Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Recent posts

Member Blogs / Re: Davina's diary
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:20:43 AM
Not venting or complaining just need to post some drivel, had to take a rest day due to back and knees and that peed me off. No apple cider vinegar yesterday and joints much better this morning. Bit grey this morning but brightening up so they say. Builders bodged some covering on the garage flat roofs, gutters still broken. Got the tummy trots from my pasta dish, didnt cook the shallot out enough and I put a whole Escalon shallot in so my fault. Not moaning just observing.
 Right off down the garage to do a bit more trim work and head scratching. 
Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:04:59 AM
You forgot the can of gas!
Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:02:30 AM
toil   tile
Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 03:00:49 AM
cold
Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by Paulie - Today at 01:05:31 AM
Chatter
Member Blogs / Re: So here I am…. Paulie.
Last post by Paulie - Today at 12:03:14 AM
The good;
The company I work for is in the beginning stages of merging with another.  It's due to be completed near the end of this year or early next.  All the managers are putting together presentations of what their teams are working on.  So, one of the managers got the bright idea of putting together slides of each team member with their education, projects, and a picture. I've never been thrilled when my employers try to do this.  I've been a microwave communications engineer, mechanical engineer, software, and a firmware engineer; I don't have a degree in any of them.  Not having a degree to list leaves a gap in my profile that other don't have.  But this time it wasn't as much the degree part that bothered me, as much as the photo part.

I tried to make up a few tongue-in- cheek excuses why I couldn't get one for him, hoping he let it go. Well he found a very recent picture somewhere, sent it to me and asked "how's this one, it's a little fuzzy but it looks good".  Surprisingly I liked the picture he found.  Recently I had started trimming my eyebrows and getting my hair cut a little more on the feminine side, and the fact that it was a little fuzzy softened my looks some.  I was feeling good about how I looked.

The bad and the ugly;

Today I had to submit a background check that included finger prints and a photo.  The gentleman processing the background check took care of the paperwork (online forms), fingerprints, and then stood me in front of a gray wall.  He used his cell phone to snapped one photo about as quickly as one could, and off he was to upload it.  No "say cheese", no nothing.  The photo was close, sharp, crisp, a little distorted from the camera angle, and OMG I looked bad.

Sigh.

It's not like it's going to be on a name badge or anything.  The only people that will see it will be the processing agency.  But it still bummed me out.
With trying to prep at work for my trip and a pet issue going on at home, it's not been one of my better days.  Tomorrow's not going to be any better, (I'll explain this latter this week).

I'm not looking for really sympathy, just venting today, overall I don't have much to complain about and life is good. 

Warm Regards,
Paulie.
Birthdays / Birthday celebrations - April ...
Last post by Northern Star Girl - Yesterday at 10:54:02 PM
  @kira_   @Angel On Acid   @Zeda

Dear Members:
  Members Birthdays to recognize on April 23, 2024
    Wishing each of you a very Happy Birthday
          :icon_flower:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_birthday:  :icon_flower:

What are your plans for your Birthday? 
        Dinner out with friends and family?
            Cake?  Candles?  Special trip?

On your Birthday, check your profile for a special gift...

Again, wishing you well and enjoy your special day.
Warm Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]

Fun and Games / Re: In This Thread We Are Cons...
Last post by Paulie - Yesterday at 10:23:55 PM
No,
Quote from: fair_in_height on Yesterday at 05:34:37 PMNO NO NO! We all know that the moon is fake! Even if the moon landing IS real!

No! No! No!  The moon is not fake.  It's made up of gasses.  And the sun is "Almost" to hot for us to go near.

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3454296
Political and Legal News / West Virginia trans sports ban...
Last post by LoriDee - Yesterday at 10:12:06 PM
West Virginia's transgender athletes ban discriminates against a 13-year-old trans girl, a US court has ruled.
https://www.thepinknews.com/2024/04/17/west-virginia-transgender-sports-ban-discriminatory/
Written by Amelia Hansford, Pink News
Published online: Apr 17, 2024

A court ruling handed down by the 4th US Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday (16 April) described the proposed law banning trans women from women's sports as the "definition of gender identity discrimination."

The West Virginia law, dubbed the "Save Women's Sports Act," was passed in 2021 and barred transgender girls from competing in girls' teams or sporting events.

It was challenged by 13-year-old transgender school student, Becky Pepper-Jackson, who was 11 at the time, after she was blocked from participating in her school's cross-country and track teams.

The law was successfully blocked in February 2023 and further attempts to overturn the decision have been rejected.

The appeals court handed down yet another ruling blocking the bill from taking effect, saying that the bill violates constitutional rights and the US' anti-discrimination act, Title IX.

"The Act treats transgender girls differently from cisgender girls," the decision reads. "Which is – literally – the definition of gender identity discrimination."

------

Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear track shoes.  ;D
Fun and Games / Re: In This Thread We Are Cons...
Last post by bread - Yesterday at 09:00:21 PM
Quote from: fair_in_height on Yesterday at 07:32:33 PM@catbug

Yes 100% the Soviets blew it up with the hydrogen bomb in the 60s in a fit of rage after the US beat them to the moon landing. The US government now maintains a series of reflective mirrors to reflect the light back to earth. The regular eclipses is just the government going to clean the mirrors.
Couldn't have been difficult, being flat and hollow after all.