Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How much will taking HRT as MTF Kill my male genitalia?

Started by TaoPhoenix, September 17, 2011, 03:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadie

Since starting HRT no libido and no erections, except for the night ones that the body does to keep the penis healthy.  Awake, nothing.  However I was never high libido prior to HRT and sometimes had difficulty maintaining. HRT seems to have killed it all together.  Not sure if I am even orgasmic anymore, haven't had one since starting HRT 3 months ago.

So as you can see from our varying testimonies its a crap shoot, you can't predict it. Just like everything else related to HRT.
Sadie
  •  

Joelene9

My libedo was quite high compared to my friends the same age.  Some needed Viagara.  About 2 1/2 weeks after starting HRT, it was all suppressed.  I did experience only one hard erection when I went off of the T-blockers for 2 weeks though.  Shows there could be some comeback with the erections.  The longer you are on HRT the more irreversible the fertility.  Sperm bank before HRT is a good idea if you're still young.   
  Joelene
  •  

Naturally Blonde

I woke up this morning to a knock at the door, I then find I have a horrendous full blown erection, what do I do? I needed to answer the door but decline to do so! this is after 10 years of anti androgens and HRT. I am absolutely gutted!
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

JenJen2011

Quote from: Naturally Blonde on September 21, 2011, 03:58:35 AM
I woke up this morning to a knock at the door, I then find I have a horrendous full blown erection, what do I do? I needed to answer the door but decline to do so! this is after 10 years of anti androgens and HRT. I am absolutely gutted!

hehe, maybe you just needed to pee?
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

GingerMaxim

Quote from: pebbles on September 17, 2011, 04:10:39 AM
I can still get erections and have orgasms. However it's near enough completely dry I don't ejaculate thus nor do I produce sperms and am thus sterile this is irriversible. My libido is much lower than it used to be. and I can go months without feeling "that itch" thus it takes alittle longer to get into that mindset as most of the time you can't be bothered.

When you don't have an orgasm for monthsit gets ALOT more intense when you finally do.

I agree with  Pebbles, my morning erections have lessened, my normal daily erections are much less as well, but I can certainly get my own erection if wanted. Just not as hard for me and most certainly my ejaculations have decreased almost to nothing and the bit I do get is alot more runny and liquidy (not really a word). But my penis seems alot more sensitive and actually more enjoyable.
  •  

Ms Grace

Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

luna nyan

Drifting down the river of life...
My 4+ years non-transitioning HRT experience
Ask me anything!  I promise you I know absolutely everything about nothing! :D
  •  

warlockmaker

Much of it is in the mind. I had a very high libido as a male, could do it 10 time in one night. I have now been on HRT for 14+months and I do not have morning erections but have a great orgasims at least once a day and sometimes more. The fluids are clear. My testorone count is virtually non existant. If you had a very high libido as a cis male then You can most likely maintain. Maybe I'm an exception but I have read this forum for over a year and other have the same experience.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

stephaniec

thankfully no erections , nada. I have bountiful  O's though
  •  

Jayne

It definately a good idea to bank sperm if you want children with your genes.

As for erections & orgasms, what happens to one is not guaranteed to happen for all.
In my experience I had normal orgasms whilst on low doses of E for 3 - 4 months, for the next few months on a slightly higher E dose I had intense orgasms.
Then I had my T-blocker injection two months ago & everything changed, I get NO unwanted erections (thank God), I can get an erection but it's harder than before the blocker (I mean harder to wake it up, get your minds out of the gutter, lol), for the first month I couldn't reach orgasm & it didn't bother me at all then I managed an orgasm but it wasn't as mindblowing as before, in the last two months i've had 2 orgasms (as opposed to 60+ when running on T).

It seems to be that if i'm approaching a major orgasm things get too sensitive just as I approach the trigger point, there have been a few times when i've been at the tipping point & suddenly snapped out of it because my entire body is shouting at me "what the hell was that??". if it's a minor orgasm then my body allows it.
As HRT makes changes to our chemistry we have to learn to change with it.

I've never felt happier or more relaxed with my body in my entire life
  •  

Shandril

Thanks this has offered me some hope, i plan on keeping it and using it lol so does my wife. By the looks of it the more active you are sexually does or might have an impact on its ability to perform when needed.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

•  

GingerMaxim

I personally since I've been on HRT have lost 1inch off my penis. Woohooo...
Also my sex drive is down maybe 75%. Woohooo

I do fantasize about things men and women being Bi. I do like NOT having a hardon every
single morning and getting them during the day.

•  

KristyWalker

This post answered questions I was about to ask! I am so glad it came back up when it did.

[/url]
  •  

julie d

After a year of HRT, T Blockers, and finasteride, I was much smaller, unable to maintain an erection, and libido much lower. Divorced and unsure about my sexuality.  However, loving my new body and looking forward to dating in the future!
  •  

archlord

After 1 month random and morning erections were not happening anymore . I was finding a feeling of peace with my body as it wasnt mechanical system anymore . I didnt have to masturbate 2 time a day and feel bad about It anymore . Now at 4 month and 3 week , my genitals are working quite similar to woman's. I can be days without feeling the need to have sexual activity but when I do ... The orgasm is quite magical, mind and body centered.. Its much better then It used to be omg . I still get very hard and I think it is stronger the before . ( my T is Totally dead btw , It was 0.87 on 3 month blood test and my dr doubled my AA dose since then) . My ejaculations are now only a few drop of clear liquid or is only air ... But I repeat again , orgasm are MUCH better then anything i got as a men . I also need to be concentrated and on the mood, otherwize nothing happen lol
  •  

Kclaire86

I have no unwanted erections, sometimes while making out I'll get one... but aside from those... unless i'm really in the mood it won't "stand to salute the flag"

my orgasms are occasionally a ghost, however most of the time it is just really liquidy and kinda yellowish.
  •  

Dankster

Like everything else with hrt, it's ymmv. I know plenty of girls that have lost theirs 3 months into hrt and a couple that can still easily get it up over a year into hrt. Before hrt, I would fool around 5 times a day, literally. Now, if I'm lucky, I can do it once a week, maybe. If you still want it to work, later into hrt, from what my friend told me, is that you gotta keep at it everyday. Hope this helps.
  •  

Adchop

I'm happy someone started this thread, since I've been curious about this same question myself. I'm planning to start hrt in the next few months, but I've already noticed many of the same issues in my own sexuality over the last 3-5 years. My doctor diagnosed me with low T about 5 years ago, & it was hard for me to understand how all of this fit together. I've had issues for years now where it's hard for me to "get in the mood" for sex, & even then it's difficult for me to hold an erection, unless I can really stay focused & keep myself in the moment. I've noticed that even now when I look at beautiful women that I'm attracted to, its more of a desire for intimacy, instead of just a raw sexual desire.

All of this has made my marriage extremely awkward when it comes to the topic of sex. Many times I'm around men or family members who make jokes about sex, or talk about intimacy with their spouses. I always felt awkward, considering my sex drive had a more feminine nature to it, & me and my wife don't really have sex much anymore. None of it really made since until I realized that I'm TG.

I'm not sure what kind of effect hrt will have on me, since I've already having some of these issues, though I'm very curious to find out though. I have noticed like others have said that even though the erections are harder to keep, when you can get in the right mood/state of mind, the orgasms are much better.
  •  

liz

As others said it makes you sterile and block sperm production after a while.

You will probably have a random erection now and then but it's gonna be...  Less hard and easier to get rid of.

I had to stop everything 3 weeks before srs and i must say it was the most unpleasant moment of my life. I spended those 3 weeks on a semi-permanent boner.
  •  

Ange

It hurts. For me, that is. When you don't use your thing for too long (in my case I think I only masturbated twice these 10 past monthes, and it's been 15 monthes since the last time I had sex), some tissues used in erection actually shrink, causing pain when you finally go erect.

It's so painful the slightest erection makes me want to cry. Hopefully, erections never happen if I don't look for them. (or if my girlfriend doesn't try do deep-kiss me which did happen and owww, that was good but owww, that was also really really bad xD )

Apart from that, testicles shrink and sperm is no longer produced. That's all.
Tell me what your definition of "man" and "woman" is, I'll tell you which I am. Not the other way around.
  •