Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Your report has been sent successfully.

Random things that irritate me about being Transexual.

Started by KirahRose001, October 03, 2016, 10:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KirahRose001

I'm just complaining about things that make me angry about being trans. Here we go.

Average Breast implants are 3000 dollars us.
The srs average can range between $7,000 to $50,000 most states don't have insurance that covers it.

The number of trans sex workers are increasing over time because of the cost of these prices in some cases.

41 percent of transgender had attempted suicide, compared to a national average of just 4.6 percent. Primarily because the surgery isn't available and no one is budging on the prices or seem to care that people are dying.It's like there is a cure to a problem but no one is stepping up because it results in less income.

There are no government alternatives,funding, or specific insurance providers to help in most states. No one really cares besides other trans people.

You naturally get thrown into LGB even if don't want to associate with it.

LGB overshadows T  as far a social progress. No matter what happens the community isn't interested fighting a battle single-handedly . So it outsources into other  allied communities. Who at times don't have our best interest all the time and aren't interested in educating themselves in masses.At times the results are equally harmful.

If you want an ounce normality,safety, or  the same treatment as a cis woman. You may have to lie about your past. A lot.

There is very little media to relate to. Most movies and television think your appeal is so low. They have Cis people play the few roles there are . But for some reason, this isn't culturally on the same level as black face.

Sorry for the soap box .

•  

stephaniec

well, when the CDC plays dummy with trans rights you know there is a problem. Refering to a news item in the medical news section. "'Thanks for all the great questions and comments related to why transgender youth are not included in the info-graphic.  Transgender youth are included in all Youth Risk Behavior Surveys.  However, we do not have a question to identify them.  The challenge is developing a credible gender identity question that is appropriate for students and consistent with the YRBS question format.
'We are working on developing and testing a question on gender identity.  This is an important next step to determine if YRBS can be a good source of data on the transgender population.  We are committed to preventing violence before it happens among all youth.'"
  •  

KirahRose001

Quote from: stephaniec on October 03, 2016, 10:41:44 PM
well, when the CDC plays dummy with trans rights you know there is a problem. Refering to a news item in the medical news section. "'Thanks for all the great questions and comments related to why transgender youth are not included in the info-graphic.  Transgender youth are included in all Youth Risk Behavior Surveys.  However, we do not have a question to identify them.  The challenge is developing a credible gender identity question that is appropriate for students and consistent with the YRBS question format.
'We are working on developing and testing a question on gender identity.  This is an important next step to determine if YRBS can be a good source of data on the transgender population.  We are committed to preventing violence before it happens among all youth.'"
I don't get why they just don't read the news or other surverys to figure this stuff out its really not that complicated to fix. Make medication and SRS more available for the population simple as that.
  •  

stephaniec

•  

kelly_aus

Quote from: KirahRose001 on October 03, 2016, 10:29:04 PM
I'm just complaining about things that make me angry about being trans. Here we go.

Average Breast implants are 3000 dollars us.
The srs average can range between $7,000 to $50,000 most states don't have insurance that covers it.

Try being an Aussie - up to $8-10,000 for a properly hung pair of implants.. Prices for SRS are similar, but there is little coverage from the Public Health system..

QuoteThe number of trans sex workers are increasing over time because of the cost of these prices in some cases.

I'd like to see some hard stats on that, because it doesn't gel with my experiences in talking to trans people all over the world..

Quote41 percent of transgender had attempted suicide, compared to a national average of just 4.6 percent. Primarily because the surgery isn't available and no one is budging on the prices or seem to care that people are dying.It's like there is a cure to a problem but no one is stepping up because it results in less income.

It's not all about surgery.. It's also about transphobia and being treated like a 2nd or 3rd class citizen. It can be loosing family and friends. It can be many things, so suggesting it's primarily about SRS is somewhat disingenuous.. 

QuoteThere are no government alternatives,funding, or specific insurance providers to help in most states. No one really cares besides other trans people.

This is the same for many other medical issues - there is only so much money to go around.

QuoteYou naturally get thrown into LGB even if don't want to associate with it.

And some trans people are L, G or B.. If the stats I've seen are believable, it could be as high as 60%..

QuoteLGB overshadows T  as far a social progress. No matter what happens the community isn't interested fighting a battle single-handedly . So it outsources into other  allied communities. Who at times don't have our best interest all the time and aren't interested in educating themselves in masses.At times the results are equally harmful.

Well, the trans community is sadly far from cohesive and, frankly, needs all the help it can get.

QuoteIf you want an ounce normality,safety, or  the same treatment as a cis woman. You may have to lie about your past. A lot.

Can't say I have too much trouble with being treated the same as any other woman. I don't lie about my past, never have, never will. Even my last workplace was no issue.

QuoteThere is very little media to relate to. Most movies and television think your appeal is so low. They have Cis people play the few roles there are . But for some reason, this isn't culturally on the same level as black face.

Sorry for the soap box .

Personally, I don't get the fuss about who plays trans characters. One of my all time favourite portrayals of a trans woman was done by a cis guy - Terrence Stamp. With that said, a trans woman played a trans character in Sense8 and I don't remember the trans community being as positively vocal as they are negatively vocal when a cis person plays a trans character.. Go figure.

For me, being trans is what I make it.. I shed the shame and guilt - it was never mine. I just live the life of any other woman. I'm known to say that post transition, "I live the boringly normal life of an Aussie lesbian."
  •  

an0npr0xi01

Quote from: kelly_aus on October 04, 2016, 01:39:06 AM
Try being an Aussie - up to $8-10,000 for a properly hung pair of implants.. Prices for SRS are similar, but there is little coverage from the Public Health system..

I'd like to see some hard stats on that, because it doesn't gel with my experiences in talking to trans people all over the world..

It's not all about surgery.. It's also about transphobia and being treated like a 2nd or 3rd class citizen. It can be loosing family and friends. It can be many things, so suggesting it's primarily about SRS is somewhat disingenuous.. 

This is the same for many other medical issues - there is only so much money to go around.

And some trans people are L, G or B.. If the stats I've seen are believable, it could be as high as 60%..

Well, the trans community is sadly far from cohesive and, frankly, needs all the help it can get.

Can't say I have too much trouble with being treated the same as any other woman. I don't lie about my past, never have, never will. Even my last workplace was no issue.

Personally, I don't get the fuss about who plays trans characters. One of my all time favourite portrayals of a trans woman was done by a cis guy - Terrence Stamp. With that said, a trans woman played a trans character in Sense8 and I don't remember the trans community being as positively vocal as they are negatively vocal when a cis person plays a trans character.. Go figure.

For me, being trans is what I make it.. I shed the shame and guilt - it was never mine. I just live the life of any other woman. I'm known to say that post transition, "I live the boringly normal life of an Aussie lesbian."
1. (Ill be using numbers to respond because i don't know how to use quotes on my phone.)
Its not about it being 5 thousand dollars more expensive.  Its the fact its there arent any type funding options like insurance available  despite how of much of an issue funding a decent surgery is.

2 & 3 : I'm aware there are other issues that result in depression however this for a lot of people including my self this is a major issue. I'm also mainly talking about my personal experience. However most of what i posted are hard facts i literally copy and pasted from united states government statistics and added words to it . There may a more updated statics but I'm sure that its not far off. When I'm at a computer i can post it. But you can copy paste it and I'm sure most of what i posted will come up.

4. I don't believe money is an issue as much as it seems.Especially when in most cases its not funded because the government classification of SRS is cosmetic so its not insured various states. Companies like Cigna reported they want to. Its just isn't available  to change by law so me or others may have to move in order to handle the cost. (I'm not including privately owned insurance.)

5.I know that their are people that want to be involved in LGB. Which is fine. How ever the problem I personally have is I don't. Even if I did .Why does supporting something mean my problems are close enough that i have to share an acronym with something that isn't that similar beyond the same people beat us up . Why do i need to burden the challenge of being gay just because other people decide that's what they wish to do. I have no idea . An i hate feeling as if i need to be thrown into those subjects around people when its brought up

( To me its like fusing black and white people together because they both share the burden of being human. You cant do it because blacks and whites just have separate issues an the universe seems to understand that . We still support one another even though were aware how different .So why is the way we handle this so much different.  )

6.Why would you not. Having a cis male play a trans character is essentially black face for another culture.Its demeaning,reinforces the stereotype of us just being men playing dress up, it takes both a opportunity from an up and coming actress or actor in a field there already isn't much support for. While the entire world misses out on a role model.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
  •  

KathyLauren

Yes, there is a lot to complain about.  Personally, I can't see putting too much energy into it.

About allying with LGB people or groups... It wasn't on my radar at all.  I have no problem with LGB people, or with supporting their causes, but I didn't consider myself in that category.  Now, I suddenly find myself becoming a lesbian.  Even weirder, my wife is also becoming a lesbian, and she isn't even transitioning.  It's something I am doing to her.

Someone a few days ago on these forums pointed out that, for the vast majority of us, we are on the gay spectrum at some point in our transition, either before or after transition, just due to the way those categories are defined.

So, I can reluctantly see the logic of including us in the LGBT+++ acronym, even if they do not want us.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Michelle_P

Kelly's got it. The cultural transphobia is the worst. Politicians beating the >-bleeped-< Alarm for personal gain, willful ignorance among religious leaders, the loss of family and friends, all stem from one really screwed up view of gender and human sexuality.  Worst, I can't fight it on my own.

At a personal level, the people who have to prove I don't fool them are the worst.  I'm not trying to fool them. I just want to be my authentic self, just another Lipstick Lesbian. ;)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

RobynD

Thanks for the thoughts i share in some of them.

Some states do protect you more than others and Oregon for instance requires that public and private insurance cover trans care. The VA now covers as does medicare in some states. So, the government options are expanding.

•  

an0npr0xi01

Quote from: RobynD on October 04, 2016, 12:22:03 PM
Thanks for the thoughts i share in some of them.

Some states do protect you more than others and Oregon for instance requires that public and private insurance cover trans care. The VA now covers as does medicare in some states. So, the government options are expanding.
I was planning to move out to Chicago because its pretty trans people friendly and has insurance policies Orgean was actually my runner up.  I wish i didn't have to leave so many friends behind. But im glad if i can make this step forward. But i hope its illegal for chicago not to cover it.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
  •  

Cindy

Topic unlocked, one post removed.

In posting I do not want discriminatory comments made about the gender diverse community. All members of the community are equal and are represented by this site. Suggesting that some groups are less than others is discriminatory and is not supported on this site.

Cindy
Forum Admin
  •