the motions with LGBT people today, but his base antipathy is still there. My point is that I missed on a number of predictions because I missed on a number of clues.

I'm very sorry to hear that, on a number of levels. First and foremost because you were once close and are no longer. I'm sure that wound has long healed at this point, but it still leaves a scar.

I'm enigmatic in that I am both optimist and pessimist in equal measure at times. I always want and hope to see the good in people, even when it's not there. And yet I'm also always suspicious of why anyone would treat me with kindness.

So with so many colors of the rainbow on my wife's side I would genuinely be surprised if anyone was non-supportive... on my side .... well, we'll see what happens, I guess. Going in with eyes open. Your story with your brother only reinforces the need to do that on my part.
Wicca / Re: Wicca's Thoughts on Transi...
Last post by SoupSarah - Yesterday at 09:31:47 PM
Quote from: Jacqueline on May 03, 2016, 02:11:16 AMOne site pointed out that one of the first rules of Wicca is
"an it harm none do as ye will"

Hmmm I always thought the first rule of Wicca was 'you do not talk about Wicca'??
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 09:28:46 PM
@Yvanektara
Dear Yvanektara:

I am so very glad that you followed the LINK I gave to you in my Welcome Message to you on another thread earlier today after you posted your very first post on yesterday .... and came here to the Introductions Forum  to tell more members about yourself.

I have to say... your Introduction Post was so very interesting and informative.  You history of your transition, your work and employment, and your life experience offer a glimpse of what it is like to successfully transition... this is important for our members that are still struggling with the trials and tribulations that they are dealing with in their own life transition endeavors. I look forward to your involvement here on the Forum as you visit the various topics and threads and offer your reply comments and thoughts.

Now that you have let many more members know about your arrival on the forums you can expect more friendly and informational comment and thought exchange.

You may even find that you will make new like-minded friends as you get more involved.

Wishing you well, and again, WELCOME !!!
Warmly,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
Transgender talk / Re: Female hobbies
Last post by SoupSarah - Yesterday at 09:27:31 PM
Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 17, 2024, 01:43:52 PMDoes painting your fingernails count as a female hobby?  If so, I guess this counts for me.  If not, it is just a beauty routine I guess.

Chrissy

No, painting fingernails is not a hobby.. I am also not going to tell any man that he cannot have his fingernails painted either (as I quite like a man with polish on).. so neither is it a hobby or female ..  in fact what defines a 'female' hobby - smacks of misogyny to me.. designating what hobbies women are capable of doing??.. yuck
I raised my daughter to play with whatever toys she wanted and do whatever hobbies she wanted to do (you want chemistry sets, go ahead, toy guns, you got it.. you want dolls, okay no problem..play football, dance. great ) I never wanted her to be bashed by gender controlled societal expectations. Her hobbies are varied and she is an avid FPS gamer. I say go girl. 

So please, can someone tell me what exactly is a female hobby and I will happily show you a man who gets enjoyment from that activity
Introductions / Hello, Everyone
Last post by Yvanektara - Yesterday at 09:21:16 PM
Hello, everyone, from Yvanektara:

A few may know me but not from this site. I had never been here previously. I'm M2F, post-op for many years and have been visible in the trans community for a quarter century; even longer in writing communities as one focusing upon spiritualities, religions, and philosophies while working for civil rights causes. Right now, I'm using a different handle because the struggle for our right to exist now primarily goes to the next generation and it's for me not to tell a lengthy story, but to support their voices as much as possible. Some amazing people are rising up now and I admire them no less than I admired those of my own generation decades ago. It's their time, not mine. I'm okay with that.

These days I work for a radio station in the Pacific Northwest as an office manager, supporting our local programmers where I can. I've been a husband and I've been a wife. I've tasted various facets of love and dreamed dreams beyond the comprehension of most. Now I'm an old widow, turning my attention to my community ready to hand while I still have life just because I can; and in this I have found great fulfilment. If life be a lottery, then I've won a great fortune that I had not been able to foresee in my youth.

You see, there was a time I had thought I was the only one like me, with the word "transgender" nowhere in the vernacular. I had thought myself cursed, even failing at trying to end my own life. It's well to have been that kind of failure because of the things I had witnessed and learned over the decades since. Now I look back and can say that it was worth living after all... the struggle, the pain, the family rejection, the discrimination. For it all I owe great thanks to the right people I had found along the way. Now it's for me to be that right person when mentoring people who have sought my help; and for those who also struggle, I have reason to believe that they can find a future even more epic than what I had realized for myself.