Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Recent posts

Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by CynthiaAnn - Today at 09:10:11 AM
refilled
Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by CynthiaAnn - Today at 09:09:26 AM
reserved proud
Last post by Paulie - Today at 08:30:29 AM
Filled
Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by imallie - Today at 08:27:36 AM
Obviously I've been in my head a lot this week on this stuff.

One thing I'm leaning on?

I have spent much of my professional life being "stared at" - literally and figuratively. Public speaking, on TV, in front of the press (both sides of that) - and as the most recognizable figure in the athletic program after the coach and (sometimes) the AD.

So because of all that? It took me a while to realize that strangers sometimes say really ignorant and not very nice things about me online. Coaches deal with that so do athletes. I got a smaller piece, but yeah I got a piece.
And like them you always say "I never read that stuff" but then your friends who are trying to be supportive saving "did you see this that they're saying about you now? What a bunch of bs!"
And you just reply "no, thanks. I hadn't seen it. But that's fascinating. I honestly thought I knew who my mom was. But apparently, not according to these fine, anonymous folks" 😂

And of course, it wasn't hard sometimes to suss out who these people were - they were the same people who were so nice to me in public and I would just smile back.

Like I said - not sure if that will fully steel me, but Lord knows if it ends up being helpful in someway - that is hilarious.

Love,
Allie
Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 08:21:44 AM
Silent Loud
Crossdresser talk / Re: Feminize for my Wife only
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 08:20:27 AM
Messaging could be one of the restricted features until you have posted at least 15 messages.

The admin would know but you could wait until this post count and see if that option appears.
Last post by ChrissyRyan - Today at 08:16:06 AM
Charged
Last post by imallie - Today at 08:14:16 AM
Quote from: REM.1126 on Today at 01:04:55 AMI don't know how larger the restaurant is or how many different staff members come speak with you, but you could come out to them before you show up dressed as you plan to going forward.

It's a pretty big place. There are a couple of the staff with whom we speak most often so might I say something to them? I don't know. I think more likely I'd just hope they were on staff the first day I show up "hair'ed".
But honestly there are going to be lots of firsts like that. So getting that one out of the way will be nice when it happens. 
Last post by imallie - Today at 08:09:43 AM
Quote from: LoriDee on Yesterday at 02:24:36 PMSomething I just remembered... you said you were thinking of going with a human hair topper.
The nice thing about them is that they can be dyed the same as your bio hair. Something to consider. I prefer synthetics because they hold their style so it's easy getting ready to go somewhere.

Just a thought,
Hugs!
It's funny Lori I was just discussing this topic with my wife last night, as the salon owner had a blog entry on her site all about that issue.
Where we stand is basically we are going to go into that appointment open minded. They're the experts. I think the only time people make bad choices is when they tell people who know way more about a topic how to do things 😂

From my understanding the process is that they'll grill me on what is most important to me and based off those answers that leads to a solution.

Oh by the way - in terms of human hair, I think maybe what I said was the salon owner told me that gray human hair is not great quality. So if I wanted human hair I'd likely need to dye mine. I think that was the confusion because I was trying to get more info about what that entailed.
Last post by imallie - Today at 08:03:45 AM
Quote from: EllenW on Yesterday at 10:39:34 AMAllie,

I understand your concerns, at least I think I do. I know I was anxious when I first started going out as a female. But that was mostly when I was just cross dressing before I realized I was transgender. It got easier as time went on.

As to transition, my path was different than yours. At first, I just started wearing clothes that were more gender neutral, earring and nail polish. Slowly I started wearing only women's outfits. Like you, we went to the same restaurants and I never had an issue. Over a couple of years, they started greeting us as two ladies.

Wish you the best of luck in your path forward.

Ellen

Ellen - actually that's really similar to what I've been doing. Been growing my hair out for months. Been wearing women's clothes and/or gender neutral stuff as well. Or at worst my color palate has changed to pastels. But people don't really notice things other than themselves.
Once I do the hair thing, I think that's over, plus then I can be more overt. Even so it'll continue to be a gradual thing because that's what feels right to me.
Love,
Allie