Gaff - worth it or not ?

Started by Bdnewgirl, September 30, 2005, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bdnewgirl

I was wondering is the gaffs all that they say or is it a waste of time

;D Brandi
  •  

Sarah Louise

I guess I would have to ask what you think the gaff is going to do for you.  I have personally never used one, to me it always seemed more of a novelty item.  I guess it would be considered individual preference.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Shelley

I find just a neat tuck job works fine and doesn't spoil the line of my panties but as Sarah said it probably comes down to personal choice.

Shelley
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Bdnewgirl,

Before buying gaffs, you may want to try to make your own.  It's quite simple.  You buy support panty hose, cut the legs away from the panty, have the leg openings hemmed with an expanding stitch, then wear and tuck as if they were thongs.  It's a great way to keep Mr Wobbly under control.  However this method is best suited for all day active wear.  I swim, Kayak, ride horses, and a whole lot of other activities, and it keeps every thing nicely tucked away especially when I'm wearing bikinis, and speaking of bikinis, when I go for my regular bikini wax I don't ever have to worry about anything showing.  They are pretty long lasting and cheap to buy and make, and as long as you shape and wear them like a thong they don't spoil your panty lines.

Just an alternative.

Steph
  •  

Sarah Louise

Very creative Stephanie.  See, there are always ways to save money.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

AllisonY2K

Nah, I never used one, just a pair of snug panties was good enough for me.
  •  

Bdnewgirl

I've always use a snug panty. Just wonderd if anyone had used them before. I was reading on one of the cd stores how I can't live with out one. I just laugh at those Fake before and after photos

^-^
Brandi
  •  

GypsyKaren

Just the word 'gaff' sounds to medievel to me. I get by with control top pantyhose.

GypsyKaren
  •  

AllisonY2K

QuoteI was reading on one of the cd stores how I can't live with out one.

now, this may be true if you wear really snug clothes. I don't, so that's how I get buy without using one.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Bdnewgirl,

So you can see the wearing of a gaff or other things depends a lot on the type of clothes you wear and the type of activities you're involved in.  Obviously you couldn't wear pantyhose with shorts, or while you're swimming but they would work under pants or a dress and skirt.  Hot it the summer though.

Ooooops I take that back.  I have seen women wear pantyhose with shorts (not culottes), definitely a fashion faux pas.  :)

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Shelley

Where are the fashion police when you need them. ???

Shelley
  •  

Bombi

I have tried a gaff. It was expensive and proved to work no better than the thong panties I usually wear. At the beach or for swimming I usually wear a 2 piece bikini. There is a shop that sews custom made swimwear near where I live. They have made two suits for me that fit great and really flatter my developing figure. I always have 2 bottoms made, a brazil cut and a thong. My wife decides what I should wear depending on where we are going. If we go to a pool I wear a one piece. If I show through I'll wear a pair of panties under.
  Don't waste your money you can achieve the same results with panties or using Stephenie's methd which I am going to try.
Yes there is really bigender people
  •  

Cassandra

My interpretation of a gaff is it is the suffix for Gaffaw, which is a mistake. Which is exactly what you will be making if you buy one. In my early days I went one step further. I bought a artificial (how shall I put this) lower extremity which advertised a built in method for going # 1.  Not as advertised, could never pass with tight clothing. Definetely could not be worn with a bikini and no way to go to the bathroom as advertised. It was hot and when you did have to go made lots of squeeky sounds when being pulled down or up. Have never tried anything else since. $200 mistake.

I stick to panties and panty hose. Just pull old wally as far back as possible and pull panties up as tight as possible followed by pantyhose and voila. I've gone this way long enough I can stand up legs tight pull everything up and everything else goes into place. Practice makes perfect. That and loose clothing plus it doesn't cost $200.

Cassie
  •  

AllisonY2K

I never knew anyone who bought that. so totally not like how they advertised, eh? that's a shame. it did have some limitations to it though.
  •  

Brenda32

Okay.  I have a question (cause I'm new at dressing underclothes.  I was just to bed when this didn't matter).  How do I put this so it's not to be edited.  Ummm,  Tucking "Mr. Wobbly" (as Casandra put it. Interesting choice, but we'll go with it) isn't a problem.  Hidding his two friends is a problem though.

Problem one is that I like thongs.  I have actually found some at Target which have enough room up front to hide things, but they just aren't that snug so things don't stay.  The snug ones are too snug and are uncofortable.  Is there a method I can use to find the middle ground?
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hi Brenda

Hiding the two friends has risks but it can be done.  There is a pocket on each side of the abdomen, just above the base of the penis.  The testicles can be pushed up into the pockets, one each side, and kept there with very little pressure or discomfort, and be completely hidden.  However, there is a risk of doing this for extended periods of time.  The testicles need to be cool in order to perform as designed, that's why they hang in a cool sack.  Tucking them up into the abdomen causes their temperature to rise, and that's when the damage can occur.

I've been tucking this way for many, many years, and as a result my testicles no longer function the way they should.  I have no problem with this, and examinations have revealed that I no longer produce sperm.  For myself the two friends will be gone for good soon, so the fact that I can no longer produce sperm is of no concequence to me as I don't need it.

As I said, this procedure has risks, so be extremely careful, chat with your doctor about it, that's what I did.

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Shelley

I usedStephs method and it works,

You can also push Mr Wobbly (thanks Cassie) back the same way. If you have shave there you can use surgical tape to keep him there.

Quotea brazil cut and a thong

Question, Brazil cut bikini bottom ???

Is this another age thingy?

Shelley
  •  

Cassandra

Wait a minute. I said old Wally not Mr. Wobbly although that sounds funnier.  :D
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hi Shelly,

Ok I'll own up, I said Mr Wobbly  :)

QuoteQuestion, Brazil cut bikini bottom Huh

Is this another age thingy?

Ha, ha, may be.  This is a Brazilian Bikini http://www.maria-brazil.org/newimages/bikini2.jpg

and to go along with it you need a Brazilian Bikini Wax - OUCH - Quoted from:

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/bodybasics/remove/qas/0,,548157_185960,00.html

A Brazilian bikini wax removes the hair from the entire pubic region, except for a small patch just above the vaginal area. Many women request a Brazilian because it gives a clean, close wax and the freedom to wear even the most revealing swimwear and lingerie.

Expect to be waxed to the max if you visit a salon for a Brazilian treatment. A paper thong might be provided, but most likely, you?ll be in the buff. First the hair is snipped with scissors so the wax can reach the follicles. Then, using a wooden stick, a technician places warm wax on the area a little bit at a time. As with a regular bikini wax, cloth strips are placed over the hot wax and, after it hardens, pulled away from the skin.

A traditional Brazilian includes the labia and the area that reaches into the buttocks. If there are stray hairs after waxing, the technician may also tweeze the area. The key to allowing wax to penetrate into the follicles (and provide the closest possible wax) is to relax. And many women claim the treatment is not nearly as painful as it sounds.

I'm thinking about getting one, well maybe.  :)

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Brenda32

After my post I went searching on the net for this answer and found the hiding the testes in the abdomen area method.  I tried it but couldn't get it to work.  Being that that was my first shot at it, I'm sure I was doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what that was.  Getting them up there was no problem.  Keeping them up there was.

What did I do wrong?
  •